• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Epival (Sodium valproate)

TickledFeet

Greenlighter
I'm being prescribed this medication and I'm just wondering what exactly this does? Also, can this be used recreationally AT ALL? I've tried searching all over the web if there is recreational use for it, but I am not getting any answers and it seems like this medication is very not known. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 22epivaltableta500mg.jpg
    22epivaltableta500mg.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1
Anti seizure, and on the business side of it, it is often one of the few that work for intractable seizures of various types. Considered a first line.

No, not recreational unless drowsiness and nausea are your thing.

I have taken divalproex sodium / depakote. It increases the concentration and thus availability of GABA in the brain, which decreases glutamate, a major player in seizures. Side effect profile is bleak.. Weight gain, sleeping too much, GI problems and dizziness, clumsiness and confusion.

Were you prescribed it as a mood stabilizer for bipolar depression?

Also there's a reason you can't find any references to recreational use. It's just not that kind of drug.

Absolutely agree with modocmodo. This drug is metabolized by the liver and can cause liver, kidney, and pancreas damage if taken in high doses. No recreational value, please just take it as prescribed (y)

Last edited:
000000000000000 recreational value,and one of the worst medications to be on aswell. xd just horrible.

Then why do people take it in jail/prison?? I dont get mixing it with other stuff then