• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

effexor 75mg, skip a day or two for shrooms/acid?

tazz20

Bluelighter
I am currently taking the lowest dose of effexor which is an snri at 75mg once a day in the morning. I know the effects of shrooms or lsd would be greatly diminished on the meds but if I skip one or two days of the meds will I be able to trip? yes I know some would say this isn't the smartest idea but I've missed one or two doses here and there when I was on celexa which is an ssri and was ok.

well i take seroquel and I always wait at least a week i know it's different class of medication but I'd suggest you wait a week most likely if you wIt 2 days you'll get all the energy from the shrooms but no visuals at all

I would imagine you are looking at a minimum of 2 days to probably two weeks clear. Antidepressants can take a while to get out of the system and are notorious at interfering with trips.

Some information you might find useful:

Last edited:
Acid (1cP-LSD 200mcg in my case) worked pretty well including CE-/OEVs while on 150mg/d. Shrooms get diminished to nothing more than a few slight CEVs (10g fresh truffles) and upping the dose (6-7g dried cubensis) can become very uncomfortable. Still no visuals but racing, scattered thoughts and intense anxiety.

But discontinuing a working AD for a trip, which can potentially be challenging, should be a well thought decision - you likely will experience some discontinuation symptoms in case of venlafaxine which can be disturbing. Yeah, 1-2 days won't do much as it isn't only the AD which you want out of your system but the changed 5ht2a receptors to recover.

Here's a chart I came across in my own research that is corroborated by all the other evidence I found on the topic, if that helps.

I once split 3.5g of Psilocybin mushrooms with a drug buddy/dealer who was on Effexor. He did not trip nearly as hard as I did and the 1.5g he consumed apparently did not last as long either. He also was able to easily drive home later that night five hours later, but I told him not to but he insisted and I don't advocate driving on any drugs at all.

Acid (1cP-LSD 200mcg in my case) worked pretty well including CE-/OEVs while on 150mg/d. Shrooms get diminished to nothing more than a few slight CEVs (10g fresh truffles) and upping the dose (6-7g dried cubensis) can become very uncomfortable. Still no visuals but racing, scattered thoughts and intense anxiety.

But discontinuing a working AD for a trip, which can potentially be challenging, should be a well thought decision - you likely will experience some discontinuation symptoms in case of venlafaxine which can be disturbing. Yeah, 1-2 days won't do much as it isn't only the AD which you want out of your system but the changed 5ht2a receptors to recover.
was this while on effexor?