• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Eminem reveals depths of drug addiction in new documentary: 'I almost died'

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I just read an article and did a search on him here, and I feel like his use is getting downplayed because people don't know how much he was taking.

He says in the article that he was taking 60 valiums and 30 vicodins every day, in addition to countless ambien. I don't know the doses that he was taking, but the quantity is still shocking. Plus, when he almost died, it sounds like in the article that he'd been popping methadone pills like he was with vicodin, so by the end of the month he just collapsed since it had built up so much in his system.

Here's the article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eminem-on-the-road-back-from-hell-20111017

I never understood why people liked this arrogant douche, but I guess you can't get that famous unless you are an extremely arrogant douche.

I've always been a huge fan. He's not really arrogant; most of his songs are about how low his self esteem is actually. His early albums got me through some depression (though it may have exacerbated it too), and drug use, which it also condoned, in high school for me. I think he helps a lot of people with low self esteem or anxiety issues, just like Ninae pointed out. I can totally see how people who aren't as down on themselves don't like his music, though. Anyway I still occasionally listen to his music, just because his lyrics resonated with me so much.

I agree with the very excessive benzo+APAP/NSAID+opioid use landed him in the ICU