• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ER/LA Opiods (oxycodine+naloxone)??????

Bigazznugz

Bluelighter
Hey guys i just saw a article about the next 'generation' of opiates. These new formulations apparently deter abuse of oxycodine and other opiates. You cant do CWE extractions with them you get no effect if the drug is crushed, snorted, injected etc.
My big question is wouldnt someone already on pain management ie. Oxys or methadone go right into withdrawl by taking anything with naloxone in it? I know for a fact if you are on methadone and try to switch to bupe's (they contain naloxone) before you get to a dose under 40 mgs that you will go straight into a horrible withdrawal. I have been shot with naloxone when i overdosed and woke up in the ambulance to them getting ready to give me another shot. I have never ever in my life expierenced pain that severe. So this combo baffels me. Anybody care to shed some light?
P.s mods if there is a better place to move this post to feel free :)
Thanks,
Nugz

Nope. The oxy/naloxone combo is to deter IV use.

The naloxone is inactive when taken orally.

Rtp

Oh its inactive orally, that makes alot of since then. I just hope it completly inactive. Because any naltrexone sucks unless your dying.
Mamy thanks rtp!!!
I also have heardof a opoiate based antidepressant fort people who donymt respond well to traditional meds. It also has naloxone in it.

Last edited:
That's what I'm on & it's worked wonders for my chronic pain!! Even after being run over by a car!

Rtp

In theory, you'll only be affected by the Naloxone in the pill if you use the medication by any route that bypasses first-pass metabolism i.e. anything other than straight oral use.

In theory, you'll only be affected by the Naloxone in the pill if you use the medication by any route that bypasses first-pass metabolism i.e. anything other than straight oral use.

Right. When you snort or IV something it bypasses the liver and goes straight into your bloodstream. So the Naloxone will make it into your brain and block the effect of oxy. When taken as prescribed (orally) the Naloxone gets absorbed through the intestines but then has to pass through the liver where it is rapidly metabolized. But the oxy is mostly unmetabolized, although it will get metabolized eventually