• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles for opiate wd

Invisible Helper

Bluelighter
Any experience with this? Cause with smoking it I've been smoking for 6 years daily I'm 22 and it helps while withdrawals but it wears off in 10-15 minutes literally the peak of cannabis is the amount you need to feel to feel just barely sort of okay ... And honestly after 3 hours of doing 5-6 seshes leaving the house or even going to the balcony starts getting annoying and hurting my lungs . With edibles it's kicking as I speak in withdrawals and it feels like a xanax almost in my muscles relaxing and the anxiety of desparetness goes away a lot. Anyone else experience this? And I've been taking benzos for the last 5 days straight today not and I'm fine with this

yeah man :) stick to the herb and things will be ok. plant medicine best medicine!

IME, not much will help with WDs besides food, sleep, exercise(after the first few days of recovery) and comfort from friends and family. Weed helped a little bit but wouldn't last long- or at least not the positive effects and the negative seemed to multiply. Some say it makes the WDs worse, so I would suggest taking it easy and moderate if at all.

I never tried edibles personally, just switched to wax but I did have a friend get off pills not long ago and was eating retarded amounts of edibles so tbh I'm not sure if making edibles will really help, but everyone is different and if it is your only option it might be worth a try. The biggest things that will speed up recovery time are staying sober, eating well, sleeping and getting some exercise. Don't lock yourself in your room for too long, remember to go out and enjoy the sunlight.

just a heads up, CBD is apparently a mu- and delta-opioid allosteric modulator, which might be the contributing factor in helping wd symptoms (this is just my speculation though). so I'd recommend to get a strain with a high CBD/THC ratio, if that's possible where you live.

greets :)

edit: as mafioso said, exercise is also very important, as it will lead to production of endorphines.

hey actually i just remembered after reading bagseeds post that my friend gave me some pure cbd caps one of the times I was going through oxy wd. He also gave me some high thc caps but those would make me feel worse sometimes if they hit me too hard. The pure cbd was nice because if I took too much I would just get really relaxed and sleepy, usually just end up falling asleep.

but yeah, like I said before watch out for too much THC, could amplify paranoia and uncomfortable thoughts/feelings. Try to sleep as much as possible the first few days. Mild benzos are nice if you don't have a problem with them already.. probably best to stay away though ime. Benzo addiction is just as bad as opiate addiction imo. Beyond that, try to make little improvements each day. Slowly try to return back to normal life as trying to pick up exactly where you left off might be a bit overwhelming at first. You didn't become a full blown addict over night and you don't get off them over night either. It's a process. Above all try to stay positive and focused on what tomorrow might bring, how you can progress, heal, and move your life forward. Develop habits that will keep you from making the same mistake again.

No matter what, don't give up. I don't believe anyone is just an "addict" per say. People have addictions and bad habits, but people also have the ability to learn, grow and change. You have taken the first and perhaps the hardest step which is realizing and admitting to yourself that you need to change some habits.

Hang in there, I hope you follow through on this one, you will thank yourself later.

yeah man :) stick to the herb and things will be ok. plant medicine best medicine!

I hate to be that guy, but opium is also a "plant medicine". So he should eat some opium, i am sure his withdrawals will clear right up :D

Hey guys ya CBD has helped and I live 2 exits from dispensary world (Los Angeles near Ventura Blvd ) weed maps it and tell me what you see lol. Anyways ya but CBD is expensive compared to the relief from benzos and man I swear I agree with the theory that they affect the mu receptor somehow , when I ate very high dose it was early into my opi addiction well 6 months into it smoking shooting 3 months I ate 3 bannana breads and it made me completely well like subuxone would I meditated on the bed but now WD is worse it's been 2 years since that :/ I'm smoking now bought a new bong just for kicking cause pipe high hurts lungs and doesn't do the trick .

And lol at the opium statement , I used to be the naturals is good for you guy and thought about what a cleric/healer in the early like 1000 years BC said "its better to feel the pain of the injury or illness than to be bound to eating the plant it'll make a warrior into a slave"

while I have to agree that some of the worst drugs are plant based(opium and cocaine, could even argue alcohol), I think what thujone was getting as was the simple fact that there is a big difference in terms of addiction and consequence of addiction when you compare weed and almost any other drug. There are side effects to everything, but no one loses control of their bowels and starts having seizures because they quit smoking pot. lol

I'm actually WD right now ive been eating 50mg thc edibles 2 times a day along with pure CBD and it honestly helps me a lot.

Cannabis in general, preferably In Every form, helped SWIM through his WDs and it was brutal for about 3 weeks. Pujed about 400 times. Didn't eat a bite of food for the whole 3/weeks. Could barely keep water down. Just lots of bud and some loving people to help you and who will understand. Good luck brother. You can do it.