• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Enlightenment

One thing Yogis teach is that to reach a transcendent spiritual consciousness you need to work through all the darkness in your unconscience first. This is a hard task but seems like it would be worth it.

I'm going through Kundalini awakening. I mentioned it this time last year, but it has really begun for me now. I do Kriyas (compulsive yoga postures) all the time. I glide up in a bridge, really fluidly, almost like a snake. It feels wonderful and I can feel the ego-energies leaving my body.

I've been doing quite a few things. Mostly yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises. I guess celibacy also helos. But it can almost feel like a full body orgams with all this energy going through your body. It's just not centered on the genitals but involves all of you.

Celibacy :p

But yes. I do find orgasm leaches something from me. I usually feel like a lifeless meat-puppet afterwards. :\

B_D said:
Yes, it's both a blessing and a curse at the same time. It's great to see the world for what it is, but it's also hard to deal with the realization of how fucked up some things are, and especially how most people fail to see the same things (which would almost be enough to fix them!).

Your last statement is very true. A huge part of the problem we have is that people don't see a problem.

I think consciousness can certainly lead one to an increase in pain and discontent but I also think consciousness is the only theatre through which you can view/experience true relief/peace/surcease. And I think we can experienced such things through effort. This is why I value Buddhism because it doesn't clutter and stultify my mind with dogma (well, it does to an extent but less so than other belief systems). It is practical. The problems of existence are not solvable through cognition but it does seem they become tolerable through acceptance.

LOL. I reckon I could start a cult, too.

But I can feel I have more authority, or more power at my disposal. When I had the police at my door to hand me my conviction notice they just kind of submitted like they had done something wrong because I was so tired of their crap. I'm feeling quite powerful, Willow. :)

Hell, sign me up, I need some leadership :D Tell me what to do.

I think you could use some heart, crown center, and third eye development. You seem very centered in the mind/sense of power.

Cv3IZi4XEAASZ0C.jpg

I think you could use some heart, crown center, and third eye development. You seem very centered in the mind/sense of power.

Hmm. I don't know about that. Just because I question things does not mean I am an ego maniac. I've been where you are and moved on. I didn't find what I sought. We are all different and our paths are our own. I hope you've found yours...:)

I didn't mean you were an ego-maniac. But when your higher energy centres open up you start to feel for yourself the truth about spiritual things and don't need to waste your energy arguing over them.

If you've gone from being a seeker to spending most of your time arguing for the atheist viewpoint, I don't know if that's an improvement. I guess I don't really understand your choice, that you'd rather spend your time like that. I've been through some amazing transformations and experiences in my spiritual work, but I guess it's not the same for everyone.

Wanting evidence for one's beliefs as opposed to believing what comforts you is one of the highest states a human can achieve.

Yes, but what constitues evidence for you? What you can perceive with your own expanded senses or what academia or popular culture has given their approval to? Mystics just look for a different kind of evidence.

I used to be an atheist but I didn't experience it as a higher state. To me, being a materialist is just being shut off to any other dimension of life, when you don't have to be.

(Belated) Happy Diwali :)

My new colleague at work, a lovely gentle fellow from India who started with me about a month ago, bought in some rather interesting spicy sweet foods today and was in a really happy and relaxed mood for the first time since he began working here. He wished me (with a smile) Happy Diwali as soon as I came in. I certainly don't begrudge the parts of religion that actually bring happiness to people.

Ninae said:
If you've gone from being a seeker to spending most of your time arguing for the atheist viewpoint, I don't know if that's an improvement. I guess I don't really understand your choice, that you'd rather spend your time like that. I've been through some amazing transformations and experiences in my spiritual work, but I guess it's not the same for everyone.

How am I not a "seeker" though? And I think you have revealed a very common assumption and bias found amongst the more theistic folks, and that is assuming that for some reason people with an "atheistic viewpoint" are closed off and no longer seeking answers to reality. I know that you probably didn't intend it to be taken that literally, but it is something I find common in the dismissals I get when I state my opinion and I don't think I'm alone.

I don't know if its an improvement either, but I've certainly been able to appreciate the world in much deeper ways since I began questioning my assumptions. Some of the comforts I derived from them have gone too, but I also now realise that cold comfort is pretty much worthless. You could say that this has been something of a journey to a type of minor enlightenment, if you wanted. :)

Yes, but what constitues evidence for you? What you can perceive with your own expanded senses or what academia or popular culture has given their approval to? Mystics just look for a different kind of evidence.

Its certainly not the latter. I don't even know what popular culture has approved but I don't really think its rational thinking. It is not unusual to be condemned pretty openly for being sceptical.

Evidence is not as important as the truth that evidence is imparting, and one of the many types of 'truth' that I personally value is something which is immutable and factual for all parties who examine it. It is something which doesn't change according to preferences or biases or desires, and is reproducible for all people. As with my brief excerpt from my working day, I also value the truths that individuals take part in which give their lives meaning. I just happen to not derive meaning from the same things, though my life is no less full of truth AND meaning.

It is perhaps more painful than I would like though, at times. :(

Not so bad of late though. :\

Last edited:
Nice post swilow.

swilly said:
[Evidence] is something which doesn't change according to preferences or biases or desires, and is reproducible for all people.

That's actually a pretty interesting way to put it, and seems like it may be the same for me.

Well, I'm busy shedding layers of ego.

I now understand what Adyashanti meant when he said you need to work through layers and layers of ego. I can physically feel the ego energies exit my body when I do spontaneous yoga asanas. It feels both good and painful at the same time.

Willow, I think you should be more like Adyashanti. :)

And I already have the same hairstyle.

LOL. Didn't think you'd mind Adyashanti, actually. He's a pretty cool Zen master. He's sooo mellow.