• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Effective edible dose

VerbalTruist

Administrator
Staff member
What is an effective mg dose for an edible? I really do NOT want to over do it.

Then don't bother with edibles. There really is no way to dose one out appropriately. Even with tested THC amounts, 1 day a 100mg edible can floor you, the next day 100mg will feel like nothing. I guess in mg's a decent dose would be 20mg if you don't want to freak out, but even than, I had 35mg's that were better than 100mg.

half gram of good bud, i would cook 1 just to be safe , have you heard of decarboxylation ? thats baking yer herb for 45 minutes at 250 degrees
it activates the thc,
then soak in fat,

found this to work best for edibles .,.

It depends on your tolerance. The only metric I've ever heard is to eat what you'd normally smoke in 1 good session (or a day if you're a light smoker).

I'm a never smoker. Last time I smoked weed was years ago. After reading about it all I think I'll pass.

I once ate about 2 grams of hash with some fruit jam lmao then I ate as much fatty foods as I could. It was stupid but fun. It started out well but then I started having hallucinations and I was terrified.

Edibles can be tricky. I recently made a fire cracker with about .4 to .5 of LA Kush... I had fun but I was laid out. Tried to watch a film and couldn't keep my focus.

Point is, I can usually function on that dose, but I was in a new set and setting. Because of this, I was hit much harder then expected. Vaping and Combusting Cannabis is a much easier way to measure a dose.

It depends on your tolerance. The only metric I've ever heard is to eat what you'd normally smoke in 1 good session (or a day if you're a light smoker).

This sounds like a good idea to me.

You can also try to consume your dosage in multiple smaller dosages. You could bake, lets say, 10 cookies, containing the premeasured amount and then eat 2-3 to begin with and then 1 every half hour or so from there but you would probably want to wait at least 2 hours after your initial dose before you start to redose.

Oral cannabis can be fucking awesome but it can also be very intense in a "not to nice" way. Last time I did cannabis orally and was starting to come up, I remember thinking that this was a pretty nice psychedelic feel but that it would be awesome to eat a small amout of shrooms on top of it (like 1g of dried Cubensis). Less than an hour later I was like chained to my couch and it was very very close to becoming to much for me. I was smoking daily at the time so being high wasen´t new to me.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I did not take any shrooms as I diden´t have any one me at the time and would have to walk a few miles to get em´which I (thankfully) was to stoned to do but if I had them on me, then I would have taken them to and then things would have gotten out of hand for sure.

ive never had a bad time eating cannibus and ive ate alot many different ways the worst ive using your duff or vape remains it gives a lightheaded almost headache like high but who realy cares if you over do it i mean its just weed you wont die the craaaziest thing that will happen is you might trip out your eat alot and fall asleep lol probably the best thing to take to far if your going to take anything too far ;)

ive never had a bad time eating cannibus and ive ate alot many different ways the worst ive using your duff or vape remains it gives a lightheaded almost headache like high but who realy cares if you over do it i mean its just weed you wont die the craaaziest thing that will happen is you might trip out your eat alot and fall asleep lol probably the best thing to take to far if your going to take anything too far ;)

No, the worst that can happen is a severe and very long lasting anxiety/panic attack and that is absolutely horrible to go through....

I'm planning on making some edibles, have a high tolerance and need huge oral dosages.

I'm thinking about getting at least 3.5g of cannabis into each dose, decent quality stuff. It might be enough, thoughts? Any heavy dabbers switch to high dose edibles? How much did you use?

I know some people are super sensitive to edibles. I am not.

If I have an edible with 50mg thc I feel NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.

Oh christ.... so perhaps an 8th in one dose then? 8(

I can't imagine a 1g edible doing much for me.

The most in flowers I went through (when I "only smoked flowers") was 7g/day.

With a high tolerance I have the same experience of not getting much out of edibles. The highest I've bothered with was a 400mg capsule on one occasion, 2 200mg cookies on a couple others. They gave me a light buzz, very disappointing considering the cost of edibles. I smoke about a gram a day and the same weed would last at least 4 days smoked.

So if you smoke an eighth a day I can't imagine how much you'll have to consume to get good effects. Probably more than an eighth. Have you considered plugging it? It's about 5x oral bioavailability so might be worthwhile, something I've been thinking about too but I'm usually fine just smoking

Have you considered plugging it? It's about 5x oral bioavailability so might be worthwhile, something I've been thinking about too but I'm usually fine just smoking

What? No. I can't imagine plugging a cannabis extract.

Yeah the cost of edibles is insane but that's because they deliberately try to turn a hard profit on them. Way more affordable to make at home.

What? No. I can't imagine plugging a cannabis extract.

Yeah the cost of edibles is insane but that's because they deliberately try to turn a hard profit on them. Way more affordable to make at home.

If you use a solid fat it's pretty easy, but if you're averse to plugging in general obviously not a route you'd go.

At least I never paid for the edibles I wasted, but I hate to think that they could have gotten so many other people so high and I got nothing

Edibles are better for people with no tolerance.

I will just want long highs and to avoid smoking for a while.

Will be in public. Plugging is a no-go

Am I the only one on earth that can get stoned fine the good old fashioned smoking way, but have tried edibles many times.. and never felt a thing?? Please tell me I?m not the only one..

Am I the only one on earth that can get stoned fine the good old fashioned smoking way, but have tried edibles many times.. and never felt a thing?? Please tell me I?m not the only one..

I have but I need HIGH doses.

The shops normally have 25mg, 50mg, maybe 100mg THC controlled dose. Total waste of $ for what they ask for it.

I need at least 300mg to really enjoy it and I'm going to aim for 700-1000 mg with what I'm making.

I have but I need HIGH doses.

The shops normally have 25mg, 50mg, maybe 100mg THC controlled dose. Total waste of $ for what they ask for it.

I need at least 300mg to really enjoy it and I'm going to aim for 700-1000 mg with what I'm making.

Maybe I should give that a try then. I?ve tried eating edibles stone sober just to see if I notice a difference. Then 3 hrs pass and I feel nothing. So frustrating! I end up giving up and going for my trusty bong.

Maybe I should give that a try then. I?ve tried eating edibles stone sober just to see if I notice a difference. Then 3 hrs pass and I feel nothing. So frustrating! I end up giving up and going for my trusty bong.

Yeah I would too, but I can't smoke as much as I want.

The high dose edible should work well. Be careful though, it can be overwhelming around 1000mg allegedly (I always enjoy it)

Yeah I would too, but I can't smoke as much as I want.

The high dose edible should work well. Be careful though, it can be overwhelming around 1000mg allegedly (I always enjoy it)

Haha yeah I?d probably start in the 300mg range. If that doesn?t work I?ll just go higher lol!