Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Effects of BK-MDMA on serotonine levels

Marcel14

Greenlighter
Hello,

SWIM is a healthy individual, very happy overall with his life, who has rolled around 10 times in his life with MDMA or ecstasy, respecting dosage and resting periods. SWIM did BK-MDMA/methylone for the first time a couple days ago (after 6 weeks of his last MDMA intake), and did 500mg in 3 doses. SWIM felt happiness and in a great mood the whole time, although those effects werent as great as MDMA magic, it was great because the feeling was quite intense but not overwhelming (like it happens with MDMA sometimes) and didnt came in waves, was proggresive... really nice experience.

SWIM dosed for the 4th time with another 150mg (650mg total) and the happiness effects weren't there. It was just speedy. However, that didnt catch SWIM off-guard, since he had read before that after some doses it becomes closer to meth and that you have to enjoy BK-MDMA/methylone with 2-3 doses only, otherwise you get to the point in which it looks a lot like meth.

He didnt get any craving feeling at any time of the night, nor have a bad comedown after that night, or a hangover any day after that. He was just tired, and went to sleep without any problem.

Now he is heading to a festival 8h a week and he wonders how his serotonine levels are now. He couldnt roll with BK-MDMA in the end of that night, but he suspects that his serotonine is not as depleted as with a normal MDMA roll, so he could have been able to roll again that night if he had switch to MDMA instead of having the 4th dose of BK. He also suspects he will be able to roll with MDMA in a week without many problems, and that BK-MDMA works in a way that, it can only affect some % of your serotonine levels per day, and once it hits that %, cannot get more.

SWIM is heading to a 2 day festival in 7 days and wonders if he should try to roll 2 times with BK-MDMA, 1 time with MDMA and 1 with BK-MDMA, try to go for 2 days of MDMA, or just roll once and stop... basically, he has no clue of how depleted his serotonine levels are now, since he is a bit inexperienced with drugs.

You don't have to use the SWIM thing here.

Look, BK is pretty safe to use regularly for a certain period of time. I cycle off it for a few weeks to a month and use it several weeks in a row with no depleted effects. I would roll with BK on the first day and then MDMA on the second. Don't want to use up all your serotonin on the first day. BK is fun even if you don't get the full effects anyway, the speedy dopamine release will keep you happy.

Hi there, we don't use SWIM here. Nobody can tell you what's going on with your serotonin levels, but by the fact that it stopped working, it would be reasonable to assume that you depleted them in a similar way to MDMA. 650mg of methylone is a lot, so I'm not overly surprised by that, you should consider lowering the dose in the future. If you're new to this class of drugs, chances are you will still have a good time on MDMA at your upcoming festival. However, it's not safe practice to keep taking them so frequently, and we recommend a guideline of once a month for average usage (at a minimum). This is not just to avoid side-effects, but to preserve the better effects of the drug itself. As you found out, redosing will lose its entactogenic effect and just become speedy. Over time the whole experience can just go downhill with excessive usage, and you're leaving yourself prone to side effects, so exercise caution.

Welcome to BL.

Thanks for the responses, guys, really appreciated :)

I think the best choice is BK first day, MDMA second day. It's an extraordinary event that doesnt occur often, that I love, and Im gonna be surrounded with nice and friendly people before, during and after the experience, so I don't think there will be any issue.

If anyone can give any extra feedback on this it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the responses, guys, really appreciated :)

I think the best choice is BK first day, MDMA second day. It's an extraordinary event that doesnt occur often, that I love, and Im gonna be surrounded with nice and friendly people before, during and after the experience, so I don't think there will be any issue.

If anyone can give any extra feedback on this it will be highly appreciated.

The best choice would be to take a serotonin-releaser on only one day, and take a different drug the other day. However, it is of course your decision. If you do decide to take the two back-to-back, be sure to take a reasonable break afterwards. Also don't be surprised if day 2 isn't as good as day 1, nor if day 2 has a bad comedown. These things are far more likely to happen when you take two serotonin-releasers in two days. The brain isn't well equipped to deal with that. You might get away with it, you might have a shitty comedown.