• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Erectile Dysfunction 2 weeks after MDMA, 5HTP, Help!

legéniedumal

Greenlighter
I'm writing this 2 weeks after taking 200mg MDMA (relatively pure, tested and from DNM) in two doses (150 then 50 2 hours later).
I supplemented heavily, ALA, Quercetin, CoQ10, VitC, Magnesium etc, and have been taking 200mg of 5HTP every day since.
The day immediately following my roll I took about 8mg of Moxy (5MeoMiPT), though it was a pretty weak experience.
I'm 18 y/o, healthy, male.
I've rolled twice before (with supplements, similar dosing, spaced 3+ months apart), but generally don't engage with drugs frequently, and don't plan to until I'm a bit older. I rarely smoke weed.

Here's my problem - I am having immense trouble getting and maintaining an erection.
It has gotten worse this week, wasn't much of a problem (only slightly noticeable) the first week, though there.
It isn't really a blood-flow problem - I've tried L-Arginine and Yohimbine, neither help.
It's much more a difficulty with getting turned on and feeling sexual desire - this lack of feeling keeps me from getting hard.

What am I to do!
My first thought, other than some unknown brain damage, it's the 5HTP, since that produces a lot of serotonin, known to lower libido in some cases.
I stopped taking it 48 hours ago, but haven't seen much progress yet, other than one instance of getting to about 70%, but it was delicate and I have not been able to repeat.

Any information would be lovely!
I really hope I'm not fucked (hah, "not fucked" is right) for life with dysfunction.
Pretty concerned here.

Thanks!

I doubt it's got anything to do with your testosterone levels, especially at 18 so don;t start thinking it's that if it's crossed your mind. Do you feel any sort of depression at all? Could just be a psychological thing since taking the mdma, but even that's very unlikely. If it was working properly since taking mdma up until now then i'd say it's nothing to do with the mdma to be honest.

Erectile dysfunction is a known side-effect of 5-htp.

Homeless -> MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs

dont do 5-htp after a roll of any seotntyin relases agents. I used to be for it, after using it after 5-mapb I feel I gave myself serontin syndrom bc two days after i was fine and wasnt untill I took the 5-htp. I could be wrong but ill never take 5-htp after any serotnon releasing agent or any supplement that I dont know whats in it like a moa inhibitor

The buildup of serotonin might take a few days to go away after stopping the 5-HTP. Taking a lot of 5-HTP can reduce dopamine/noradrenaline/adrenaline levels.

Maybe stopping the 5-HTP and switching instead to L-Tyrosine for a while would bring the noradrenaline & adrenaline levels back up.