• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Effects of THC by mg?

We are talking very specifically about edible cannabis. The smoke burning away is not a factor at all in these equations.

I also vaporize only, never smoke, besides edibles. Nothing sits burning into the air in pure convection vaporizing. But you are never absorbing 100% of what you inhale.

It’s impossible to quantify precise actual intake that way with smoke, vaporisation. Which we weren’t or at least I wasn’t discussing here.

With edibles, I expect there could be a variation between how well we individually absorb the actives, depending on our digestive systems and more.

So for mere arguments sake I think we’ve left such absorption arguments out, wrt edibles.

Assuming 100 mg’s is “effect”ively 100 mg’s
Also an issue, because of bioavailability.

It's only around 4-6%, up to 12% if you use a shitload of butter

Also an issue, because of bioavailability.

It's only around 4-6%, up to 12% if you use a shitload of butter
I can believe. We use 14 grams decarbed herb cooked in 220-250 grams coconut oil.

So I guess it’s fairly dilute actually, and coconut oil is the only fat that requires no digestive process, no liver activity at all.

So I’d suggest that absorbility may vary between butter and coconut oil edibles possibly.

But we can only work with the tools we have right? Hence I think me using the term of 100 mg’s effectively being 100 mg’s, not to say, 100 mg’s completely absorbed and experienced, but the typical level of effects from such an edible dose.

Now in that light you put it, if we absorbed 100% of edible THC and took the same doses....well we’d be off our crackers lol!

I think I will try and stick to trusty philosophy and humour for now until I can reboot my brain function. I can do humour, philosophy all day long still so that’s a good sign I didn’t lose marbles fully.

14.5 mg’s ACID in 6.5 weeks by last Friday and wow after several days off it’s like the new library in town, of integration, had just opened it’s doors.

I think I’m possibly being flooded with a tonne of postponed and surmounted integration bursting out the floodgates at last, on a sub and unconscious level.

It seems reasonable to me to consider this could be temporarily hampering my rational cognitive abilities, in a harmless way too in the long run.

Last edited:
a gram of 10% weed would be 1/10 * 1000mg's = 100mg's (which might be reasonable for you)
that is 10 times my comfort level, it would be ~0.35 of the whole bottle of XMG drops to duplicate, and that would be a wild ride. However, I think some people will do it, and - this is government sanctioned packaging - it could be that they expect some people to drink the whole thing which lists at ~40$CDN. like drinking a bottle of whisky
One full extracted vaporizer hit of 0.2 grams max really, in one lung, gives a very strong effect.

0.3 grams vaped in multiple draws too. That would be satisfyingly strong effect for a few hours for me personally.

Shit I went to do the usual math on that just now....it’s beyond my mental capacities atm. Like a visual field blind spot. Rather strange. Like dementia in a way, but really it’s just compromised congnitive function from ill digestive health, exhaustion and overuse of all available psychoactives, LSD, Kava, Etizolam, even cannabis.

I don’t need a lot of cannabis, and a little too much for my needs brings diminished returns.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was kinda my point.
Sorry, I'm such a literal person ^^
I wonder if THC is ever injected? IM or IV? I don’t think I’ve ever heard it even mentioned? It must have been considered and if viable, tried out.

Now that could be an interesting way to get high.

I recently plugged a lot of my LSD and it hits so differently. Prob 1.5 times as strong, and the peak extends by an extra 50%. The after effects are a lot more pronounced too. Two weeks ago I plugged 600 ug, was like no oral 600 ug I’ve ever known.

Next day 1000 ug, 700 the next. 2.5 mg’s in 4 days with the 200ug oral on day one.

I’m sure I was a lot more whacked for days following vs same or larger oral doses.

Plugging THC in one form or another would surely see a much increased absorption level. I wouldn’t recommend a gummy bear though lol!

“So what’s the problem Mr..?”

“Well doctor....ahem....I’ve got a gummy bear stuck in my backside!”

lol!

I see there is a "renew CBN Oil" on OCS.ca but its $65 for 300mg. Too expensive for me :(
Yes especially when for myself, categorically, CBN in particular is MOST undesirable.

I know it isn’t fully acquainted with, depicted by Amber trichomes and there is so much more to it all, but I’ve never been a big amber man myself.

More of a Cloudy guy. With a little clarity, a little beige inevitable always. But CBN isn’t the most pleasant feeling cannabinoid. Maybe ideal for insomnia, with CBD as support though.

I am shaken to my core to realise the low bioavailability of oral thc, I mean it just seems impossible

I have some extremely nice, soft hashish atm, just pressed scuff, strong and so soft it vapes perfectly in a dry herb vape.

A couple of days ago I had a home made edible with 100mg of said hash, so lets estimate 20mg thc. Was high as fuck and most definitely far more stoned and for far longer than if I had vaped twice the amount. Hash was very well decarbed and then cooked in butter for a few minutes before the butter being added to melted chocolate. yum....

My point is - I was twice as stoned for twice as long via the oral route, yet the bioavailibility is apparently less...and this has been a recurring experience in decades of use

ahhhh the mysteries of this wonderful plant... as one cool motherfucker once wrote..."Death unto all infidels in oil...Guide us to the genie of your smoke....Lead us to a thousand and one nights...In the perfumed garden of delights"

I am strobing after 20 mins licking 20 drops of XMG water soluble THC from my hand. or in a small drink. (begin to feel it in 5 mins)
that is equivalent to 10 mg THC
I prefer 13-16 drops (7 or 8 mg) - I can act normal but will see cartoon faces in the polished concrete floor - some people need or like a lot more
I am 120 lbs

for smoking hash it is the same, just 10 mins instead of 20 mins. 7 or 8 mg THC and I'm happy (begin to feel it immediately)

I wonder if THC is ever injected? IM or IV? I don’t think I’ve ever heard it even mentioned? It must have been considered and if viable, tried out.

Now that could be an interesting way to get high.

I recently plugged a lot of my LSD and it hits so differently. Prob 1.5 times as strong, and the peak extends by an extra 50%. The after effects are a lot more pronounced too. Two weeks ago I plugged 600 ug, was like no oral 600 ug I’ve ever known.

Next day 1000 ug, 700 the next. 2.5 mg’s in 4 days with the 200ug oral on day one.

I’m sure I was a lot more whacked for days following vs same or larger oral doses.

Plugging THC in one form or another would surely see a much increased absorption level. I wouldn’t recommend a gummy bear though lol!

“So what’s the problem Mr..?”

“Well doctor....ahem....I’ve got a gummy bear stuck in my backside!”

lol!
Maybe you should try boofing or plugging THC infused sweets, or make an enema with pure THC and water?

I read an erowid trip report that gave off a weird lesbian vibe where a group of women all took drugs by putting them into their vagina.

My friends who are bisexual and lesbian women who use drugs found the entire writing or group drug scene very strange and odd. My friend that is bisexual and loves Ketamine would not take it this way, but would snort it or IM it.

Yes especially when for myself, categorically, CBN in particular is MOST undesirable.

I know it isn’t fully acquainted with, depicted by Amber trichomes and there is so much more to it all, but I’ve never been a big amber man myself.

More of a Cloudy guy. With a little clarity, a little beige inevitable always. But CBN isn’t the most pleasant feeling cannabinoid. Maybe ideal for insomnia, with CBD as support though.
Why is CBN undesirable? I have probably had it, since as a teen an older friend found a dugout and one hitter full of Colombian mid-grade that was very old, it was 5-10 years old hidden in his truck, and we smoked some, got high, and when I went home hours later when still stoned I easily fell asleep, and stayed asleep when usually even if I had smoked Indica herb I was not able to sleep at all, unless I drank very hoppy beers.

Why is CBN undesirable? I have probably had it, since as a teen an older friend found a dugout and one hitter full of Colombian mid-grade that was very old and we smoked some, got high, and when I went home hours later when still stoned I easily fell asleep, and stayed asleep when usually even if I had smoked Indica herb I was not able to sleep at all.
In my primordial understanding, CBN is essentially degraded THC. I like THC. I hate overly late harvested plants, have messed up numerous times. Instead of an uplifting, energetic, social high, the effect is very lethargic, heavy, not at all suitable for my long running chronic fatigue condition and general muscular fatigue.

So it’s in ways a degradation byproduct as THC becomes no longer, just not desirable to me personally in terms of it’s specific effects (CBN).

And what you report, staying asleep for longer, is I guess the desirability that CBN holds. I have plants harvested way too late, from years back. They do this to me. But I never use them. It’s a bit groggy. And it makes physical mobility much harder at the time and after waking from any length sleep, and lowered energy despite the sleep.

But that could just be me.

I’m sure there are people who take CBN with good reason and results for themselves.

But also it’s just something else to market crucially, anything for a buckmthese days you know!

One full extracted vaporizer hit of 0.2 grams max really, in one lung, gives a very strong effect.

0.3 grams vaped in multiple draws too. That would be satisfyingly strong effect for a few hours for me personally.

Shit I went to do the usual math on that just now....it’s beyond my mental capacities atm. Like a visual field blind spot. Rather strange. Like dementia in a way, but really it’s just compromised congnitive function from ill digestive health, exhaustion and overuse of all available psychoactives, LSD, Kava, Etizolam, even cannabis.

I don’t need a lot of cannabis, and a little too much for my needs brings diminished returns.
right so when you take 0.2gm in your vape at this calc setup you are getting 20mg's THC hit. that is double what I get with 20 drops which to me seems heavy. I could probably enjoy while muttering - I have to do less next time. 30mg's over 3 pulls is like doing my usual max 3 times and that would be extreme, maybe fun.
If you are like me, almost no smoke comes out and that's that, maybe losing 10-20%.

the issue with water soluble xmg drops is that they are bioavailiable almost as fast as smoking, and you do get the full ingesetd THC dose, you can not blow it out. It is strong for 3 hours and a good afterglow for 7 hrs. I am sure that - unless put in a drink - it gets absorbed by oral mucosa. hits faster than acid but a little slower than smoking.

There is no hard and fast guide of course, since weight, tolerance, stomach contents, etc all play a role. Here, on an empty stomach are the subjective feelings I get, and these are utterly unrelatable to what I'll suggest.

10 mg - kinda feels like I've had a beer
20 mg - yeah I've had a beer, maybe 2
30-40 mg - I've had too much beer.

10mg is very strong for me. Marijuana is one of the few drugs I have a very low tolerance for.

right so when you take 0.2gm in your vape at this calc setup you are getting 20mg's THC hit. that is double what I get with 20 drops which to me seems heavy. I could probably enjoy while muttering - I have to do less next time. 30mg's over 3 pulls is like doing my usual max 3 times and that would be extreme, maybe fun.
If you are like me, almost no smoke comes out and that's that, maybe losing 10-20%.

the issue with water soluble xmg drops is that they are bioavailiable almost as fast as smoking, and you do get the full ingesetd THC dose, you can not blow it out. It is strong for 3 hours and a good afterglow for 7 hrs. I am sure that - unless put in a drink - it gets absorbed by oral mucosa. hits faster than acid but a little slower than smoking.
Yes that’s indisputably correct quantifiable thank you. It’s math and arithmetic which I seem to have a hole in my brain with right now. I mean it’s so obvious and I’ve been through it so many times.

I looked up the drops you use, obviously no Canadian vendor will ship anything like that to UK, they even wanted to know my Birthday. I was like, what’s the point now, it was 2 weeks ago! Lol.

I don’t hold my vapor hits for more than a few seconds nowayears. I used to, for conservation sake and better bang for buck. It definitely makes a difference, but I feel it is better for me to hold inside my lungs for less time, for one, terpenes are allegedly absorbed via the throat and nasal passages more than via lungs.

Past maybe 5 seconds, I barely taste terpenes on exhale. I noticed a different head effect when I stopped retaining my vapor hits, exhaling before the terpenes lose their expression upon exhalation.

But even with 5 to 10 seconds holding, you are not absorbing all the THC so it’s never accurately quantifiable.

I can believe you regarding the absorption level, rate and relative strength of effects with the drops. Indeed you can’t really compete with the immediate onset of smoked/vaporized weed. But it’s easy to accept you will feel the THC drop’s effects quicker than LSD.

Anyhow, I still get very ample effects from my vapor. I think we can only absorb a certain % at a time. Re-breathing the vapor in and out multiple times is touted as one method for increasing absorption level. I half do it but after decades of using cannabis, I really feel no need.

If I was rationing my herb, I’m sure I would change this, but it’s working well enough and it’s about enjoyment as well, I don’t enjoy holding the vapor in for too long.

Thanks for your thoughts.