EDM; Trance, House etc

goa gil r.i.p.

Psytrance Pioneer Goa Gil Dead at 72

"Psychedelic trance DJ and producer Goa Gil — born Gilbert Levey and later taking on the name Mahant Managalanand Puri — passed away on October 26th, 8:30 pm PST after a battle with cancer.

A message on the pioneering artist’s website and Instagram confirmed the news of his death. It stated, “Dear Global Community, Words are inadequate for what we wish to communicate with you. It is with heavy hearts that we share with you news of Shri Mahant Managalanand Puri aka Goa Gil has left his worldly body in the comfort of his home.”

The message, which came with a GoFundMe page to cover “final expenses,” also stated that Gil was cared for in his final days by his family, devotees and friends. “In his final days Babaji wished to send his love and blessings to all and wanted to thank everyone for the love and support he has received over the years. He was at peace and was ready for his onward journey. We thank you for your respect and support during this sensitive period.”

In February this year, Gil moved to California to undergo treatment for high-grade B Cell lymphoma, starting on a four-and-a-half month process of chemotherapy and canceling all his tour dates for 2023. Within two months of remission in late June, his “cancer returned at an alarmingly aggressive rate,” according to a post on the GoFundMe page. Further health complications prevented doctors from carrying out any surgery or resuming chemotherapy. Over the last 10 days, Gil spent his last days at home in California, surrounded by loved ones.

A practitioner of yoga and psychedelic culture all his life, Goa Gil was born in California and was first part of the counterculture, hippie movement in he Sixties in the West Coast. He eventually moved to Amsterdam and then to Goa, which was a hippie haven in the Eighties. Since then, Goa Gil’s style of electronic music contributed to creating the Goa trance movement, famously performing for up to 24 hour-sets and pushing psytrance all around the world, including India.
"

alasdair

goa gil r.i.p.

Psytrance Pioneer Goa Gil Dead at 72

"Psychedelic trance DJ and producer Goa Gil — born Gilbert Levey and later taking on the name Mahant Managalanand Puri — passed away on October 26th, 8:30 pm PST after a battle with cancer.

A message on the pioneering artist’s website and Instagram confirmed the news of his death. It stated, “Dear Global Community, Words are inadequate for what we wish to communicate with you. It is with heavy hearts that we share with you news of Shri Mahant Managalanand Puri aka Goa Gil has left his worldly body in the comfort of his home.”

The message, which came with a GoFundMe page to cover “final expenses,” also stated that Gil was cared for in his final days by his family, devotees and friends. “In his final days Babaji wished to send his love and blessings to all and wanted to thank everyone for the love and support he has received over the years. He was at peace and was ready for his onward journey. We thank you for your respect and support during this sensitive period.”

In February this year, Gil moved to California to undergo treatment for high-grade B Cell lymphoma, starting on a four-and-a-half month process of chemotherapy and canceling all his tour dates for 2023. Within two months of remission in late June, his “cancer returned at an alarmingly aggressive rate,” according to a post on the GoFundMe page. Further health complications prevented doctors from carrying out any surgery or resuming chemotherapy. Over the last 10 days, Gil spent his last days at home in California, surrounded by loved ones.

A practitioner of yoga and psychedelic culture all his life, Goa Gil was born in California and was first part of the counterculture, hippie movement in he Sixties in the West Coast. He eventually moved to Amsterdam and then to Goa, which was a hippie haven in the Eighties. Since then, Goa Gil’s style of electronic music contributed to creating the Goa trance movement, famously performing for up to 24 hour-sets and pushing psytrance all around the world, including India.
"

alasdair
I was praying for his healing after reading about his hospital visit first time ever I was thinking of hey what parties could I see him at which got cancelled did not know he was in hospice thankfully he passed calmly

Recently on my hardest trips I find his free to play Sea Lion Collective offerings on Bandcamp provide so much solace in the psychedelic maelstrom of my fractured being

Excuse me *Sealion. Xexify Records

Last edited:
NASA's Parker Solar Probe is set to reach 430,000 mph next year as it gets closer and closer to the sun circling the corona or however rocket science defines it

When I read that I thought oh neat how far out there man let me listen to this oldie

Also about ancient floods on Mars moving boulders

I guess I want to go to outerspace today forget my issues I suppose spacey trance is a good soundtrack for such an attempt can only afford a psychotropic inner space vehicle to ride on however

Last edited: