Effects of testosterone injections on neurotransmitters, mood, behavior?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I never looked in depth at the effect of synthetic testosterone.

I know it increases gene transcription = protein synthesis = muscle building.

Acts as a cell nucleus neuro-transmitter, but secondary effects on other physiological outcomes is what I'm looking for information on?

Firstly many use or are prescribed it with PCT which would have their own host of sides (albeit considered negligible).

Basically if I use any supplement or chemical that alters or effects mood or "headspace" it becomes intolerable - "emotional affect", per se.
The only exception to this I've found is intra-nasal melanotan 2 (subQ is intolerable however).

Even paracetamol which has proven emotional impact is really only tolerable a low'ish doses for short periods.

So in terms of the effects of testosterone - I have questioned some of the TRT groups, who claim that where natural T levels are low, synthetic shots are of noticeable benefit = mood lift, increase energy etc.

But that aside there was no really perceptive comment on mood/"head-effect" outcome of testosterone shots.

Any comments/insights/experiences on this?

Yup a lot of the benefits come from the conversion to DHT

Presumably that conversion increases by way of the introduction of synthetic testosterone?
I'm not sure. Possible. But I know an individual's genes have an effect on the conversion. I've heard black people have higher DHT-test conv. HGH has synergy with testosterone also. (for everyone)

I'm not sure. Possible. But I know an individual's genes have an effect on the conversion. I've heard black people have higher DHT-test conv. HGH has synergy with testosterone also. (for everyone)

Or I mean, it may not effect conversion rates specifically, but by default introducing more testosterone will increase levels of DHT?

I assume that's what your post was referring to, the potential benefits of higher DHT - as it was in response to my question in relation to effect of higher testosterone on neuro transmitter function/activity?

Or I mean, it may not effect conversion rates specifically, but by default introducing more testosterone will increase levels of DHT?

I assume that's what your post was referring to, the potential benefits of higher DHT - as it was in response to my question in relation to effect of higher testosterone on neuro transmitter function/activity?
Yes

But if one wants to increase their DHT levels, then they should use a DHT based steroid like masteron or proviron

Presumably that conversion increases by way of the introduction of synthetic testosterone?

Yes, Testosterone is the precursor to DHT via the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which is found primarily in scalp, and prostate tissue, which can lead to MPB and BPH..
(Male pattern baldness, and benign prostatic hyperplasia) ...

Interesting, I've investigated the effects of testosterone on the mind before when I realized that opiates are powerful testosterone suppressors and quite some of the long term side effects might origin there. Thanks for posting! The stuff about DHT is new for me, thought it'd be primarily active as a hair root killer with e.g. finasteride blocking the conversion of T into DHT. Crazy that this is a powerful CNS stimulant and the docs seem to be mostly ignorant about and blame the junkies for their weakness when it's in fact a chemical interaction! All the key ingredients are there, from glutamate over GABA to adrenergic, beta-endorphin and serotonin!

Previous GBL and dissociative abuser here (abused also MDXX compounds a long time ago). After a surdosage trip in the hospital using 3-meo-pcp 1 year ago, I've been tested just after with the testosterone level of a granny. The doc read the bloods, and directly said to me, "gel or injection?". My LH and FSH were also shot (I suspect NMDA antagonist to shot LH/FSH and then you don't produce enough testosterone anymore), and I had burnout feelings, bad memory, wanting to cry often for no reason, extremely shitty work performance... After 2 months, my T levels rose again, but not in the normal level of a 30-year-old guy. I then decided to give it a try, and I've been put on testosterone enanthate since then. It has normalized libido for me, decrease the stress feelings I had, made disappear a constant hole feeling in my chest I had since years, my sleep quality increased, and also was quite efficient at reducing my drug use (in reverse order of importance for me).

It's been roughly 1 year, and I managed to hit an 8-month sobriety period without forcing (record from last 10 years were 4 months and implied solid meditative practice like 1h+/day) since the beginning of the treatment. I'm not an active daily drug user anymore since years and mostly works by binges episodes spaced apart from 1 to 4 months. What I feel testosterone supplementation give me is a stable emotional rope. The pharmacology and neuroscience of neurosteroids is extremely complex, and I'm actively trying to know more about it. But I could tentatively explain my reaction simply by saying that testosterone works as a dopamine thermostat (the only most dopaminergic hormone than testosterone would be cortisol). I have an "indestructible" baseline, whatever I do or bad sleep I have. I'm not feeling in no way superhuman, just normal and stable and stress as decreased by 80%. I don't have any more free floating anxiety for no reason (I don't mean that I have zero anxiety, but there are concrete reasons for when I feel anxious). When I drink alcohol, I don't lose it and order shit from the internet anymore. Memory is quite better, my motivation about doing stuff is also greater and so my life has started to become more and more in order. It's not miraculous, I've started drinking quite a lot of these last weeks (PhD ending soon, I have a lot of pressure) but it correlated with a tentative to decrease my testosterone dosage to the minimum (70 mg / week T. enanthate) and some normal huge professional stress.

So guys if you have repeated blood works with total T below 400, it would be something that could be great to consider WITH A SKILLED ENDOCRINOLOGIST. For whatever reasons, most person rebound easily hormonally wise to drug abuse, but some like me, for reason I don't know, have rougher times to recover.

And for the sake of the "trip report", the first two months when you go from shitty to upper range T, you go through a honeymoon phase when you can feel like a little dopaminergic stimulation. It's not as reinforcing as stimulants, but it as definitely a natural aftertaste of this. Just thinking about doing stuff give you a lot of anticipatory pleasure in a bit unnatural way. Then you reach homeostasis with a dopaminergic baseline upped quite a bit compared to pre low T symptoms, but you feel completely normal.​

I take it and my mood has improved.

Going from below low to normal range has been quite nice. Been 6 months now.

Test is phenomenol. By far the best antidepressant Ive ever encountered. More than that too - makes you feel secure and that you can handle anythin g - even tho your balls are mouse size.