• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Egzoset's fun waterless toy of solstice 2023

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Well here it is:

Egzoset-s-2023-Waterless-Setup-700x720.png
Nothing to burn or break unless one is too retarded to use it anyway... Plenty of cooling expansion under the bowl, manual PinHole/Purge control to enhance the associated ritual. Relatively silent if it falls on the soft side. Bongs ain't my favourite thing because it feels approximate compared to my Bronze Sherlock all-metal VG handle, yet i have survived: FuckCombustion inherited misconceptions on materials selection may vanish with use!​
☮️

it's looking very distinguished, nice colours! did you mould the plastic yourself?

Pouah! Ah! Ah! M'yeah, i was inspired when i walked into our local stoner shop that day. ;)

Nah, i ain't involved into much DiY these days, if i did this prototype would have been featured with a 2-fingers (manual) PinHole sytem and weight even less...

My DiY part was implemented long ago and been in service since when my Hybrid Core configuration "crystalized", in 2018. The CoViD-19 pandemic slowed me down considerably, i could still experiment with other aspects like optical probing (as supported in option in this illustration), etc. Basically it's an easy measurements-less transformation of the pre-existing/patented VaporGenie Classic: perform a contour mark around the bowl itself then double-cut the Monobloc's Screw-Base until half-way to said marking then punch 2 tiny holes where the metal is thin and deformed; the internal PinHole alone makes some huge difference, especially if operated manually instead of permanent. Core reconfiguration only requires a 46 TPi saw-cutter to split its SiC Puck as two, so a sandwich structure can be created where to insert the long-forgotten fig. #11/#12 item of the original patent by Dan Steinberg: a 1 mm thick metal disc with 17 #53 holes in it in my own case, or perhaps just screens or even thin air as a spacer. YMMV.

The fun part resides in operation which is nothing like the slow/steady method where materials selection becomes problematic as a result of the intense/extended heat exposure, while this pipe is cold most of the time except for a brief transition after storing a temporary reserve of heat in its hybrid Core, someday open to using induction, presumably. Etc., etc.

Overall nothing new to get utterly excited, just reminding the reader i've yet to see brave adventurers willing to independently duplicate & peer review. It's worth every bit of the challenge and the VG pipe ain't really expensive at all. The Bronze Sherlock handle offers more accurate operation but it falls heavily, a Sherlock made of this high-temp. plastic right from VaporGenie themselves would make sense, if not a water-toy adapter as with the former Lotus (now a Vapman)...

Those concerned with heat + synthetics need consider the hot cannabic stream exits a VG Bowl (metal) aperture, away from all surfaces, and hence cooling results from instant expansion entering the larger cavity (past that smaller one after the bowl). Actually i've attempted to torch the material and hardly left a mark on it, so as a "Plan-B" that's no trade-off difficult to make. In addition, the original bong was over-weight/over-size so i cut more than half the extra waste, to make more room in my kit's transportation pouch.

Last but not least i've hidden a double-trap in my photo: there's already a storage container built-in (but it's not visible because it seals the bong cavity inside at the base) and even my Customized Full-metal VG "Top" fits there too, since its plastic cap base is also amovible anyway...

In short a fun project for the afternoon.

☮️

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Here's what made it viable, basically:
Egzoset-s-Cust-VG-Bowl-in-Waterless-Semi-Di-Y-Flexible-Setup-2023-Jul-21-450x360.png

There's a transition from that metal customized VG Bowl to free space that translates into a sudden 4-fold (dia.) expansion, which helps dissipate the heat a great deal and never challenges a synthetic material anyway.

But how "portable" is it exactly?

Well i've evaluated some 25 % cut in excess weight (plastic) could be gained easily which also come with benefits like making the whole setup actually fit in a reasonably-sized leather pouch, for transport. The one pictured below was from an electric razor:
Egzoset-s-Cust-VG-Pipe-with-Alt-Hybrid-Core-No-Brainer-On-Top-1-Cut-PH-Path-2023-Jul-21-900x5.png

The copper ring ain't only decorative, nor the translucent flexible PVC tube extension under it. A pair of tiny #53 holes been drilled on the side to allow future/optional installation of optical (fiber) probes... That alone would be some fun project i'm sure!

More importantly notice i've marked in red the piece of plastic we don't want to be in contact with hot cannabic streams; even if it's heat-resistant i prefer just to rely on cooling from exansion into a large cavity, providing manual PinHole ("P2") control as a bonus.

What's outside the leather pouch was cut plastic left behind to allow the rest to fit in.

☮️

P.S.: Cutting the inner flexible plastic tube implies NO water was intended for use anymore (and i won't regret it).

Last edited:
UPDATE#2:

Initially, at the time of purchase, i wasn't aware of this product until i saw it and requested to take it in my hands - still not knowing the exact details at the time. Months later i finally realize until just a few days ago i never knew it was a 'Hammer Bubbler' manufactured by Eyce, and now that i think i do what's somewhat odd about it becomes obvious comparing with their official web pictures: these don't match my present set of colours, nor is there any branding mark present - which is why i specified "presumably" on my next illustration below:

Waterless-Setup-2013-by-Egzoset-Cust-VG-Bowl-Cust-Eyce-Hammer-Bubbler-590x640.png

So YMMV. At least now when i see it i think of a nearly ideal replacement for what i like to call water toys, never about clones except with this there's no visual feedback and that's a big trade-off once the benefits have been enjoyed. So in absence of such feedback signal my contraption instead could optionally support a basic (hypothetical) fiber optic probe, capable of flooding the inner PVC tube section under it with light optimized to "scan" the cannabic stream, possibly with a primary sensor installed directly at the base of a VG Classic Bowl (to benefit from a differential pair, e.g. extract opacity, velocity and pressure). Presumably...

Nonetheless it's a bargain even without the dream part, or DiY session besides only cutting the inner flexible silicone tube plunging under water. Consequently such removal of synthetics from the cannabic path will imply:

#1) Voiding its warranty (evidently!)​
#2) Disabling the water feature (it's 100 % DRY now, m'well not 100 % if using a VaporGenie "Top"...)​

Other than that i verified the container (with cannabis inside) is a tight-fit that closes the main cavity suitably if removing slices of excess plastic. That's double-function use K.I.S.S. style again... The longer flexible extension PVC tube is for convenience during use. Anyway in retrospective it would have made some great CoViD-19 project if i had known better!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited:
Update

Sometimes progress is made and i begin to feel this is one of those times:
Egzoset-s-Semi-Di-Y-Waterless-Setup-2023-Aug-14-800x460.png

Lower left, in blue & green... About recycling part of the excess material that was removed, specifically Eyce's internal 'Hammer Bubbler' water plunger which once gone renders this device a "waterless" accessory only.

The manufacturer has such confidence in this high-temperature silicone they've actually allowed intensely-heated combustion compounds from a glass smoker-bowl to collect within a synthetic plastic channel, but with a twist: it's designed to be partially submerged under water, of course... Well, we're all aware of water's excellent thermal qualities, so if it's quick the trade-off ain't too bad, yet for my present application i preferred to completely eliminate proximity between heat vs silicone anyway (only leave 13~14 mm long to support the VG Classic Bowl); with the added bonus that the tube i cut can serve some better purpose elsewhere and it has!

Inserted between a 2~3 years-old amber PVC tube (which hardened from aging) and a venerable black MouthPiece (refurbished from my HerbalAire) and featured with a Permanent PinHole we find a most flexible air-tight bridge conveniently localizing the structure's weak point, e.g. where we want it to bend when applying force... So, what happens if we pinch it? A flex-valve!...

Now i got the means to include in my ritual a gesture that almost closes the path while pre-heating, consequently imposing a fixed limit on the amount of extra-hot clean-burning exhaust + contaminants (from lubricants in bottles & lighters). As a side-effect the degree of "conservation" appears to have improved significantly, as long as i remain within the vaporist range.

The experiment also demonstrated/confirmed my Hybrid-Core (with Metal Disk) avoids combustion best when operated in conjunction with the flex-valve effect.

It's like that addition helps produce a gentle decompression to propulse a dense cloud in the lungs path (or nasal cavity?) before you realize it, which says a lot on long-gone/previous difficulties from cauphing. Another bonus is the inhalation game getting enhanced with enjoyable visible exhales, specially under sunny morning rays.

Me thinks we could call it the « Flip 'n Toke » scenario. Bend to pre-heat, straighten up to release/transport + inhale.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited: