• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effects of xanax

Blakstik

Greenlighter
I have taken Xanax for the first time , have taken 0.5 mg , I felt drowsy after one hour. I slept for 1 and a half hours, was woken up, felt sleepytime another 10 minutes. That is all. Why it has very less effect on me?I don't even have tolerance to it. I am not on any other medication though I am slightly depressed. I weigh 52 kg.

What effects are you looking for?
It made you sleepy, that's one main effect, the others are anxiolysis, anticonvulsant effects and sometimes muscle relaxation.
If you're looking for euphoria benzos are the wrong class of drugs as they don't usually cause euphoria.

Seems about right. Benzos make you drowsy and tired. If you're suffering from stress and anxiety, the relief of those symptoms might feel mildly euphoric, but if you're not anxious or stressed then tiredness is all you should really expect.

I see. So a maximum of 2 hour sleep is all I can expect from 0.5 mg (I expected more, have no knowledge about these).Did I get it right?

Basically, yes. It's not really recreational. Some people use it at lower dosages in, say, social situations where anxiety is having a detrimental effect for them. It gets used to stop panic attacks, reduce fear, etc.

I became addicted to benzos on top of my opiate habit, I just didn't want to feel anymore, and they really did the trick, unfortunately. If you treat benzos like a tool, and not like a recreational drug, you'll get better usage out of them. IMHO anyone who uses psychedelics or amphetamines, for example, should have some benzos in their toolkit for dealing with negative effects such as panic attacks or unwanted stimulation at the end of a trip.

Be weary of loss of inhibition on benzos. While your sober mind might hold you back from something you think is dangerous or stupid, that threshold can be effectively be removed by using benzos. Suddenly confronting someone about something, or thinking it might be a good idea to order 12 hedges on Amazon seem like a good idea.