• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Effects of THC by mg?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Does anyone have an accurate guide or chart about the effects of delta 9 THC when eaten in extracted into food, or the edible sweets and packaged products that list THC mg? I understand with the medical products that the mg of THC is not always completely accurate and can sometimes be more of an estimate.

Also, do Indica, Sativa, or even hybrid strains if you make edible THC from them or if they are used in a medical THC product effect the high, or not and this is just placebo?

Thanks in advance.

There is no hard and fast guide of course, since weight, tolerance, stomach contents, etc all play a role. Here, on an empty stomach are the subjective feelings I get, and these are utterly unrelatable to what I'll suggest.

10 mg - kinda feels like I've had a beer
20 mg - yeah I've had a beer, maybe 2
30-40 mg - I've had too much beer.

It just sneaks up on you, especially with little or no edible tolerance. If I do edibles every day (not at the moment), my tolerance rises steadily.

So I recommend what the Canadian government does 10 mg or less. Wait at least 3 hours before taking any more.

In legal states in the US and all of Canada the labelling is quite accurate if you are purchasing from well known, legal companies (that submit their random lot samples to accredited labs).

Black market products of course are not 'label guaranteed'.

Tom

There is no hard and fast guide of course, since weight, tolerance, stomach contents, etc all play a role. Here, on an empty stomach are the subjective feelings I get, and these are utterly unrelatable to what I'll suggest.

10 mg - kinda feels like I've had a beer
20 mg - yeah I've had a beer, maybe 2
30-40 mg - I've had too much beer.

It just sneaks up on you, especially with little or no edible tolerance. If I do edibles every day (not at the moment), my tolerance rises steadily.

So I recommend what the Canadian government does 10 mg or less. Wait at least 3 hours before taking any more.

In legal states in the US and all of Canada the labelling is quite accurate if you are purchasing from well known, legal companies (that submit their random lot samples to accredited labs).

Black market products of course are not 'label guaranteed'.

Tom
I’d recommend about half 10mg if you have no tolerance lmao a legit edible 10mg put me on my ass

I’d recommend about half 10mg if you have no tolerance lmao a legit edible 10mg put me on my ass
Ok I ate 225-450mg of THC in home made edibles, firecrackers. I had eaten Moroccan sativa hashish once before, it was a small piece and smoking the hash was super psychedelic, but eating it was more cerebral and energetic.

The firecrackers got me super stoned to where I was tripping, not able to move, was confused, sleeping made me feel as though I was floating, and I blacked out, felt as though I was going to black out, had very bad nausea, and a mindfuck. It was like tripping on Psilocybin mushrooms at a lower dose with a mindfuck and very slight visuals.

It was not a bad trip, just physically unpleasant, but drinking ginger mixed into hot water helped with the nausea. I did not go to hospital, call medical services, etc.

If you are wondering why I ate that much, it was the 1990s before high quality pot with high THC% was easily available. I had Mexican schwag brick weed and since I had been smoking it for two or three days, and it was not as good as Colombian mid-grade I figured I would need to eat 5.0 grams of it to get high.

What is the THC % in schwag or Mexican brickweed?

I'd be shocked if it was any higher than 3%, so eating 5g would yield no more than 150mg thc - much less than that if not decarbed
Ok I had decarbed it. I got the mg from a website with a THC edible calculator, so I am not sure if it is accurate?

It was Mexican Sativa and very dreamlike when smoked.

I think I had an empty stomach, or had a slice of pizza and drank some coke.

This is the website:

Last edited:
Ok I had decarbed it. I got the mg from a website with a THC edible calculator, so I am not sure if it is accurate?

I think I had an empty stomach, or had a slice of pizza and drank some coke.

This is the website:

I’ve got abv leftovers that I saved up over the year. About a tablespoon and a 15mg oxy and I’m out like a light and sleep amazing

I’ve got abv leftovers that I saved up over the year. About a tablespoon and a 15mg oxy and I’m out like a light and sleep amazing
Cool. I never vaped enough to save up ABV herb. The pot I ate was not the worst brickweed/schwag ever; but it was not quite Colombian midgrade either, but it was Mexican Sativa. Any idea how much THC % was in it? This was in the 1990s.

If I ever use drugs again I may eat herb but I would be hesitant as I would not want to eat too much. I would be using it for relaxation, insomnia, and enhancement when watching films or listening to music, etc.

I will get to your other question about cities you asked me before when I am done work.

Last edited:
Cool. I never vaped enough to save up ABV herb. The pot I ate was not the worst brickweed/schwag ever; but it was not quite Colombian midgrade either, but it was Mexican Sativa. Any idea how much THC % was in it? This was in the 1990s.

If I ever use drugs again I may eat herb but I would be hesitant as I would not want to eat too much. I would be using it for relaxation, insomnia, and enhancement when watching films or listening to music, etc.

I will get to your other question about cities you asked me before when I am done work.
From 1-6%

I don’t think there’s many guides because this answer is based on individual variations. Everyone reacts differently... Edible tolerance can shoot up pretty quick so one person can handle much more than another.

For people with little to no tolerance, it’s best to start with 5-20mg. 20mg being fairly strong for many.

-GC

I don’t think there’s many guides because this answer is based on individual variations. Everyone reacts differently... Edible tolerance can shoot up pretty quick so one person can handle much more than another.

For people with little to no tolerance, it’s best to start with 5-20mg. 20mg being fairly strong for many.

-GC
Thanks. The leftover small amount-it was 0.5g of Moroccan sativa hashish I had in Spain where it is decriminalised for personal use in hotels, at home, private 'clubs', certain pubs/cafes, was a gift from a shop owner in Granada who I bought wooden pipes from, was decarbed first and not as psychedelic as smoking it in Sevilla, but the effects of eating it were more cerebral and perfect for a day exploring Barcelona. It was sort of like what vaping pot was like when I tried this a decade later. I did not get any nausea or confusion or real psychedelic effects from eating the Moroccan hash, despite having basically zero tolerance. Is this normal?

The 5 grams of Mexican Sativa were consumed with low/zero tolerance.

I got super stoned on eating the 5g of Mexican Sativa that when it kicked in hard I got so stoned I forgot I had taken any drugs! 😂 I was playing Final Fantasy on NES and the game looked messed up or the images and music were altered. I found it impossible, and very difficult to move but I did not freak out or call EMS.

I tried sleeping but I felt like I was floating, and I heard growling and thought it was my dog downstairs, or a neighbor's dog outside, or a wolf or fox near my parents' house outside the window.

I went to a Bob Dylan concert the next day and my friend said I looked still super stoned. I just felt sort of tired but not exhausted.

I have heard my experience is not uncommon with super high doses of THC or pot/hashish when eaten.

I am sort of hesitant about eating it again as I do not want to repeat the experience again, if I have no tolerance, would I get super stoned from low doses of THC?

How stoned did 10mg make you? Was it like smoking lots of bong hits with no tolerance?
It was terrifying, tbh. But I have a natural tendency to get paranoid. In fact, I normally think it’s shit weed without the paranoia. I would tell you to half the 10mg. If you haven’t smoked in a while, or ate since the 90’s, back then unless you was in California with a card the process wasn’t as good of extracting, you basically had home cooks. It really depends on what your getting. Is it someone who made the oil themselves or a brand, rule of thumb though is if you got 10mg take half, give it two hours or more if you’ve ate my problem is that I ate 5mg. Then in an hour when i didn’t feel it working I ate the other 5mg. They both hit me at once and I could barley keep composure during Christmas. I wouldn’t advise it if your doing Christmas with the family either. I felt it pretty much the whole day as well, now this was in conjunction with oxy. But oxy I found was the only thing I had that helped the anxiety.

I’ve had Mexican brick weed that looked like shit, smelt like shit but was the only thing around sometimes. Mostly it was shit but sometimes would blow your head off.

I don’t know how accurate 3% is - but depending on storage or shipment conditions (a 100 kg bundle left sweltering in the desert for a few days before someone picks it up and moves it) coulda partially decarbed already.

^^^ The similarity to a low grade mushroo
How stoned did 10mg make you? Was it like smoking lots of bong hits with no tolerance?

On 10mg I had 5-10 minutes of ‘I wish I hadn’t taken this much’. The weird thing about edibles is they come and go in waves. One minute it’s ‘gotta eat a who;e pint of ice cream
Dosing edibles is not reliable.

I just want a standard and consistent CBN heavy option for sleepy time.

There’s water soluble CBN drops in Canada. If they are here, then they should be in Colorado b/c that’s where our tech was licensed from. Probably. Ali Formica and Nevada also (but that’s just a guess). Look for products with Tocophersolan.

Tom

They’re out there. I got a CBN tincture that works wonders, and also have ordered pure CBN as well.

CBN is great for migraines too.

CBG is where it’s at IMO, so good for body ailments/nausea, as well as sleep. I’d say finding something high in CBG is the way to go over CBN for sleep.

-GC

That sucks. I know people who had edibles or THC extracted into sweets or food where it is all legal, and the one friend who has smoked lots of pot, and taken lots of other drugs like coke, speed, downer pills, and probably heroin and PCP and probably psychedelic drugs, and lots of booze, ate 1-2 THC sweets and got more high than she ever was before, but she ate them before a flight and her husband who does not use any drugs at all now had to talk her down and keep her calm.

I’ve had Mexican brick weed that looked like shit, smelt like shit but was the only thing around sometimes. Mostly it was shit but sometimes would blow your head off.

I don’t know how accurate 3% is - but depending on storage or shipment conditions (a 100 kg bundle left sweltering in the desert for a few days before someone picks it up and moves it) coulda partially decarbed already.

^^^ The similarity to a low grade mushroo

On 10mg I had 5-10 minutes of ‘I wish I hadn’t taken this much’. The weird thing about edibles is they come and go in waves. One minute it’s ‘gotta eat a who;e pint of ice cream

There’s water soluble CBN drops in Canada. If they are here, then they should be in Colorado b/c that’s where our tech was licensed from. Probably. Ali Formica and Nevada also (but that’s just a guess). Look for products with Tocophersolan.

Tom
I did not get the munchies when I ate the Mexican Sativa, or Moroccan hashish.

I had hours of being too stoned on the 5g of Mexican Sativa. I did not regret it, but I was glad I was not in public or driving.