• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles Addiction

Jamaican Junkie

Greenlighter
I know that mental addiction to smoking weed is not uncommon. Even Hash and BHO dabs can be addictive. But does anybody know anyone or has personally ever been addicted to edibles.

I know one person who is addicted to doing edibles. The guy is a hardcore tripper so it's not really overpowering for him but I find it odd. My friend said it lessens in intensity, but he likes long highs (he loves nutmeg). He claims when he eats it, it is like a weed buzz that lasts 6-8 hours. He said he has to eat edibles at least 3 times a week. He's been doing this for 3 years+.

I've met alot of potheads over my time and never met anyone addicted to eating cookies or edibles every day, several times a day and night.

Bongs, joints, vapes yes, edibles no. That's my experience dealing with people who use alot of cannabis tho.

Yeah i've never met anyone addicted to edibles. Its just that the reward you get from smoking/vaping is almost instant and very easy to get, just put a bit (or a lot) of weed in a pipe/bong/joint/vape and consume, you're high in less than 1 min. Your brain likes that. Want to get high... done!
With edibles you need to make them before, and after you take them you still have to wait sometimes more than 1h to get high.
Also smoking/vaping is a very good way to get the dose you want, if its not enough just smoke a little more and if you feel like its too much just stop smoking and you won't get any higher.
I think that if you're addicted to weed your primary ROA its more likely to be inhalation

What makes you think he's addicted? Maybe he just likes it.

He said so himself. I don't understand how you can become addicted to edible. Recently we made cannabutter out of a Q (in the UK 3.5-5 grams) of Kush, I was insanely high for about 36 hours, he felt that same high for half a day, he took some nutmeg to extend it. The best I can explain it is he probably likes been high for extended periods of time. I was at his house yesterday and he had a whole tub with hash brownies, he can't go a week without them. I can't make sense of it...