• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles Edibles vs smoking joints?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
Ive been a heavy user of cannabis for over 15years.
Ive mostly smoked hash or weed in joints with tobacco.
Ive tried alot of different forms of the herb.
But for some reason i never really did edibles often.
Probably because the dosing can be quite Hard when you havent done it much.

But in the last years ive finally accepted that for me its the superior way.

Ive started cooking premium hash with olive and coconut oil.
Tinkered with the dosage so i can take it daily and have great effects.

I only dose high about 2-3 times per week att most.
So my tolerance doesnt build much.
Sometimes i take a few puffs of my dab vape.

The biggest difference is that smoked cannabis really messes up My cognition and motivation.

But edibles at the right dose only gives me anxiety relief and a very nice body high.

It just feels alot more medicinal and less drugy.

A huge detail is that i only use good hash from marocco or similar.
When i have used high grade weed i can get insane paranoia if i eat to much.
Maybe its more thc/cbd or that alot of weed is at least 30-50% sativa.

Whereas the hash i get is very mellow on the mind.
Ive even heard Rick Simpson say that he prefers good tradional hash to high grade hybrids.

sounds like you have a very nice solution.
I still have some bubble hash and hope one day to smoke it, but am at the edible phase to prevent throat or lung effects -
So instead of making my own from the few grams of nice bubble hash,
I am using XMG drops or Yawn drops that are standardized - I know the effects pretty much and I can duplicate it with 1mg thc for 2 drops
my single tokes of hash were 5mg THC so that is 10 drops
these Ontario Cannabis Store products have the unique feature of fast absorption since they are water soluble - not quite as fast as smoking but in 20 mins you have a high like the 5 min after smoking and it builds from there.
the dose I use is about the same in mg of THC as what I was smoking, but the smoking experience, while shorter duration, was more manic.
same CEV and sensual enhancements - munchies

i have to smoke, edibles do absolutely nothing for me. tried edibles in every shape or form out there and nothing. i quit at 1000 mg dose. even mushrooms don't work. i really wish i could get edibles to work looks like a fun time.

water soluble edibles are not the same as regular edibles: smoking seems instant, water soluble is slightly delayed, while regular edibles come on very slowly.

Edibles or eating hashish either heated plain or cooking marijuana or extracting the THC in food, does come on slowly.

I had once previously eaten a low dose of leftover Moroccan hashish I had smoked and it was perfect. Then I made the newbie mistake of thinking that the 0.25g of marijuana I ate in firecrackers made with cheese was not working and it was not the best pot back in the 1990s and ate 3.5 grams of it and got super high. I am glad I was not driving, was at home alone, and my parents were not home. It was very psychedelic almost like tripping on a low dose of Psilocybin mushrooms with slight OEVs/CEVs, and I got horrible stomach cramps and forgot I had taken drugs, and was so stoned I thought I was going to pass out or black out.

If you have vaped pot or hash before eating it is like that but eating it produces more body load, but I have never eaten pure THC.

It usually takes around 2 hours for me before edibles kick in. But once they do, if they're properly made and the dosage is right, it feels more like candy-flipping than cannabis to me. And it lasts like 8-10 hours, where I'm absolutely smashed.

Definitely prefer it over smoking.

It usually takes around 2 hours for me before edibles kick in. But once they do, if they're properly made and the dosage is right, it feels more like candy-flipping than cannabis to me. And it lasts like 8-10 hours, where I'm absolutely smashed.

Definitely prefer it over smoking.
I noticed a similar sort of vibe last night. I had half a very strong brownie then smoked on some Gorilla Glue and later had a hit of black hash. It was actually visual in a minor way, which I rarely ever get from cannabis. Great vibe!

I noticed a similar sort of vibe last night. I had half a very strong brownie then smoked on some Gorilla Glue and later had a hit of black hash. It was actually visual in a minor way, which I rarely ever get from cannabis. Great vibe!
Yeah, same here. Edibles has a psychedelic component that smoking doesn't IMO. I gotta make me some brownies soon.

Yeah, same here. Edibles has a psychedelic component that smoking doesn't IMO. I gotta make me some brownies soon.
My GF has mentioned similar things since we started trying edibles this year. Expecting some new Sativa heavy lollies from a mate soon!

My GF has mentioned similar things since we started trying edibles this year. Expecting some new Sativa heavy lollies from a mate soon!
Sweet! Hit us up with a line or two how they were. I seldom use weed for edibles, mostly hash. I prefer that flavor over weed.

Sweet! Hit us up with a line or two how they were. I seldom use weed for edibles, mostly hash. I prefer that flavor over weed.
Will do! I've actually been smoking a bit of hash recently. Harsh on the lungs but I do enjoy the flavour and the hard hit. It's like instant relaxation.

Edibles are a strong contender for those with medical issues that may not be able to partake in smoking or vaping. Some people are just not interested in smoking weed. And that’s okay. It’s not for everyone! Edibles, tinctures, isolated powders, even pills are the ways to safely consume cannabis are multiplying by the day. So yeah I prefer edibles than smoking.

I like smoking and vaping but these water soluble drops are amazing. I'm putting ~15 mg in a dealcoholized IPA and I feel like a human being rather than a dialysis patient.

They are now making gummies with this water soluble formulation; called Wana Quick Gummies. Pricey, but having a gummy hit in 5-10 minutes is nice.

Tom

gummies, not dummies (Mac autocorrect)

Last edited:
Idk how people don’t get tolerance to edibles, I sure do.. Smoking bud though I don’t, strange.

-GC

the smoke hit is different because it actually affects the lungs - every time. this is not the thc effect, rather it is a sticky load effect on the tissues. it totally intensifies smoked cannabis or smoked anything. I do not find it alluring to smoke any more.

it always feels like I damaged myself

I love edibles but the issue I always have is keeping my tolerance down. If I'm just vaping/smoking I find it pretty easy to taper down when things start getting silly (I don't do full tolerance breaks anymore, insomnia is a deal breaker for me and that's the main reason I smoke daily). Consequently, I rarely indulge. If I was a once a week smoker then things would likely be different.

There's also something tactile about that first joint/bowl after work and the immediate relief I feel, like the stress is just melting away from my mind and body with each breath I take. You just don't get that waiting 90 minutes for an edible to kick in.

All that said, my ABV bag is starting to get full so I'm gonna have to find something to do with all the dregs soon:D

Interesting and nice points.

Edibles give me horrible anxiety alone if I eat a strong amount whereas smoking never does unless I had a strong trip within the last week of tripping without much THC tolerance