• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Effects NBOMe drugs vs. the "classic" 2Cs?

slownerveaction

Bluelighter
If you have experience with a relatively broad of 2C drugs (e.g. at least 4 or more 2C drugs each used 5 or more times) and you have experience with one or more of the NBOMe drugs, how would you compare the effects of the NBOMe to the effects of the 2Cs? Where in the spectrum of the 2Cs would you place the NBOMe drugs you've tried?

25N-NBOMe, Definitely my favorite NBOMe. No body load and very enjoyable, visually stimulating trip.
25B-NBOMe was my second favorite. Manageable body load and nice OEVs.
25C-NBOMe for me seemed very similar to it's 2C-C counterpart.
25I-NBOMe, I would say this was my least favorite of the NBOMe's. The body load was very uncomfortable and ruined the experience for me.

I found 25i and 25c most similar to 2ci with more visuals and less stimulation.
But honestly I noticed no discernible differences between 25i and 25c.
It could have been similar to 2cp but I found 2cp had a different sort of visuals, but not as powerful or interesting as 2ce.
2ce has and always will be my favourite phen, if not my favourite psyche.

Can you clarify what you mean by that, particularly with reference to 2C-B and 2C-I?

Sorry, to clarify, 25B-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe were similar in body load and visual activity. I wouldn't compare either of them to 25I-NBOMe though as it was a very disagreeable chemical to me.

I would say that if the 2c compounds are psychedelic candy, then the NBOMes are enhanced psychedelic candy. All psychedelics have the ability to take you down the rabbit hole but the NBOMes maybe take you a little deeper, a little easier. My limited experience with DOx compounds (DOM, DOC) suggests that they are substantially deeper than both NBOMes and 2c compounds though.

In my experience 25c-NBOMe is not very similar to 2c-c, 25i-NBOMe is quite similar to 2c-i and 25b-NBOMe is somewhere in the middle. I've had 25n and 25d too but not the corresponding 2c compounds so I can't make a comparison.

(I also don't like 25i/2c-i)

I've tried 25i and 25c and neither one was really very introspective. 25I was just mostly euphoric eye candy, 25C was intense yet very short.

2C-E was 10X more introspective than these compounds. They will never ever compare IMO. I have heard that 25B is introspective but its also known for bad vasoconstriction. Honestly I feel that these low-safety nbome's are pretty useless when it comes to introspection and spirituality. I recently tried 20 MG's of HOT-7 (Similar to 2C-T7) and it was very intense and introspective, a little iffy on the tummy but I'm sure some ginger caps and mary would have helped that.

I wouldn't say that introspection us the only metric by which to judge the value of a psychedelic compound.

In terms of selectivity for receptors, the 25X series are much more selective for 5ht2a/c, and the "plain" 2c-x compounds have a much broader spectrum of activity.

Generally people report the 25X are less "complex" and "full bodied" than the 2C's - they are mostly eye candy. I would say they're closer to 2c-I type experiences. Of course they will produce a full blown psychedelic experience if you take enough, but most people report the depth of experience is better with drugs like 2C-E.

So another couple comments that the NBOMEs are so popular due to low cost and potency, not content? Must be the masochist in me that wants to try one just 'cause I want to see what it is like but it doesn't sound like any of them will replace the 2C family.

Then again, I'd hardly consider 2C-E and 2C-T-7 candy psychedelics so maybe the right NBOME for me just still needs to be marketed! :)

Nbome's will ruin your tolerance (for weeks) when it comes to using other pshyc's. Worthless compounds to me now.

I hope its just a "fad". I somewhat enjoyed 25C, but I hate how you can't just eat the dose... I would administer it nasally or IM which is just too much of a pain in the ass when the trip isn't better. Never wanted to even mess with trying to absorb the dose in my mouth.. seems way too unreliable.

I saw that 2C-EF was being produced... now that has me excited. Tried AL-LAD and it just BLOWS these nbome's away in "quality". Have some LSZ to try still also. Sucks whenever there is something very very cheap available people will spread them all over out of greed when real quality stuff could be spread around instead.

MGS: Maybe you're in luck, I think I've seen 25E-NBOMe and some of the 2C-T-NBOMes pop up. 25E has one loving review in it's thread, stating that it's deeper than 25C (which is not that hard), maybe these are more worthwhile than the others.

Nbome's will ruin your tolerance (for weeks) when it comes to using other pshyc's. Worthless compounds to me now.

Obviously, tripping on a bi-weekly basis is not enough :p Just kidding though, using these regularly messes with your tolerance in a weird way.

Eh, I don't get why so many people dismiss NBOMes as being nothing but eye candy. I've had several incredibly profound trips on 25I, I found it to be far deeper than 2C-I.

I'd agree with everything in that statement. 2c-i is pretty shallow. I'd say a proper recreational dose of 25i (which is one reason I don't do it anymore, because it was so hard for me to get the dose right) is pretty euphoric and not particularly mentally stable for me, but some of the too-intense experiences I've had with it have been extremely profound.

Then again, my first trip with 2c-i (20mg insufflated; totally irresponsible) was also incredibly profound, so I suppose most drugs have the potential for profundity when the dose is pushed high enough.

In my experience 25c-NBOMe is not very similar to 2c-c, 25i-NBOMe is quite similar to 2c-i and 25b-NBOMe is somewhere in the middle. ... (I also don't like 25i/2c-i)

In your experience, what is the effect intensity profile of 2C-C & 25C-NBOMe over time for a single dose?

My personal experiences with 2C-C have been that the psychedelic effects peak around t+1h and drop off quickly between t+2h and t+3h with a long tail out to t+6h during which there's not nearly as much going on but I find it difficult to sleep. 2C-B and 2C-I have more staying power for me where the effects last out to the point where I can fall asleep easily. However, I really enjoy the effects of 2C-C, so I wish it would last longer.

I've also had some profound experiences on 25i but they were NOTHING when compared to 2C-E and I went as high as 3 mg complexed before. Saying it's just eye candy is a little over-stating it I guess but I just never found the trip to be nearly as introspective as most other psych's I've experienced.

Eh, I don't get why so many people dismiss NBOMes as being nothing but eye candy. I've had several incredibly profound trips on 25I, I found it to be far deeper than 2C-I.

Oh yeah, 25i can get you out there. Actually my only ++++ has been with that material, and even though 4-Aco-DMT or LSD got me further and deeper if those are good measures, it just wasn't as profound as that one experience. Mostly discounted that as me being weird, rather than the material being profound but I guess not. Maybe I'm weird either way, but who cares? =D

slownervereaction: With what ROA?

I'll give a value of 1-100 because I'm on a mac and don't have a drawing program installed, so you'll just have to imagine a chart. Nasally 25C kicks in good (~80) within the 5-15 minutes mark, climbs to a peak within the first half hour (100) and plateaus for a bit, then drops off pretty similarly at the 2-3 hour mark (~30-40) and slowly dies out as you describe. It's the same for every NBOMe I've tried.

Sublingually the come-up is a bit slower, with first signs showing up around the 1 hour mark.

Last edited:
I've pushed things quite far with 25C, with the highest dose being 6mg insufflated, 3mg in each nostril. I have to say, once you get up into doses of that range, 25C gains a level of depth that is astounding. The visuals also become very intense, with full-on morphing of one object into something totally different. For example, a poster hanging on the wall of a female singer standing at a microphone became a human with the head of a crow smoking a cigarette on a background of a sunset over a desert.

My train of thought became extremely bizarre and free-associating, with extremely similar thought patterns to what I would experience when under a medium dose of LSD. There was also a very entactogenic quality to the experience, which reminded me very much of the feeling of aMT. The experience ran for a solid 8 hours, with effects dropping off around this point very rapidly. There was a very mild after-glow accompanied by very subtle visual effects that continued throughout the day (I had dosed at 12AM, with effects dropping off around 8AM) until I slept at around T+24.

All in all, I actually find 25C to be among my favourite psychedelics, with doses of 500μg-1mg being very mild, clear-headed, easy experiences with very mild jaw clenching as the only real outstanding body effect, all in all very well suited to social situations. On the other hand, higher doses in the range of 4mg+ have led to some very deep, profound, ego-obliterating trips with amazingly powerful visuals and deep, introspective thought processes that seem to grow and feed of eachother.

Keep in mind, I don't recommend taking doses this high. Beyond the fact that they are amazingly powerful experiences, the NBOMe series has caused several deaths, and the theraputic index is totally unknown. Furthermore, it seems that individuals vary widely in their reactions to these particular compounds, so caution is definitely in order. I worked my way up to this dose level extremely slowly, watching for signs of trouble and waiting long enough to be sure that my tolerance was at baseline before dosing again, so I could build an accurate picture of my reaction to these compounds. Anyone else should absolutely do the same before even thinking of attempting to dose at this level.

2C-E was 10X more introspective than these compounds. They will never ever compare IMO.
This 10 million times over, even though 2cp was more powerful visually, 2ce puts me in a beautiful psychedelic mindset, with a style of visuals completely unique in comparison to any psyche of tried.