⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Edward Norton

i think he's overrated.

not that he's bad, he's a very good actor, but he doesn't have or hasn't shown that much range.

352gcjt.jpg

my post is all in sincerity. the man plays the same dude in every movie. shit, even brad pitt has better variety.

He is my favorite actor. He was amazing in American History X, Fight Club, and Death to Smoochy. He was great along side Robin Williams.

I've always liked Edward Norton.

I will have to check out Rounders considering a few of you have mentioned it.

And Lefty, would you say that Ed plays the same role in American History X, Fight Club and 25th Hour?

although the stories vary greatly, he generally plays all of his characters as the same jittery talking geek.

25th Hour: charismatic, cool drug dealer.
American History X: idealistic racist maniac.
Fight Club: psychotic jittery geek.

i'm talking about his mannerisms. they are basically identical in all three films. i don't mind the guy, his presence in those films serves a well planned purpose and he does it effectively. i just don't think he's shown that much acting talent.

compare russell crowe's idealistic racist maniac in romper stomper next to norton in the highly over-rated (IMO) american history x. crowe becomes the skinhead. norton is just norton with some muscles and fake tattoos. see, unlike exceptional actors, I find it very difficult to forget it is norton in front of me when I am watching his act. The only exception is in the people vs larry flynt, but that's only because i didn't know who he was when that came out.

Fair nuff.

You have a point. But I'd rather watch Norton than Crowe any day.

Charisma is more important to me than acting talent, hehe.

You know Russell Crowe played a massively jittery nerd in one of his movies.

Maybe he could play Edward Norton one day ;)