#endoverdose on International Overdose Awareness Day

TimeToAct.jpg

Today is a reminder to - as always - look after yourselves and your friends. Time to remember those we have lost, without stigma or shame. And time to campaign to reform our drug laws, as well as make harm reduction interventions (like drug checking and naloxone) more accessible. Check out https://www.overdoseday.com/ for the full campaign!

for sure doing too much of any of the substances is the main thing to be aware of. It's where all the bad things start and go on.

We need new institutions that teach about the actual effects of every drug and tells you how to dose it, if you ever get your hands on it. We need to reform most of the worlds drug laws.
There should be a safe space to test out drugs
Without being frowned at. Ofc I'm not saying everyone should take for example heroin or crystal meth etc but I am saying that especially for experiencing hallucinogens a space made exactly for that, at best with trained personell to guide you would be really logical. Nobody can wander off anywhere and for example: fall down a flight of stairs or get it by a car or a more extreme case get mugged stabbed/shot and left for dead because you didn't realize you were being mugged because you were seeing absolutely nothing normal.
That would make it available without having it fully legalized.
So people wouldn't buy the shit you get from any random in the city but get really clean stuff. That way overdosing would also go down immensely because 90% of future consumption would be medically supervised.
That would be faaaaaar better than now. Also the state could make money like crazy from that. That's just a win-win situation.
That would at least weaken the black market very significantly.

We need new institutions that teach about the actual effects of every drug and tells you how to dose it, if you ever get your hands on it. We need to reform most of the worlds drug laws.
Without being frowned at. Ofc I'm not saying everyone should take for example heroin or crystal meth etc but I am saying that especially for experiencing hallucinogens a space made exactly for that, at best with trained personell to guide you would be really logical. Nobody can wander off anywhere and for example: fall down a flight of stairs or get it by a car or a more extreme case get mugged stabbed/shot and left for dead because you didn't realize you were being mugged because you were seeing absolutely nothing normal.
So people wouldn't buy the shit you get from any random in the city but get really clean stuff. That way overdosing would also go down immensely because 90% of future consumption would be medically supervised.
That would be faaaaaar better than now. Also the state could make money like crazy from that. That's just a win-win situation.
I agree with your assessment 100%. This is an important idea that needs more mainstream recognition, it is up to us to get it there.

That can take a lot of money scot land is getting thare thare are oases for ppl to take h and other iv drugs I don't partake in iv just script opiods but having some ware that any one can assess is great but it seems mos ppl who don't take drugs hate theas places thay are over run under staffed and the treatment centers are the same so it's just replacement drug therapies until its your turn

TimeToAct.jpg

Today is a reminder to - as always - look after yourselves and your friends. Time to remember those we have lost, without stigma or shame. And time to campaign to reform our drug laws, as well as make harm reduction interventions (like drug checking and naloxone) more accessible. Check out https://www.overdoseday.com/ for the full campaign!

Why is it still an accidental overdose when someone else administered the shot? How is he accidentally overdosing? Didn't she murder my guy? But because she is an "informant" and he isn't the first they just tossed my dude out like trash and called him just another addict. He was a person. and a great person. He was sick. She is the one who shot him up. Why is she able to do it? This isn't the first time she has done this, or coincidentally, been there when the cops showed up. I am on the outside as one of the little dumbasses sings, thinking it's funny or something. I am so confused about all this. Any tips?

Why is it still an accidental overdose when someone else administered the shot? How is he accidentally overdosing? Didn't she murder my guy? But because she is an "informant" and he isn't the first they just tossed my dude out like trash and called him just another addict. He was a person. and a great person. He was sick. She is the one who shot him up. Why is she able to do it? This isn't the first time she has done this, or coincidentally, been there when the cops showed up. I am on the outside as one of the little dumbasses sings, thinking it's funny or something. I am so confused about all this. Any tips?
Who are you referring to?

TimeToAct.jpg

Embracing the goodness of supporting friends and caring for each other is key. Let's celebrate the memory of those we've lost without passing judgment and actively prioritize advocating for reforms in drug laws. It is Time to Act indeed