• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effects of Alcohol with Zopiclone

kaj

Greenlighter
I have drank about 1/2 bottle of vodka with mixer since 8pm and it is now 5am and I really need to sleep - if I take 7mg of Zoplicone will it help me to sleep; if so for how long (i have things to do in day time) and will it have adverse effects? I am not a regular "pill popper" just very bad insomniac due to stress :) Please advise as am dying on my feet with tiredness but my mind/body will not shut down!

Yes, it very well will.

Mixing any kind of GABA drug with alcohol is very frowned upon, and rarely recommended. Be sure you are not intoxicated and don't take any other CNS depressants.

^Typical response.

Let me know when somebody as coherent as he is to post that, dies when taking 7.5mg Zoplicone or any FDA recommended dose of a CNS downer. Also, 9 hours after he drank. Read his 2nd to last sentence 8)

We don't have to be Wikipedia, he is asking people...

^ Well it was half a bottle of vodka, I'm assuming it's half a litre. Mixing any amount of a CNS depressant with this much vodka is asking for trouble. And particularly zopiclone (not "zoplicone"), which is a strong CNS depressant.

People's opinions are what makes this site great. It doesn't mean we can condone a "yeah, no problem, go for it" answer, when there is a potential health hazard that could lead to a serious situation or even death. We have to be extremely clear on this point.

@loulou

Gotta love the grey area. I agree you can almost never say "yes" to a situation like that...

Really no exceptions. I just took the 9 hours time and "...dying on my feet with tiredness but my mind/body will not shut down!" into account. Too bad more often then not someone reading this will take that the wrong way :!

Sorry!

Let's play nice and focus on the OP's question.

What loulou reed said is dead on. That's a lot of alcohol by itself, you shouldn't mix it with any CNS depressant.

After 9 hours? The alcohol is way past midway at this point... It shouldn’t even be effecting him but mildly and in hangover... One tablet and sleeping off the hangover will not hurt.

Combining these has often caused sleepwalking type effects, like driving to places with no memory of it. I had to stop my z drug use because of this. Just my exp.

My mother used to mix vodka with her ambien. Had conversations with her that she could not recall the next day. She would get sort of embarrassed if I told her "we talked about this last night." She was on this cocktail for years, the amnesia would bother me if I had been the one blacking out.

The two posts above are not what the OP is referring to, nor is he abusing the drug.

One drink of 40% liquor equals ~44mL
Drinking 500mL of vodka totals ~11 drinks. (Assuming he drank that much)
9 Hours later and well sober begging for sleep, I hardly would call it wrong to tell him to do what he wants with a medicinal dose of Zoplicone 8)

The two posts above are not what the OP is referring to, nor is he abusing the drug.

One drink of 40% liquor equals ~44mL
Drinking 500mL of vodka totals ~11 drinks. (Assuming he drank that much)
9 Hours later and well sober begging for sleep, I hardly would call it wrong to tell him to do what he wants with a medicinal dose of Zoplicone 8)
This person...

It will do no harm.

I agree with whippa craka. Assuming your liver is functioning normally, you should have metabolised most of the alcohol after 9 hours. However, mixing any CNS depressant with alcohol or any other CNS depressant will amplify the effect. I have taken zopiclone/zolpidem (stilnox/immovane ..perhaps ambian or halcion to you Merikins). I've taken it alone, and I've taken it with a glass of wine. With wine it works in record time and I usually have to be 'guided' to bed. These days if I have wine I take half the dose of zolpidem/zopiclone.

Forgot to say.. Alcohol will usually make a person sleepy if they're tired anyway, but only initially. Once they are asleep they don't tend to stay that way, but are restless and wake early. It can have the reverse effect and actually stimulate the mind after a time. It may actually be drinking that is causing you to sleep poorly. Just a t

Just one more thing.. on the subject of these drugs for insomnia. They CAN and DO cause memory loss and people have been known to do some very crazy things under the influence of zopiclone. Phoning or texting people then forgetting that you did, is very common. I got in a LOT of trouble for texts and emails, abusive ones even (to my exboyfriends new girlfriend) that I had NO memory of whatsoever. I was convinced somebody had hacked my computer and sent the emails from my account. I was annoyed that the mystery person had even copied my style of writing. I had no idea that I had done these things under the influence of zopiclone, and it caused a lot of arguing in my home. Eventually I was slapped with a restraining order on the grounds of harassment. Much later on when I saw items in the news about zopiclone and amnesia, I put two and two together. Now I never take a pill unless I am actually in bed already, with a hot chocolate and magazine.

Reporting here, first experience with that mix: approximately 50mg (based on how many pills (5mg) are gone, though I could have done pretty much anything with them as I have no memories past the 4th one) and approximately 4 "shots" of Malibu. I woke up in a bed 14 hours later or so, feeling vaguely headachey but otherwise fine.

Reporting here, first experience with that mix: approximately 50mg (based on how many pills (5mg) are gone

Are you sure it's Zopiclone as they come in 7.5mg pills or 3.75mg strengths for older people, not heard of them at 5mg doses of Zopiclone?