• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles for kicking Benzos

Jonnyboy369

Bluelighter
I have been dealing with a nasty Benzo addiction the last 6 months, I screwed up alot of things jobs, etc, friends, it has been bad..I got into them to curb my way too heavy alcohol intake. Anyway, I quit them and I've been feeling like shit. I can't drink or take pills anymore unless I wanna be a complete loser. I wish I could smoke pot but it creates awful anxiety. Last night, I needed some relief though. I cooked up a little cannabutter and made one caramel, I read a tutorial to do it correctly. I ate it, and it was a godsend. Its not like smoking weed at all, it gave me the body high I loved from the benzos, and had amazing painkiller properties I have a pretty damaged arm that hurts alot and I couldn't feel it at all. Anyway, I've heard people say they don't like edibles because it's really lethargic and long lasting, I loved that though it was just like benzos in that aspect. Not only this, I actually felt not depressed for about 10 hours. I crawled out of bed after 10 hours of luxurious sleep, and it was fantastic. I live in a state where pot is legal, but only edibles can be sold to medical patients. I was planning on going to rehab over these pills, but honestly if I could just use these from now on I think I would be set. I loved the heavy lethargic pot buzz of these edibles, it is exactly why I took the benzos but these had no ill effects other than being pretty sleepy in the morning...

It seems like a good idea on paper, just keep in mind that certain cannabinoids have the potential to lower your seizure threshold.

Also, benzos need to be tapered if you've been on them daily for any significant amount of time (more than 2-3 weeks), otherwise the withdrawal can be nightmarish and sometimes deadly. Taper down benzos using the Ashton Manual if you have a physical benzo dependence, and use marijuana concurrently to abate symptoms stemming from benzo dosage drops.

Thank you arecgic, I have however tapered the benzos out of my system they are gone. I don't wanna return to them and these edibles seem like a great replacement

Edibles would have me reaching for some bars if I overdid it.

Edibles are way too hard to dose properly due to how long they take to kick in.

I smoke weed with good effects but I make sure I dose properly. Edibles have me thinking too much.

Cannabis effects everyone differently but for me edibles would have the opposite of the effect you want.

Consider a vaporizer if anything.