• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles Health Risks

Chronic Asshole

Bluelighter
So I've stopped smoking weed in favour of eating it in the form of cookies (chronic tonsil infection recurs every time I try smoking). Have been doing this almost every day for about the past 2 months. A friend of mine told me this really isn't good and that there is a risk of liver damage from eating opposed to smoking. I haven't been able to find any literature on the subject to confirm this. What do you say bluelight? Is my liver going to be fucked? Link me some studies on the topic if possible. Thanks.

I've always heard that edibles are the healthiest way to do weed so unless someone else can back up what your friend told you I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Never heard of that. Only health problem I've had from edibles is their tendency to cause dehyrdration but that can be remedied by drinking water.

Respectfully your friend doesn't know crap. You're okay with edibles. One of my doctors recommened oral consumption of Cannabis as opposed to smoking or vaping 3g/day.

I'm currently using edibles 3-4 days a week.

Tom

I've been eating cookies daily all summer up to 450mg daily. Im not dead. Your friend is misinformed.

the difference between eating and smoking is you would make yourself pass out from smoking well before you consume too much but it's easily possible to consume way more in edibles form than is technically good for your sanity but i haven't seen any evidence to suggest it's more harmful to the liver than drinking water.

I've been using for 5 years daily, edible daily for the last 2 years, I rarely smoke or vap. Chocolates and weed infused cream puffs were fun for a while but eventually I just settled on an olive oil. I've decreased my daily use this year from 500mg to 250mg with improved results. I do have liver issues, I also have 20ish years of alcoholism so my liver has seen abuse. It hasn't progressed this year but my doctor has expressed concerns. He's a doctor not a serious medical study.

For me, it's a decision that the improvements in health from marijuana use is worth the risks. Each person responds differently, largely dependant on your metabolism. Talk with your doctor about your concerns, if you are lucky enough to live in a place that has come out of the dark ages.

Your baker; I'm using the sunflower/cannabis oils from one of the Health Canada LP's. So far it's a success for insomnia (about 180 mg of an Indica oil will put me down). I'm also using a Sativa oil for arthritis, but am all over the eff'n map trying to find a good dose. Right now, 120mg works, but I'm way too fried to do anything constructive and I sure as hell couldn't drive. But yah, edibles are fantastic for making you stay asleep.

Tom

Your baker; I'm using the sunflower/cannabis oils from one of the Health Canada LP's. So far it's a success for insomnia (about 180 mg of an Indica oil will put me down). I'm also using a Sativa oil for arthritis, but am all over the eff'n map trying to find a good dose. Right now, 120mg works, but I'm way too fried to do anything constructive and I sure as hell couldn't drive. But yah, edibles are fantastic for making you stay asleep.

Tom
for day time edibles, I like to keep the dose really low and supplement with vape/smoking. Maybe try 60mg to get a baseline thats functional and smoke abit as needed?

or spread it out... instead of 120mg, do 30mg four times (or 50, 40, 20, 20) throughout the day.

for day time edibles, I like to keep the dose really low and supplement with vape/smoking. Maybe try 60mg to get a baseline thats functional and smoke abit as needed?

or spread it out... instead of 120mg, do 30mg four times (or 50, 40, 20, 20) throughout the day.

This has become exactly my regular routine now. 50 MG in the morning, 6 hours til 30mg and 6-8 hours til 150mg and sleep. So I'm a bit under 250mg. I occasionally remember dreams now and short term memory issues are almost non existent.

I'm a bit opposite of you Tom, I use an oil that makes me clean my house and work on projects, but my issue was ADHD and as I was aging it was getting worse. The drop in testosterone somewhere in my late 40's had nearly depleted any dopamine production in my brain, the higher doses of thc in my early days kinda kick started my natural chemistry so I've been reducing my use slowly since then. The thought that some day I may be able to use weed recreationaly again is a huge carrot to look forward to.