• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

EDC soon and I wanna roll but......

memogarcia2007

Greenlighter
Hey guys so Saturday that passed I had a slight four wheeling accident I had a slight concussion but mri an ct scan shows I'm fine my headache has progressively gone away an I will be going to edc las vegas on June 20th my question is two parts actually......1. Is it dangerous to roll? And 2. Is it safer to drink a little or roll a little I just don't wanna be the only super sober one you know:( I've read some posts but no real straight answers plzzzz help

You're damn right about that concussion, mentioning EDC here in conjunction with rolling...

If the MRI scan says you're fine, and you feel fine, then chances are you'll be fine.

MRI do NOT SHOW concussion.

But it does show if any neurological impairment has occurred. So, if it comes back as perfectly normal, then you can assume that your brain will be just as it was before you had the temporary concussion.

But it does show if any neurological impairment has occurred. So, if it comes back as perfectly normal, then you can assume that your brain will be just as it was before you had the temporary concussion.

What's a "temporary concussion"!!! Sorry this is my line of work. I have patients that have slight symptoms of concussion that lasts over a year and I also have patients that have extreme problems for a week or two then are fine. All I'm saying is that just bc MRI is ok does not mean everything's ok. This specific injury, concussion, is very different then major physiological trama. It deals with imbalances of various chemicals in the brain. Not saying OP is or should be concerned. I just wanna spread the most up to date information regarding this injury. It effects everyone VERY differently.

What's a "temporary concussion"!!! Sorry this is my line of work. I have patients that have slight symptoms of concussion that lasts over a year and I also have patients that have extreme problems for a week or two then are fine. All I'm saying is that just bc MRI is ok does not mean everything's ok. This specific injury, concussion, is very different then major physiological trama. It deals with imbalances of various chemicals in the brain. Not saying OP is or should be concerned. I just wanna spread the most up to date information regarding this injury. It effects everyone VERY differently.

Even so, what's to suggest that concussion will effect MDMA?

Concussion is just another word for bruising of the brain. Bruising may involve many minor blood clots that dissipate in time.
Depending on the severity of the original concussion I would say do not indulge in rolling for anything from 2 to 6 weeks.
My guess is that you will roll anyway, but be aware that you might not feel too good.
I did this once 6 weeks after severe concussion (thank you our police force) but vomited several times at the end of the roll.

The word concussion actually mean "to shake violently" in Latin. Most concussions are the result of blunt force trama, but in theory one can recieve a concussion from a violent turning or shaking of the head. Most research is showing concussion to equate to the imbalance of concentration in the sodium potassium pump in the nerve axons. It's not necessarily a "bruise" to the brain but more so an imbalance in a specific region. To clinically diagnosis a concussion. It's more of a symptomatic approach.."when I do X (watch tv, look up, around loud noises etc), I have my symptoms increase" (headache, nausea, vomiting etc). Further more, some people response and triggers can be very specific. For example, some of my patients are fine with loud noise but sudden movement in a car is horrible. Everybody responds different. So get get off my box, just be careful. Usually things that increase blood pressure will trigger symptoms. I'm sure rolling at EDC may crank up your BP..just a little :)