Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ehrlich & Mecke test results questions

B

BlotterID

The test in question can be seen here: https://ibb.co/caRq6J

Test sample B is an unknown blotter that was acquired and used several years ago, but stored properly in cold, dark, sealed container. The reason it is in question is because it did not feel like LSD. Though, it was a weird time in ones life and the set/setting played a bigger role than I realized. Whatever the case, it ended experimentation for quite a while. Fast forward to now and I'm curious as to whether or not it was the blotter or just the set/setting. So I tested it with ehlichs and mecke.

Test sample A was pure white crystal DMT from a MHRB extraction that I was curious to see the results for. It actually turned these colors rather quickly, which was quite amazing considering how little of it I used for the test. I suppose it makes sense though. Potent stuff...

Anyway, I would appreciate some input on the results for test sample B. It appears to be legit, but this is the first time I've used a reagent and compared to test sample A it was rather slow to react. Combined with my prior experience I am rather unsure about it.
To give a little more info, the sample came from the LA area in latter part of 2012. The blotters are unmarked and about 1/4" x 1/4" in size. The bits used for the test were only a small portion (maybe 1/16 of the blotter and only 1 drop was used for each test.

If it appears to be legit, the other question I have is whether the ehrlich test tells you if the blotter is still good or not. I realize the only way to know for sure is to take it, however I want to be prepared for it and don't want to prepare myself just to be disappointed. So, from your experience, does a positive ehrlich test mean it's going to work?

I hope the test sample A will help those who wish to better identify DMT (atleast that which has been properly extracted from MHRB) using these methods.

For those who read this and plan to leave a reply, thank you in advance.

Test sample B is an unknown blotter that was acquired and used several years ago, but stored properly in cold, dark, sealed container. The reason it is in question is because it did not feel like LSD. Though, it was a weird time in ones life and the set/setting played a bigger role than I realized. Whatever the case, it ended experimentation for quite a while. Fast forward to now and I'm curious as to whether or not it was the blotter or just the set/setting. So I tested it with ehlichs and mecke.

9 out of 10 times it is set & setting. Psychedelics are inherently unpredictable substances, especially LSD.

Test sample A was pure white crystal DMT from a MHRB extraction that I was curious to see the results for. It actually turned these colors rather quickly, which was quite amazing considering how little of it I used for the test. I suppose it makes sense though. Potent stuff...

Well, no, the reason the reaction occurs so quickly and strongly is precisely because relative to LSD, DMT is *not* potent stuff. Next to LSD, pretty much everything is "pathetically weak stuff" if you're comparing it mg for mg. A normal smoked DMT dose is around 20 miligrams. The amount of LSD found in a typical blotter is less than 100 micrograms. That is a speck of dust so tiny that it is basically invisible to the naked eye.

Basically, the amount of DMT you used for the test was at least an order of magnitude greater than the amount of LSD in that blotter, so it is no wonder the reaction is more intense.

If it appears to be legit, the other question I have is whether the ehrlich test tells you if the blotter is still good or not. I realize the only way to know for sure is to take it, however I want to be prepared for it and don't want to prepare myself just to be disappointed. So, from your experience, does a positive ehrlich test mean it's going to work?

294px-Indole_2D_numbered.svg.png

Ehrlich merely tests for the presence of indoles, the structural backbone found in both LSD and DMT. It is *not* a measure of psychoactivity. Skatole, a non-psychoactive degradation product of tryptophan that was literally named for the fact that it smells like shit, will still react beautifully with Ehrlich's.

Last edited:
That was a well thought out response. I'm sure it was appreciated. I'm personally curious though if there is any way of knowing if an old LSD blotter is still good and active without actually taking it.

That was a well thought out response. I'm sure it was appreciated. I'm personally curious though if there is any way of knowing if an old LSD blotter is still good and active without actually taking it.

tacodude said:
You can try shining a blacklight on it to see if it reacts

Lots of things are fluorescent under UV light, though. That is even less specific of a test than Ehrlich's.

True, but a reagent can make it unusable.... Since they know what is on the tab and they don't need to confirm substance using a black light to test for presence of substance should work fine.. At least for WoW blotter while I can see artwork blotter reacting because of the ink, but that would be obvious.