• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ending heavy tramadol / kratom use

Of all the drugs I've came across in my life and developed addictions to, Tramadol HAS to be the absolute worst. The withdrawl is absolute hell and the risks with taking Tramadol, especially at higher doses are not nice. I suffered a huge seizure (out for 5 - 10 minutes) woke up surrounded by my family (whom I didn't recognise) in a state of total confusion and pain.

So please, just be careful with it dude I know how hard it is to kick, even with an iron will it's an absolute cunt to kick.

Stay safe dude.

Thanks mysafehome - I had a seizure a while back which is what switched the docs onto my overuse. Bit my toungue so bad it hurt like fuck for several weeks! Didn't know who my wife was. Memory returns with paramedics doing obs on me. Felt like a proper idiot. Started tapering the Tramadol right away and that's when I got back into Kratom. Now I've stopped the Kratom and have three 50mg Tram caps left for nighttime - one at a time. They'll be gone by tomorrow. Getting some black cumin seed oil tomorrow which I'd never heard of until HeadHigh mentioned it. Placing a shitload of hope in its effectiveness. I can deal with wd in the day, but the insomnia and rls at nighttime drives me quietly mental! I'll report back on how well it works.

Thanks again

We are either very alike or we all suffer the same but your experiences are exactly the same. Grand-Mal seizures are no fun at all.

I am currently in exactly the same situation as to switching from Tramadol to Kratom, although now I've added Codeine, Dihydrocodeine and Etizest. Not my smartest move but hey ho.

I would be greatly interested in how well the cumin seed oil works and will look here for your response.

Cheers.

let me be the first to tell you that although the actual drug tramadol is puny compared to other opioids, the withdrawal is not. i am almost 17 days clear of a 2 year, 800mg a day tramadol habit and can tell you without a doubt it's been the worst experience of my life, or best depending on how you look at it. the only thing i can think of that comes to close to this experience physically was a benzo withdrawal i went through 5 years ago. my daughter's birthday was on the 20th of october and my main gift to her this year was to get clean off tramadol. this approach seems to have done the trick on the psychological level, which is where the real battle occurs with this drug. as for the physical part, the worst is over in 3-4 days(depending on length of use and tolerance) but will linger for about another week. you will find yourself sleeping more and more once you get past the first week, which in turn compounds your recovery because while you're sleeping, time is passing. at this point in my life and after everything i've been through, my approach to withdrawal is this..........i put myself in this situation, over-indulged, and in some twisted way i feel like i deserve this pain. my home remedies included several hot baths/showers, netflix, yoga, and aleve for the headaches. now i will admit to the occasional use of ER adderall to combat the fatigue when i needed to get up and moving around. good luck

Formidable, you are so right. A truly weak yet evil opioid. I'm glad you're clean from it, the mental battle is by far the hardest and the nightly RLS wake ups.

Thanks for sharing Formidable. Congratulations on getting the monkey off your back. Good info. I'll be posting about BCSO on Tuesday morning after trying overnight tomorrow.

Tramdol IS a bitch to withdraw from - I believe due to the SNRI properties.

I've come off way harder opiates using gabapentin and loperamide with minimal discomfort - including a 300mg a day OC habit back when Oxycontins were rail-able.

I tried doing the same coming off a 2 year 300mg tramadol (plus ~50-60 mg of oxycodone and 25-30 grams of good thai kratom per day) habit recently - while the opiod symptoms were gone/minimal due to the gabapentin and loperamide, I had HORRIBLE SNRI withdrawal - brain zaps, super depression, mood swings, ugh. It sucked.

SO, I tried adding a low dose SSRI (25 mg of zoloft) to the loperamide and gabapentin to help with the SNRI symptoms - stabilized my mood, but made my restless legs WAY worse, to the point that I absolutely couldn't sleep.

After a few days of this, I was a total zombie and couldn't function - so I went back on the trams in the morning. I'm trying to taper them down now, but it's a bitch - they are definitely more complicated to get off of then plain, traditional opiates. They don't pack the crippling-puking-pants shitting withdrawal power of oxy or dope, but the problem is none of the withdrawal remedies that work for regular opiods cover the wide spectrum of tramadol withdrawal.

Tramdol IS a bitch to withdraw from - I believe due to the SNRI properties.

I've come off way harder opiates using gabapentin and loperamide with minimal discomfort - including a 300mg a day OC habit back when Oxycontins were rail-able.

I tried doing the same coming off a 2 year 300mg tramadol (plus ~50-60 mg of oxycodone and 25-30 grams of good thai kratom per day) habit recently - while the opiod symptoms were gone/minimal due to the gabapentin and loperamide, I had HORRIBLE SNRI withdrawal - brain zaps, super depression, mood swings, ugh. It sucked.

SO, I tried adding a low dose SSRI (25 mg of zoloft) to the loperamide and gabapentin to help with the SNRI symptoms - stabilized my mood, but made my restless legs WAY worse, to the point that I absolutely couldn't sleep.

After a few days of this, I was a total zombie and couldn't function - so I went back on the trams in the morning. I'm trying to taper them down now, but it's a bitch - they are definitely more complicated to get off of then plain, traditional opiates. They don't pack the crippling-puking-pants shitting withdrawal power of oxy or dope, but the problem is none of the withdrawal remedies that work for regular opiods cover the wide spectrum of tramadol withdrawal.

Trams affect so many things at once it's like withdrawing from 100 drugs at once. Nasty.

Hi all. Just thought I'd post a quick update for those who love a good withdrawal. There's the cynicism - normally one of my early symptoms. That and clumsiness - dropped my mouse just now, accidentally slammed a door cos of a through draft and of course my guts are dropping clumsily all over the place. Next the cynicism and clumsiness combine so that I get cynical ABOUT the clumsiness. It's all psychological now I reckon, just because this is my first day with nothing in at least 6 months. In reality, I'm just teetering on the edge of detox, with the body scraping the barrel of its remaining endorphins trying to keep me going. So apart from the guts, there's no physical onset yet. Keep hoping it won't be as bad as before because I'm coming off Kratom not Tramadol, although going back to tram for the last couple of days might put paid to that. We'll see. Ran out of trams in the night but was enough to get a full sleep. Then the famed black seed oil, upon which so much of this week's sleep and sanity depends, arrives later today. I just want to say this about Kratom: it is a very soft opioid and I used it for many years only once or twice a week, with no addiction, no withdrawal, no side effects - to keep me away from alcohol. That's the way to use it, far as I'm concerned. I don't think it should be criminalized, but it definitely - like all drugs, even caffeine, should be treated with respect. That was a public service announcement from an idiot who can't follow his own advice. There's the cynicism again. Ha. Ok, must get some work done. Ugh.

OK, Black Cumin Seed Oil results. Spent yesterday with rollercoaster mood. Burst into tears three times for no immediate reason! First teaspoon at 6pm. Felt better - attributing that to placebo, because I took second spoon at 10pm, tried to go to sleep and straight away the restless legs, arms, head, chest kicked in. By 12 midnight I was close to tearing my own head off with my bare hands. Well, almost. Anyway, by now I was thinking 'damnshit fuckity grrrr' about the oil - thinking that I was perhaps the only person in the world for whom the shit doesn't work. But then, at about 0030, I just kind of blacked out. Woke up what felt like ten mins later to discover I had slept for three hours. Then for the rest of the night I slept fitfully, but could handle that because - would yer adam 'n' eve it - no head-tearing duvet acrobatics. No somersaults. No contorting myself into positions only ever previously attempted by houdini (and anyone else who's had rls). Yes, ladies and gents, it seems that starting about 6 hours after the first dose, the oil worked. Guessing either or both of the following: 1) It takes time for the lipids to break down into effective compounds; 2) The concentration of these compounds in the body has to pass a threshold before they become effective. I don't feel like I've had a good night's sleep, but I'm far from the zombie I became during my previous detox. So, thanks to HeadHigh - and everyone else who has posted about the benefits of BCSO, I'm actually able to get some work done today. Thank you. I'll now continue on 5ml 3 tines a day - once every eight hours. If anything changes with its effectiveness, I'll update - but I'm really optimistic that this will be my easiest, and last, withdrawal. Woo hoo! Thanks again.

Thank you for posting your results back here. I shall keep this info in mind if I ever (hopefully NEVER) fall down the trap of Tramadol addiction.

I just realized that this thread was still going but I am very glad to hear that the BCSO worked for you, Ace23, as well! It definitely takes some time, and its not a cure-all but it does tend to help.
Nonetheless, my taper was incredibly successful due to BCSO and willpower. I had cut my dosage to 1/10 of what i was taking, and had a few consecutive days where i didnt take any at all. Sadly, the lack of sleep caught up to me, so i have been taking only about 1.5g an hour or so before bed so that i can sleep. But now that exam week is over, i think i may cut this habit completely, since relying on something to get me to sleep every night is not something i enjoy.

I hope you continue your road to a clean living, Ace! Best of luck

I just realized that this thread was still going but I am very glad to hear that the BCSO worked for you, Ace23, as well! It definitely takes some time, and its not a cure-all but it does tend to help.
Nonetheless, my taper was incredibly successful due to BCSO and willpower. I had cut my dosage to 1/10 of what i was taking, and had a few consecutive days where i didnt take any at all. Sadly, the lack of sleep caught up to me, so i have been taking only about 1.5g an hour or so before bed so that i can sleep. But now that exam week is over, i think i may cut this habit completely, since relying on something to get me to sleep every night is not something i enjoy.

I hope you continue your road to a clean living, Ace! Best of luck

What were you taking for sleep dude?

I'm trying to fing a Kratom thread and this one seems to be more withdrawal but question, how long does Kratom stay in your system and what is suggested starting dose? Thanks

I'm trying to fing a Kratom thread and this one seems to be more withdrawal but question, how long does Kratom stay in your system and what is suggested starting dose? Thanks

I suggest starting a new thread and get your answers there. I can help you if you do decide to.

I'm new so how do I start a new thread? Used to be easy years ago but I'm finding nothing is easy on here anymore. Show me and I will cause I type in Kratom in search and weird stuff comes up. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

I used kratom for sleep and the occasional etizolam if i didnt feel like using kratom.

and for a quick answer to closeau, the half life of kratom is somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5 hours depending on your liver's capabilities, and a good starting dosage is between 2.5-3.5 grams to get a feeling for it. I personally preferred dosages between 4 and 6 grams, but i definitely would not advise starting there

Thanks head high. I took 3G and I feel really relaxed. Just took my Kolonopin so I'll be out soon. I appreciate your help a lot and mysafehome01 I started my own thread. It's in homeless section. I don't know how I managed that but it's done if you wanna post and head high thanks for the tips man. Be safe. Peace

Thanks head high. I took 3G and I feel really relaxed. Just took my Kolonopin so I'll be out soon. I appreciate your help a lot and mysafehome01 I started my own thread. It's in homeless section. I don't know how I managed that but it's done if you wanna post and head high thanks for the tips man. Be safe. Peace

I'll find it dude and see if I can help.