• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Enjoy downer withdrawal

kolinsky

Greenlighter
So I started a valium and xanax habit to rid myself of stimulant cravings, due to the physical and psychotic havoc stims cause that downers dont. I had been taking 10-20 mg of valium a day with the occasional 2 mg of xanax for a month. When I stopped cold turkey, I felt stimulated, didn't sleep as much, and felt angry: the feelings I dig about stims. The only negative symptom was snowy vision and the shakes. Do any other fellas here dig what usually is a negative experience?

Wow you are lucky to not have crazy anxiety, psychosis, depression, nerve pain, headaches, pins and needles, burning skin, detached limbs, cog fog, insomnia etc. etc. Lol. No man I am going through withdrawals from high dosage benzos usage and going through hell. The worst is kver tho.

Did this visual snow go away for you? It is making me insane...

Do any other fellas here dig what usually is a negative experience?
While I never had to endure benzo wd, and I typically do not enjoy opiate wd, I do enjoy the emotional state that comes with wd, like all your emotions you've been supressing for however long, come rushing back, making you feel human again. Other than being stoned, this is one of the best times to listen to music, lol you find yourslf crying over every song your here, or every movie you watch.. So I guess I can kinda see where you're coming from..

- Hopeless Soul

Last edited:
You're very lucky you didn't have a seizure.

Feeling angry is really one of the things you like about stimulants?

You're very lucky you didn't have a seizure.

Feeling angry is really one of the things you like about stimulants?
Well 10-20mg/day of valuim is a rather small dose, while not out of the realm of possibility, it's somewhat out of the sezuire range..

- Hopeless Soul

The visual snow went away after two weeks. At first I thought I had a stroke in my sleep or something that would make that shit never go away.

The only negative symptom was snowy vision and the shakes.

You had these symptoms from discontinuing after a month of benzo usage? Be careful because next time you may not have such a good experience. I cannot tell you how many times I went through opiate withdrawals, but with benzos I thought I was going to die. I was so sick and that was only the acute phase.

While I never had to endure benzo wd, and I typically do not enjoy opiate wd, I do enjoy the emotional state that comes with wd, like all your emotions you've been supressing for however long, come rushing back, making you feel human again. Other than being stoned, this is one of the best times to listen to music, lol you find yourslf crying over every song your here, or every movie you watch.. So I guess I can kinda see where you're coming from..

- Hopeless Soul
Have you ever experienced an intense feeling of terror during opiate WD? I have also experienced terrible psychosis during cold turkey WD from large doses of opis.

Wow you are lucky to not have crazy anxiety, psychosis, depression, nerve pain, headaches, pins and needles, burning skin, detached limbs, cog fog, insomnia etc. etc. Lol. No man I am going through withdrawals from high dosage benzos usage and going through hell. The worst is kver tho.

What was your daily dosage and for how long? I am on week 2 of an opiate withdrawl. Next is the benzos which will be a slow slow taper.

Benzo withdrawal was the absolute worst experience ive ever been thru in my life. I use to be a heavy benzo user, used everyday for a year, or 2 years basically (alprazolam, temazepam, clonzapam, lorazepam, diazepam) any benzo. And when I stopped basically cold turkey, I didnt taper but my use slowed down.

I at that point was only using 2-3MG of xanax like 2-3 times a month but when I stopped it was hell on earth

no exaggeration. Vomiting, phychosis, numb fingers hands and lips, insomnia, EXTREME anxiety (similar to bad LSD trip) panic attacks, goosebumps, sweating, disgustingly bad nausea, hot&cold flashes, flu-ish feeling, cravings, felt like I was dying literally, buzzing feeling in body, felt very very off and night right almost like I had mental problems like I was retarded (best word to use to describe)

had a seizure and felt like I couldve had more for 2 weeks, auditory and visual hallicuinations, felt like I had to re-teach myself things and act 'normal' again. It felt very weird trying to smoke a cigarette it didnt feel right in any position in my hand, also felt like it was difficult to light, derealization and lots of other shit not worth benzos.

I dont do them anymore, that experiece scared me striaght, even though I want to use again its just not worth it, I took a bar about 2 months ago and most of those above symptoms came back for 2-3 days.

Now, I am completely done with them atleast for acouple years or longer. Im around xanax and klonopin everyday and its so hard, I think about them all the time still.

Ive been using opiates for 5 years, past 2 have been mostly heroin (snorting-smoking) and occainally painers. But point is, ive been thru hellish opiate withdrawal and still use, WDing rn from heroin and its basically pleasurable compared to benzo withdrawal lol, I bought abunch of tramadol for the WD and dont even need them just been eating 3-4 and getting fucked up.

Ill be an opiate user for life.
But fuck benzos. Never again.

Last edited: