• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

ephenidine freebase conversion to salt

ecstacylover

Bluelighter
I have ephenidine, I'm assuming it's the freebase because no matter what I do with PG/water/mixtures/heat it simply will not dissolve.

If I converted it to a salt I'm assuming it would be water-soulble, I'm assuming this is relatively easy and safe to do in my kitchen.

From what I've read so far it involves an acid-base conversion, but obviously I'm a layman when it comes to chemistry.

Could someone point me to an analagous procedure for a similar substance so I can try to do this?

Thanks in advance!

It IS soluble, just not much. It's supplied as the hydrochloride which has VERY low solubility and not the sulfate which is 7-8x more potent.

Do you think it would be possible to convert HCl to sulfate by dissolving in, say, 0.1N sulfuric, adjusting pH, then evaporating?

Also, sulfate, or hydrogensulfate salt?

yeah, it's somewhat soluble but nowhere no where what i need. I'd like to get 50mg/ml, but I guess this is a pipe dream. Considering I can barely get 15mg dissolved in 2.5 mL water.

Do you think it would be possible to convert HCl to sulfate by dissolving in, say, 0.1N sulfuric, adjusting pH, then evaporating?

Also, sulfate, or hydrogensulfate salt?

Interested in this. So if I convert to sulfate, then 15 mg sulfate dissolved in 2.5 mL water would be equivalent to 105-120mg of the HCl salt dissolved in 2.5 mL. If this this is even possible.

Sorry if I come off as an idiot, this isn't my area of expertise, just looking for answers.

Interested in this. So if I convert to sulfate, then 15 mg sulfate dissolved in 2.5 mL water would be equivalent to 105-120mg of the HCl salt dissolved in 2.5 mL. If this this is even possible.

No, I'm sure that's not what was meant, the sulfate salt is simply much more soluble. On a weight basis the sulfate should be LESS potent [M(SO4(2-))=98g/mol, M(Cl-)=35,5g/mol].

I knoq that Russian-made speed is often the phosphate. Similar solubility to the sulfate but less hassle to make.