• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe effect of MXE or DXM on suboxone Induction

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
YOu know how you have to wait 12-24 hours from you last opiate dose to start suboxone.....the longer you wait the better, to avoid precipitated withdrawals. MY question is what effects will dissociatives (dxm or MXE specifically) have on the experience?

As many ppl know, the waiting 24 hours until you are in a moderate state of withdrawal, is quite unpleasant. If you take MXE (or dxm) during this wait (I mean lower than recrational, "tripping" dosages)), can it potentially make you have to wait longer to take the sub or something?

Heres why I"M wondering....DXM and mxe both potentiate opiates, so I konw that having the dissoiative present during this waiting period can potentiate the very small amount of opiate you wtill have in your system, thus making the withdrawal symptoms less severe, but you still have the same, super small concentration of ipiate present in you that you would have had you not had any dissociatve, so maybe it would still be safe to then take your sub even though you aren't withdrawaling as hard as you normally would at that point without the dissociatve.

pharmacologically speaking, is it more about waiting until you have a small concentration of opiate present when you take your sub?...or is it more about feeling moderate to heavy withdrawal at the point where you take your sub? Because the MXE (or DXM) will make wtithdrawal symptoms less severe it can make that 24 hour wait not so bad.

The dissociative will also be potentiating the sub when you take it of course. I hope this question is clear in what I'm asking because its kind of a complicated concept the get across and probably quite complicate pharmacologically. If what I'm asking doesn't make sense I can try to pharase it another way or explain it more but I'm very tired right now so I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks for any advice experiences or input.

,x

I don't see DXM really stretching out an opiate high like that making it so you can use sub earlier. If your receptors have other opiates already attached then taking the sub will rip them off whether your on DXM or not that's my opinion I figure if the DXM actually did extend your opiate high then that would be worse cause it would still be lingering on the receptors when you take the sub you know what I mean? I think using a short acting benzo is better for the wait to induct if your one of the type of people with a slow metabolism who need to wait 24 hours. You may be onto something here but in my opinion if there's opiate making you feel well still lingering on your receptors then there is a good chance precipitated withdrawal will hit you when you try to take Suboxone. I would test it myself but I don't metabolise drugs slowly I need to dose heroin every 2-3 hours or I get sick so after 4-6 hours I'm sick enough to take my sub and I have never had precipitated withdrawal doing an induction. I never round DXM to make opiate last longer though when I did mix them. Do you find opiates last longer when you take DXM?