• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Epilepsy - MDMA - Harm Reduction help please..

AbsintheKittie

Bluelighter
So we have a newly required friend whom has Epilepsy. This fellow is 35 years old, about 140-150 ish lbs and about 5'9" or so... I have already tired to talk him out of doing MDMA and that is just not going to happen. He has partaken more then a few times over the years and sees no good reason to stop even though his Epilepsy is a fairly recent thing.

Since I can not talk him out of it and it seems that he will be rolling with the rest of us coming up soon.. I would love some help with harm reduction here..

What should I be worried about?

Should I see if I can get him to take a smaller does, or does that even factor in at all?

I know I should keep flashing lights to a min. but what about LEDs and Glow sticks ect ?

Would body temp be an issue here at all?
I recall reading many many years ago about people who's body temp spiked too high and it would kick them into a seizure, Will the MDMA increase this issue in this case?

If he was to kick into a seizure, do we call 911 right off the bat?
I am really at a loss on that.. My instinct is to call 911..

Any info you guys have related to this and trying to keep him safe would be of great help.. I tend to be a bit of a "mother hen" even when on substance.. I just want everyone safe, and I am worried about this. Everything I have read and seen says "JUST DON"T DO IT" but it seems that is not the case here.. I've tried at least 10 times to talk him out of it.. shared research that says don't do it ect.. not working.. Best I can do is try and be prepared and reduce the harm that could occur..

Very tough call. Does he have any medication for it? Diazepam or Alprazolam mainly, they may be able to stop the seizures if they start.'

Honestly, though, NO ONE here can give you a safe answer. Even if you went to a neurologist, he's just going to tell you to stop being stupid and just not take the drug. This is not safe, and there isn't anything you can do to make it safe. I implore that you just INSIST he does not do it. Do everything you can to get him to change his mind, if he chooses to do it and ends up in the hospital... well, it won't be on your conscience.

Is he going to an actual rave/show, or is he taking it at home? If it's a rave, there is absolutely NO way this can be recommended by anyone. At home it may be a bit more safe, but still the risk of DEATH is there, so it cannot be encouraged.

Good luck.

I'm not sure on the meds.. but I will ask..

I think I will try and talk him into staying home at least.. but I don't know when it will be yet.. I know it's his choice and a STUPID one IMHO but hey, I'm not his partner or his mother.. just his friend..

MDMA lowers the siezure threshold making it easier for people to have them. combining MDMA and epilepsy is just asking for it. there are many drugs that lower the seizure threshold like tramadol. people who are not prone to siezures can have one from taking too much tram so taking too much MDMA can lead to them too.

all you can do is research and show him what you find...after that its on him.

I have been and will stick to the trying to convince him that it is something he should give up.. Sadly.. People do not always listen till its too late.. That's why I wanted to get as much info as I can so at least if something does happen I / We can react accordingly..

I really don't like it.. not at all.. I even tried having us all say that we just wont do it with him.. that lead to him saying he will just do it on his own and to me that just makes it even more unsafe.. at least if we are there we can help if something goes wrong.. Sigh..

If he does take you should watch over him closely. For the sake of harm reduction I feel it would be beneficial for him to not take it at a club or rave. At least at home or a friends you can get him proper medical aid faster.

llo, i have epilepsy and take trileptal and lamictal. I also take Ativan as needed. I just got a hold of pure MDMA and I was planning on taking it at Smf. It came out straight black with the bunk police marquis test. The people who have taken it who claimed they are very "experienced" users and it only takes .1 for them to roll off of this stuff. I was explaining how my boyfriend takes .5 of the Molly he gets, which we tested to be 2c-b and methylone. They told me if he took .5 or even .3 of this he would end up in the hospital or die. I have rolled 3 times before off of this cheap Molly we had and was fine, but last time it did cause me to seize and end up in the hospital. My question is if taking .3 of 2c-b and methylone made me seize last time, will taking this pure MDMA be a bad experience? Even if I just took .075?