View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Effects of low dose LSD?

Zon

Bluelighter
Am just wondering what would be the effects of low doses of LSD? Especially the mental effects, would someone still need a sitter for something like that? Oh and what is considered low? I guess around 25-50µg?

No you shouldn't need a sitter for such a low dose (20ug-50ug). The effects of a low dose like that for me would be slightly brightened colors, enhanced senses (music sounds better), slight euphoria making it hard not to smile, increased energy and a skin tingling sensation. Ect

Low doses are far more likely to produce bad trips. Half way there is not there at all and just produces confusion and discomfort.

Take more acid.

Low doses are far more likely to produce bad trips. Half way there is not there at all and just produces confusion and discomfort.

Take more acid.

:O Seriously?

Can't say much about LSD but shrooms were great until I accidently took waaaaay too much when I litereally believed I was dead and hell was real. On small amounts just a bit of enhanced senses and a little giggly.

Take more acid.

I agree that full doses that are halfway there are less rewarding and more likely to cause more negative than positive effects (with many things anyway), but if we're talking 25ug that's microdose territory. This dose isn't even a trip really, it's more like a modification to ordinary consciousness. That low of a dose isn't going to cause confusion, it's going to brighten up your day or at worst give you a little weird stimulation.

Micro/low dosing serves a totally different purpose than taking full amounts of a psychedelic.

I agree that full doses that are halfway there are less rewarding and more likely to cause more negative than positive effects (with many things anyway), but if we're talking 25ug that's microdose territory. This dose isn't even a trip really, it's more like a modification to ordinary consciousness. That low of a dose isn't going to cause confusion, it's going to brighten up your day or at worst give you a little weird stimulation.

Micro/low dosing serves a totally different purpose than taking full amounts of a psychedelic.

I agree except I think 25ug isn't even a dose likely to cause anything above placebo.

We're on the same page Xorkoth.

It is the blue balls of drug taking. Nice while you dry hump on a bed but terrible after an hour or two

LSD is noticeably active at 15-20 micrograms if not less.

Well how odd is that? Because Erowid gives 20mcgs as a threshold dose (with 'light' beginning at 25) and the Shroomery gives 25mcgs as the threshold.

So....source? (As I've given you two strong sources that contradict your statement).

I am kind of surprised by these responses. Micro dosing LSD can be a great time! If you trip a lot, it can be wasteful as it will have an effect on your next trip unless spaced out but if you are new to LSD micro dosing is a great way to just get your foot in the water. It can produce a good stimulating energy with some euphoria. Colors may appear abut more vibrant but don't expect visuals past that.

I am kind of surprised by these responses. Micro dosing LSD can be a great time! If you trip a lot, it can be wasteful as it will have an effect on your next trip unless spaced out but if you are new to LSD micro dosing is a great way to just get your foot in the water. It can produce a good stimulating energy with some euphoria. Colors may appear abut more vibrant but don't expect visuals past that.

I agree, I enjoy microdosing. I didn't used to, until I got a lot of experience with psychedelics. Early on it produced a weird in-between state, but now it's just a light sparkle to my day, entirely enjoyable and nice. I don't do it much anymore but I used to.

I've had both types of experiences with microdoses of LSD... Sometimes it's entirely enjoyable and produces an all day stimulation, lifted mood, reduced anxiety, enhanced senses and deeper thoughts. At other times I experienced bouts of anxiety throughout the day and felt slightly out of it in a not-so-good kind of way. I think set and setting still play a role even at super low doses.

To StoneHappyMonday
My own experiences plus other people's experiences I've read online. I'm not going to, nor do I need to source information like that. I'm not online to bicker, like it seems many bluelighters are.

?

I agree with St3ve and Xorkoth though.

To StoneHappyMonday
My own experiences plus other people's experiences I've read online. I'm not going to, nor do I need to source information like that. I'm not online to bicker,

Having a different opinion backed up by the two most reputable sources of drug information on the internet is not 'bickering'. And it sure as hell beats hearsay.

Well how odd is that? Because Erowid gives 20mcgs as a threshold dose (with 'light' beginning at 25) and the Shroomery gives 25mcgs as the threshold.

So....source? (As I've given you two strong sources that contradict your statement).

So yeah, noticeably active at 20-25ug. Threshold means noticeably active, that's why it's a threshold dose. Otherwise it would be sub-threshold.