• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants effective way to extract vyvanse

downerfan

Bluelighter
My friend has found a effective way to extract vyvanse, he use's a similar method shown in the first post on a thread called "Vyvanse extraction method?" On another forum,(google it),but one extra step my friend uses is he dissolves it in white vinegar and heats it up tell its fairly hot the he lets it sit for a hour and then heats it up again and lets it sit for another hour and the he runs it through a coffee filter before doing the other steps.

One thing my friend hasn't figured out is how to more "safely smoke and IV,snort it. Because the acid content. Does anyone know how to more safely do these methods of uses? He was also wondering if he could change the end substance into rock,powder form?

Vyvanse isn't simply extended-release amphetamine like Adderall XR, it's a pro-drug for amphetamine that needs to be processed by your body before it becomes active.

Meaning that you can't get an instant rush out of it no matter if you eat it or extract and plug/snort/inject it.

Also, even if you were able to liberate the amphetamine from the lysine, you still couldn't effectively smoke it - freebase amphetamine is a volatile oil, and amphetamine salts are not as effectively smokeable as methamphetamine HCl.

So basically "your friend" ingests vyvanse normally along with some vinegar. Well, "your friend" figured it out-- vyvanse extraction through digestion.

Yeah...the effort does not do anything in this regard. The placebo effect can be strong for sure though.

And like Hodor said, the active ingredient of Vyvanse needs to be metabolised, so routes of administration that bypass the first pass effect are just a waste...

Not true,the drug becomes active in the blood so if you can simulate the bloods ph level it should release quicker,and there's no way what I experienced was placebo

I meant regarding snorting or smoking.

As a prodrug the L-Lysine-dextroamphetamine needs to be converted by the liver to dextroamphetamine before it becomes active. Thus it is not like you said that it becomes active in the blood or when entering the bloodstream. It has to be converted via first pass effect. No offense but this is just the way it works.
Just enjoy your Vyvanse. No need to extract a prodrug :)

Another good example would be Tramadol which is converted to O-Desmethyltramadol. This is why the latter was synthesized and sold as a Research Chemical.
But you can not extract it out of regular Tramadol.

Yes but there is always a away otherwise they could have produced this drug in the first place if I'm not mistaken

I meant regarding snorting or smoking.

As a prodrug the L-Lysine-dextroamphetamine needs to be converted by the liver to dextroamphetamine before it becomes active. Thus it is not like you said that it becomes active in the blood or when entering the bloodstream. It has to be converted via first pass effect. No offense but this is just the way it works.
Just enjoy your Vyvanse. No need to extract a prodrug :)

Another good example would be Tramadol which is converted to O-Desmethyltramadol. This is why the latter was synthesized and sold as a Research Chemical.
But you can not extract it out of regular Tramadol.

This isnt right. LDX survives intact through the GI tract but quickly is turned into d-amp via RBCs most likely by an amnopeptidase. There is no 1st pass effect.

Not true,the drug becomes active in the blood so if you can simulate the bloods ph level it should release quicker,and there's no way what I experienced was placebo

The drug becomes active in the blood because it is being cleaved by enzymes produced by your red blood cells, not because of your blood's pH. If it was, you sure as fuck wouldn't use vinegar, which is acidic, whereas your blood is alkaline (unless you're one of the xenomorphs from "Alien").

This isnt right. LDX survives intact through the GI tract but quickly is turned into d-amp via RBCs most likely by an amnopeptidase. There is no 1st pass effect.

Oh ok, pardon me I thought it works like other prodrugs :)
Learning something new everytime here.

So you are saying that I is completely impossible,they would of had to do many tests during the creation of the drug and I'm sure that they know the way to separate the lysine from dextroamphetamine. If the human body can do it we most likely can simulate the process that the human body goes through to separate the two.

In short there are ways to turn lisdexamphetamine into dexamphetamine and there are ways to turn tramadol into Odesmethyltramadol but they are not worth the effort on a small scale when your liver can do it much more efficiently if you just eat it. If you are getting vyvanse through script just ask for strait dexamp or adderall, if you are getting it off the street then just find some dexamp or adderall.

So you are saying that I is completely impossible,they would of had to do many tests during the creation of the drug and I'm sure that they know the way to separate the lysine from dextroamphetamine. If the human body can do it we most likely can simulate the process that the human body goes through to separate the two.

Impossible? No. But it does seem to be resistant to being hydrolyzed by DPP-IV, cathepsin G, elastase, trypsin and simulated gastric and intestinal fluids in vitro. Im sure a clever chemist can figure it out, but doesnt seem likely the general public can easily do it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2898170/

First post :)..
I've been taking vyvanse (prescribed) for about 8 years and I've wasted numerous hours trying to freebase/crystallize vyvanse and other amphetamines, only to learn that in their freebase form, they're a liquid/oil (as Hodor said). That makes it quite hard to filter.. Also, the lysine in the vyvanse controls how quickly the dextroamphetamine will be processed by your body/liver, and to my knowledge, there is no way to separate the lysine, as it's chemically bonded to the dex. If I were you, I'd just look for some IR Adderall. With IR Adderall, you can crush it up and rail it, vape it, or IV it all you want. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Would the extraction that my friend said still increase the speed that it takes to activate?