• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Enjoyable amount of Ambien?

Isneezealot

Greenlighter
What's a good enjoyable dose of Ambien for someone with moderate ambien tolerance and no more benzo tolerance?

I've heard some people can experience moodlift/ slight euphoria. Also is just swallowing with water the most effective/preferred route?

It hasn't been working for my sleep when I took as directed, so I'm going to try and get Sonata. Want to might as well try to get some use out of these.

Thanks for any advice!

Basic dosing questions belong in BDD.

I would honestly try to get a hypnotic sleep aid outside of the Z-drugs but that's just me.

Basic dosing questions belong in BDD.

I would honestly try to get a hypnotic sleep aid outside of the Z-drugs but that's just me.

My apologies, thank you for moving it.

What is the difference between Ambien and a 'hypnotic' sleep aid? Also, any suggestions so that I could Google it and check it out?

20mg seems to be the standard dose for most people...
30mg or more usually causes complete amnesia
I used to be able to snort just 10mg and have a very enjoyable trip for a few hours - and this was back when my clonazepam tolerance was massive

Swallowing with water works perfectly fine.
Snorting seems to make it a little bit stronger, and it starts to kick in within a minute or two

20mg seems to be the standard dose for most people...
30mg or more usually causes complete amnesia
I used to be able to snort just 10mg and have a very enjoyable trip for a few hours - and this was back when my clonazepam tolerance was massive

Swallowing with water works perfectly fine.
Snorting seems to make it a little bit stronger, and it starts to kick in within a minute or two

The other night I think I took a total of 30mg and didnt feel too much, that I'm aware of. I snorted 10mg of that.

Is snorting better or is swallowing good?

Snorting seems to be just a little bit better - but swallowing works just fine. Its up to you really

Ambien is one of those drugs where some people find it to be amazing, and other people find that it doesnt do anything at all

Snorting seems to be just a little bit better - but swallowing works just fine. Its up to you really

Ambien is one of those drugs where some people find it to be amazing, and other people find that it doesnt do anything at all

That's what I've heard - that's unfortunate if I'm one of those people that don't feel shit.

I could use a nice hour of relaxation lately. Wish I could get my hands on some klonopin lol mm.

If 30mg did nothing to you (It never really did for me either) than try 50-60mg. If that doesn't work give it up. I don't know anything about snorting Ambien. I never have but the oral BA is already 70% so I see no real reason to. So give that dose a try and good luck.

The best time i ever had on Ambien ..was taking 50 to 60 mg with water ..then letting them kick in wich only took about 30 minutes. After that smoking some mid grade weed.The weed complemented the Ambien Nicely ...made the Ambien have a smooth LSD effect without all the bad effects that come with lsd. I was able to hang with friends, be talkative as well ..all the time having the visuals of lsd ..including trails and strange wavy things way off in the distance. To sum it up in a nutshell, it was like doing lsd while on a heavy dose of xanax. ..if that helps. People who have done this know what i am talking about. Ambien in high doses by itself will keep you awake with nice visuals and hallucinations ..all the time being very relaxed. Sorry for rambling on, and on..!! LOL ...Rx

I know what your talking about...I happened to run across a couple taping a sex scene in the park during a 70mg Ambien + weed trip and we all just sat down and watched. They were all kind of laughing while watching while I just watched some awesome visuals swirling around the sky feeling nice and relaxed. After the scene we all clapped and when standing back up I felt massively tall and colorful. I messed up and asked if they knew where I could find any Ketamine. Everybody kind of just looked at me. Felt weird.

I'd suggest just eating them, snorting doesn't increase the effects much. Then smoke some weed.
but definitely above 20mg. some people are just not affected by ambien in a trippy sense, where as others are affected by it even in smaller doses. For me it does none of the above, no trippyness, no hypnotics-ness, just nothing.

If you tried 30mg and didn't get what you were looking for I'd just be careful with going higher and higher. If 30 is doing nothing, maybe go up some more but it may be just that ambien doesn't affect you in the way you are seeking. It'd be not really worthwhile if you had to do above 50mg every time just to get some relaxation in the benzo-type sense.

What I mean is that it'd be easier to just take a klonopin or xanax, rather than eating 5-8 ambien

I just got ahold of Sonata because Ambien wasn't working for me. Just snorted 20g my first time, it's not bad.
I never felt much off the Ambien though. I'd much rather get a scrip for klonopin, like 60 2mg pills a both is wat I used to get. but it'll be hard starting from scratch with a new doc.

Haha, my first time snorted around 45- 50 ir ambien. Made me loveeee it. I also took around 60 mg of adderall and wasent tierd one bit.

You want a bad-ass hypnotic sleep aid? Get some temazepam (Restoril). It's weak as fuck but get the dose right and it is THE SHIT. Just don't take it with barbiturates in your system or you might have a massive blackout and wake up in the ER hooked up to heart monitors and IVs and catheterized. FUCK THAT.

some people experiencs hallucinations... i(ve never gone that far... )

or you hear storys about people who took zolpidem, then unconcioussly gettin behind he weel... and endin up in hospital or dead

I took 4 once and i don't get any feelings/?

Idk, i never really felt much just swallowing ambien. But when snorting it i feel like a fluffy cloudd, oh and make sure you get the regular ambien if your gonna swallow them if you get the 12.5 CR and don't snort it youll get nothing but tierd.

You want a bad-ass hypnotic sleep aid? Get some temazepam (Restoril). It's weak as fuck but get the dose right and it is THE SHIT. Just don't take it with barbiturates in your system or you might have a massive blackout and wake up in the ER hooked up to heart monitors and IVs and catheterized. FUCK THAT.

Temazepam and Triazolam are probably the most potent hypnotic sleep aids that you'll get access from a doctor these days. Taking benzodiazepines with any other CNS depressant risk OD, not just barbiturates.

whats worse... getting to sleep, or waking up during the night.... coz its not meant
for thd prior, all hypnotics are like that, hey knock u out but don't necessarilly keep u asleep (eg temazepam)

if you're waking up during the night, flurrazepam or high dose valium shoud help(dalman/flurazepam) lass vey verry long.. you'll probably exerience drowsness the next dayflurazepam has a long ass BA...i've never tried it,... but if you have trouble stayin asleep, i think thats the best choice!,,, with diazepam which also lasts a long time, that light workould be working.

If you're havig trouble tryng to sleep, get a hypnotic benzo (lormrtzepam, loprazolam.. etc)

Last edited:
yeah, temazepam, or maybe try a CR version [i know Ambien has them] to help get to sleep.
(the CR version would also help you stay asleep)

but if you wake up frequently then you want something that is short half life.
So if you had to redose it wouldn't leave you fucked for 8 hours everytime you dosed. You could take one dose b4 going to sleep then keep a half dose ready for if you wake up and can't fall asleep again, but it has to be a fast acting / short half life type, like triazolam or others.

Where as something like Nitrazepam has a wayyy to long half life.

If 30mg did nothing to you (It never really did for me either) than try 50-60mg. If that doesn't work give it up. I don't know anything about snorting Ambien. I never have but the oral BA is already 70% so I see no real reason to. So give that dose a try and good luck.

if you have to go past 30mg, then ambien isn't going to work for you.
For users senstivite to zolpidem's hallucinogenic effects, then desirable effects are achieved with as low as 20mg and even 10mg.

I really feel sorry for you people who can't trip off ambien =(
its actually one of my favorites! Its like sedative 2C-B or something

When I used to use ambien a lot, I could snort 10mg and easily get your standard psychedelic visual effects - in particular I recall the pattern on my ceiling stretching down to me and dripping on me.
Also, being able to literally see my train of thought manifest into strange aether-like streams around me

Last edited: