• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Eminem reveals depths of drug addiction in new documentary: 'I almost died'

poledriver

Bluelighter
Eminem reveals depths of drug addiction in new documentary: 'I almost died'

EMINEM reveals just how deep his prescription drug addiction really was in his new documentary and admits he came close to losing his life as a result.

The 40-year-old rapper recounts his brush with death in an interview for How To Make Money Selling Drugs.

He remembers being rushed into hospital in critical condition after a night of binging.

"Xanax, Valium, tomato, tomatoe, it's same thing... F**k it, take it," he told filmmaker Matthew Cooke.

"Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything.

"They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn't think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death."

Eminem, real name Marshall Mathers, says he dismissed friends who told him he had an issue with substance abuse.

The star came clean about his addiction on his 2010 hit album Recovery.

"I don't know at what point exactly it started to be a problem. I just remember liking it more and more," Eminem says in the film.

"People tried to tell me that I had a problem. I would say 'Get that f***king person outta here. I'm not out there shooting heroin. I'm not f***king out there putting coke up my nose. I'm not smoking crack.'"

The rapper admits he relapsed just a month after being released from hospital.

However, he says he found strength in his role as a father to overcome his problems.

"I'm looking at my kids and [realising] 'I need to be here for this.

"Coming off everything, I literally was up 24 hours a day for three weeks straight. And I mean, not sleeping, not even nodding off for a f***king minute.

"I had to regain motor skills, I had to regain talking skills. It's been a learning process. I'm growing. I couldn't believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody 'It does get better.'"

The revealing documentary also includes interviews with Susan Sarandon, Woody Harrelson and Russell Simmons and is released this month.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...17/story-e6frfmqi-1226671385276#ixzz2XUeXTaL3

I love that guy.

No one writes music that I can relate to more in a respect.

Wonder just what mix of drugs he became addicted to, and which made his organs almost fail; i'm assuming it included a benzo and an opiate.

Can't confirm this, but I read somewhere that he would take a pill of "ecstasy" before performances to loosen up. If so, then, notwithstanding his life experiences, its no surprise that he became an addict.

he got taken down by xanax and valium and made a whole cd crying about it

He's obviouly amped up when he's in his Alpha/Superman persona. Almost like an engineered Nazi. While he has his other moments when he looks much more anxious/geeky.

I like him too for many reasons, but he's not the real thing, or a true idol. He was made by drugs. Watch "Slim Shady. How many men are like that? But obviouly made a huge impact on the young male population who instantly began to worship him like a god. They just took it a bit too far to seem realistic.

Music industry = so much illusion.

excuse me

Two cds crying about it

if it werent for that Just Blaze song with Lil Waynes name on it no one would have bought Recovery at all

Or, I meant partially made by drugs. He obviously has his own natural talents but I don't think he could have done it so well without drugs (like most stars). I like him because he has so much balls, is so outspoken, and has immense emotional power - even if it's with a little help from his friends.

Listening to his songs make you feel a bit like a speed-buzz (i.e. very masculine). I think he was especially made as an idol for weak/nerdy guys to feel powerful and cool when they identify with him. Though I'm sure he (or his public persona) has had a very destructive effect on many by gloryfying all kinds of crazy shit.

He knows this well, too, (i.e. "Stan"), and unlike his crazy public persona is obviously very sane. He's a good guy who seems to feel a lot of guilt about the negative impact he's had and tries to limit it in different ways. Like explain he would never had gotten anywhere in the music industry if he was really like that, or give kids a wake-up call.

He would mainly pop lots of xanax and tons of norco's or endo's and with the money he has he prolly had thousands of them, im assuming the APAP from the norco and percocet abuse cause his organs to shut down, cause i know xanax or valiums wont do that im pretty sure, and im sure he was drinking and poping x pills too so yeah if thats the case i can understand.

Grenier on drug documentary, 'Entourage' encore

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Though his party boy character Vincent Chase on all eight seasons of "Entourage" savored life in the limelight, Adrian Grenier says he's quite content to be on the other side of the camera.

"I'm perfectly fine behind the scenes," said Grenier, who was on "Entourage" from 2004-2011. "Films don't get made without producers. So you know I feel OK (producing). I don't need the attention or the accolades."

Grenier teamed with director Matthew Cooke to produce the documentary "How to Make Money Selling Drugs," which paints a bleak picture of the war against drugs.

Celebrities including Woody Harrelson, Eminem, 50 Cent, Susan Sarandon, and surprisingly candid former drug dealers participated in the film, now playing in select theaters and on Video on Demand.

In a recent interview, the 36-year-old actor discussed the documentary, the upcoming "Entourage" movie and his latest music project:

AP: What are your thoughts on America's anti-drug efforts?

Adrian Grenier: I'm really more optimistic. I see so much hope and a lot of people are starting to recognize that the war on drugs isn't working.

It is a waste of money and we could divert those resources into so many more productive things. ... So the thing that's frustrating to me is that it's taken so long. Forty years of the same mistake.

AP: In your documentary, 50 Cent talks about being a dealer when he was 12. How did you feel about that?

Grenier: 50 Cent was very generous to participate, and I think it just goes to show you he was unafraid to speak and communicate.

So I think he should be an example for having that honest conversation. He's been there so he recognizes how problematic the drug trade can be when it's criminalized and when it becomes a black market.

AP: Are you tired of being hounded by fans about the "Entourage" film?

Grenier: Persistence is a great way to get something done. I know that from filmmaking.

You just keep at it, relentless pursuit. So I don't blame 'Entourage' fans. In fact, I commend them for their relentless demand of the 'Entourage' movie.

AP: So what can you tell us about the movie?

Grenier: Let's go through the facts: There's a script and I think it's good. I hear it's good. I haven't read it. ... Everybody's onboard.

Everybody wants to make the movie. It's been green-lit, which means there is a budget allocated and I think the fifth fact is it's only a matter of time.

AP: What are you hoping to see in Vince's next chapter?

Grenier: I really want to go back to the early days of 'Entourage.' A lot of fun and a lot of antics. Maybe some irresponsible behavior.

AP: Early days? Wasn't that every day?

Grenier: Oh right. Yeah, I guess so. Let's just do it again.

AP: So when you're not making films, are you discovering new talent through your home studio and music project, wreckroom.tv?

Grenier: I built the studio in my basement, a beautiful studio. I was really proud of it. But I just couldn't ever use it enough because I'm a little busy.

And I decided to give it up to the community. ... We bring bands in and give them an opportunity to record in a professional studio and make a video and we put it out online.

So we are a support system, an incubator for independent bands to help them get noticed.

AP: When will we hear new music from you?

Grenier: I need to get back in (the studio). It's funny, too. Now that I've started Wreckroom, I can't even book my own studio. I have to get on the list.

http://thegardenisland.com/news/nat...cle_76e479fc-c2ba-511c-8959-5e20ce90cc8e.html

Eh...I like Eminem a lot but he really annoys me when he starts going on about his drug issues. Ie. he'll be all uptight and prickish about certain things -

"People tried to tell me that I had a problem. I would say 'Get that f***king person outta here. I'm not out there shooting heroin. I'm not f***king out there putting coke up my nose. I'm not smoking crack.'"

and then act as if he's been through the most intense experience imaginable:

"I had to regain motor skills, I had to regain talking skills. It's been a learning process. I'm growing. I couldn't believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody 'It does get better.'"

He takes himself way too seriously when it comes to his drug use :|

he got taken down by xanax and valium and made a whole cd crying about it

Basically :D

Aw, I mean I think he did a lot of ecstasy and acid too...

"I'm at rave
Looking like a slave
High off chronic
Gin and tonic demonic
Body smelt like vomit
Pussy poppin', acid-dropping, dope heavy guy
Heroine mescaline pencilnecks, wanna try
Blue pills, golden seals"

From his song "Purple pills".

This just in:

Musicians have drug problems that don't get resolved until their late 40's when they no longer have anything to write about.

Then quit drugs and write about it.

Sell album. Profit!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

"Nobody gives a shit that you're kids don't have bruises."

I like his music, not my favorite rapper though. Recovery is horrible though. Relapse has a few good songs, my darling, my mom, insane,etc. But i agree with everyone else, he uses a bit his so called drug addiction to make him look differently. Its nothing crazy to have organ failure from drugs, anybody who has a full bottle of tylenol or advil can do it as easily. If im not mistaken according to him he was addicted to diazepam,hydrocodone and ambien. Its harsh, but nothing compared to people who eat 20 mgs of zanax a day, shoot dope and smoke crack on top of it. Also he would say like its all crazy he would eat 20 pills a day. Well lets say he takes 80 mgs of diazepam a day (equivalent to 4 mg of alpraz), thats 8 pills right there. Let say you add 10 10/325 norcos, that 18 pills. Plus 2 Ambiens for sleep. Really not that much for someone with a tolerance.

I hate to be the dicksizing drug addict doing the whole "YOUR addiction aint as bad as MY addiction" bullshit.

But it always pisses me off when celebrities talk about their "deepest darkest depths of their drug addictions" and they were like casually popping vicodins or some shit. And yea, that shit will kill you--from the fucking APAP. 8( IDK yo, I may just be a fuckin asshole and I prolly am, Actually Im sure of it. I just....I dont know....Yea, you can get physically dependent on any opioid, I guess, but like, its like hearing somebody talk about the tragic depths of their codeine pill addiction or some shit.

Because thats the thing, hes talkin about it like he was just soooo fucking hardcore and out of control. It aint like oh, i had some issues. its, I had THIS HORRIBLE SUPERDUPER EXTREME DRUG ADDICTION to a extremely weak drug that other than taking higher doses, I used in the prescribed manner. He wasnt shooting dope, or fuck, even sniffing oxys, hes poppin vicodin, I mean, damn dude. Addiction is different for everyone but its just annoying to me, whether or not I am stupid for feeling that way, its just how I feel. As a long term high-dose large-habit dopeshooter it annoys me, it just does, and I probably have no right to feel that way but hey its fuckin america so (fuuuuuuuck you!)

The benzos, thats another thing entirely. yea, theres some major withdrawal problems there. But Iunno....just the whole "i popped lots of pills and drank a lot and smoked weed" thing hardly qualifies to me as on the same level as a severe, long term, intense IV addiction to heroin or coke or meth or whatever. But, thats just my "junkie pride" I guess. Some shit to be proud about there, right 8(

i agree with lacey
I've heard people whining about vicodin "WD"
I just got clean after a few months shooting heroin everyday or at least 5 days a week
and the extent of the WD i felt was just being freezing cold 24/7 for a week and not wanting to eat
i didnt even recognize it as WD till after when it was gone
and i was doing enough heroin that i wouldnt shoot less than 5 bags in one shot

I hate to be the dicksizing drug addict doing the whole "YOUR addiction aint as bad as MY addiction" bullshit.

But it always pisses me off when celebrities talk about their "deepest darkest depths of their drug addictions" and they were like casually popping vicodins or some shit. And yea, that shit will kill you--from the fucking APAP. 8( IDK yo, I may just be a fuckin asshole and I prolly am, Actually Im sure of it. I just....I dont know....Yea, you can get physically dependent on any opioid, I guess, but like, its like hearing somebody talk about the tragic depths of their codeine pill addiction or some shit.

Because thats the thing, hes talkin about it like he was just soooo fucking hardcore and out of control. It aint like oh, i had some issues. its, I had THIS HORRIBLE SUPERDUPER EXTREME DRUG ADDICTION to a extremely weak drug that other than taking higher doses, I used in the prescribed manner. He wasnt shooting dope, or fuck, even sniffing oxys, hes poppin vicodin, I mean, damn dude. Addiction is different for everyone but its just annoying to me, whether or not I am stupid for feeling that way, its just how I feel. As a long term high-dose large-habit dopeshooter it annoys me, it just does, and I probably have no right to feel that way but hey its fuckin america so (fuuuuuuuck you!)

The benzos, thats another thing entirely. yea, theres some major withdrawal problems there. But Iunno....just the whole "i popped lots of pills and drank a lot and smoked weed" thing hardly qualifies to me as on the same level as a severe, long term, intense IV addiction to heroin or coke or meth or whatever. But, thats just my "junkie pride" I guess. Some shit to be proud about there, right 8(

I think it's a gimmick, personally. You already made the brunt of the argument though.

I'm going through valium withdrawal right now and it's hard.

But then again, I'm not a millionaire. I can't afford treatment that won't hurt. I just have to lie in my bed, grin and bear it.

Also, I can't make money by writing about my affair after I'm done - even if I were to - my net worth would be dwarfed by his. It's a charade.

Worse yet it's selfishly exploiting those who share these problems but are too poor to profit from them.