• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy Misinformation

I've heard that eating too much MDMA, enough for an OD, will make you throw up and just reject the MDMA, causing no harm at all. Is there any truth in that, or is it just a myth?

My friends boyfriend did 40 pills in 3 hours, apparently he said they were good pills too so, hes a pretty big guy. As stupid as this sounds i did 15 pills over like 15 hours, i felt fine aside from being really tired but i wouldn't do it again or recommend it

I've heard that eating too much MDMA, enough for an OD, will make you throw up and just reject the MDMA, causing no harm at all. Is there any truth in that, or is it just a myth?

when i was a teenager I turned a friend on to MDMA, he was still a noob when he decided to eat 8 pills at once, he threw-up and became very paranoid and started acting strangely. He is still damaged over 15 years later. He as severe paranoid delusions, severe OCD and other mental problems. I will NEVER EVER turn someone onto E again who doesn't already do it, or that i think can handle it. The same guy had a problem with coke before so i should have known he had strong impulses he couldn't control. So yeah I think you can OD on smallish amounts, it might not kill you but you will become damaged.

To the people saying they ate 10-15+ in a night, you are experienced, I am sure you have developed tolerance to it, this makes the dose needed to kill you a lot higher.

I have no idea how you guys manage it. The most I've ever taken in a night is three, and that still leaves me drained. Then again, I wouldn't at all call myself "experienced".

Also, my body happens to be pretty sensitive to drugs in general, so I guess that has to do with it.

Not true. I've seen quite a few medical reports of people fatally overdosing from eating too many pills. Throwing up is indeed your body's first line of defense against poisoning, so you may throw up, and it may reduce how much of the drug your body absorbs, but there's no guarantee that you won't still have absorbed a fatal dose.

He is still damaged over 15 years later. He as severe paranoid delusions, severe OCD and other mental problems.

I suspect he wasn't entirely psychologically healthy to begin with (it's extraordinary to have THAT bad a reaction), but there's every reason to think that a traumatic experience with MDMA (or other drug) can be a triggering or worsening factor in serious mental illness. Fear reactions (anxiety, paranoia) can be amazingly self-reinforcing, giving them a life of their own long after the original traumatic event (violent crime, drug overdose, etc.) has passed.

I've never consumed a particularly large amount, but there was one time that I had stupidly done a multitude of things to make the roll harder... I had just smoked a shit ton of weed with my friends, then a cigarette, and then put some menthol chapstick on (lol)... once I got back to the room, the weed started setting in, the nicotine high as well, and, lucky me, the second pill I had taken that night was just peaking.

I started tearing my clothing off, because I was getting so hot, and I'm pretty sure my heart was beating pretty fast too, but in all honesty, I can't remember. My mind started racing like crazy, and all I could think about was how much it hurt to simply be conscious, how afraid I was of what was going on in my head, etc etc etc. It felt like my brain was going to explode. I could barely manage to look at my friend across the room and quietly say "I think I'm going to pass out." Luckily, I didn't, but I did start sweating buckets. My friends were shocked at just how much water was pouring out of me. My clothes were literally dampened in a matter of seconds. That was when I was the most out of it. My friend asked me if I wanted someone to talk to me, and for once in my life, I said "no" because simply having to process the words seemed like an unbearable task at the moment. Then I started coming back down, and started vomiting, and was fine after that. But I can still clearly remember just how miserable I was.

Honestly, that sounds like it had more to do with the weed than MDMA. I can't smoke because 50% of the time (without any other drugs or anything) I'll get severe anxiety and think major things are wrong with my body. My mind will race and jump from dark thought to dark thought and I'll sweat like crazy. The one time I smoked while coming down from MDMA I started forgetting all about the great night I had and I was freaking out inside my head. MDMA and weed can be a bad mix sometimes for some people.

Back OT, I've never gotten close to the LD50 (most I've ever taken in a night was 4 pills) but I do have friends with high tolerances that would take 7-8 in a night and... just by looking at them, I don't think I ever want to be that high. Between those that were just out of their mind high and those who didn't feel anything until their 5th pill... no thanks.

I suspect he wasn't entirely psychologically healthy to begin with (it's extraordinary to have THAT bad a reaction), but there's every reason to think that a traumatic experience with MDMA (or other drug) can be a triggering or worsening factor in serious mental illness. Fear reactions (anxiety, paranoia) can be amazingly self-reinforcing, giving them a life of their own long after the original traumatic event (violent crime, drug overdose, etc.) has passed.

He was not, he had pretty bad OCD, and his father was a paranoid schizophrenic, so I am sure it was only a matter of time and he just helped it along. He is still affected just not as much as he was right after it happened. Actually just recently he got into a fight with his girlfriend, borrowed his dad's car and went out and got drunk. He showed up at his girlfriends work with an opened 40. He argued with her there for a bit then smashed the half-full bottle on the floor and stormed out. Not sure how fast he was going but he totaled the car then stabbed himself in the heart in an attempt at suicide. He tried to remove the knife but it was slippery with his blood and he was weak. He went to ICU and eventually recovered physically. They said had he succeeded in removing the knife he would have bled to death before medics arrived. He is in terrible shape mentally, and I know he had these problems just under the surface and the MDMA only helped to bring it out, but I still can't help but feel guilty for giving him the first pill of many that would eventually take away his sanity.

He has a lot of paranoid delusions, he will not be caught dead outside after dark, when he is out after dark he claims to see people stalking him; they duck behind things just as he looks at them, like he is always seeing them just as they duck behind something, he doesn't see a full form but is convinced someone just hid behind the wall or under the car etc.

He finds meaning in things where there is none and believes he is a part of this large conspiracy that is centered on him, as if the world is constructed for his benefit or demise. I was once at his home before he went away for a while to live with his brother in Alaska. He believed that if he moved to where no one knew him his conspiracy driven events would stop occurring. I was on his front step with him and some people in his apartment complex were coming in from obviously being out drinking and partying. They saw us out (well me because it was dark he wouldn't come outside) on the front step and started hooting and hollering and waving at us. This set him off he started drilling me about who i told i was coming over and why those people were waving and hooting at us. It's like he has no concept of random events coinciding with his life and those around him.

tl;dr
What I meant to articulate in this long drawn out post was that; I believe you are correct that he was already unstable and that the trauma of an overly-intense/near overdose level of MDMA brought out all of his psychosis. Simply put; MDMA like all hard drugs is not to be taking carelessly or foolishly, if not used in the proper circumstances it can be life altering in a negative way.

MDMA like all hard drugs is not to be taking carelessly or foolishly, if not used in the proper circumstances it can be life altering in a negative way.

Agreed!

That said, safety in mind, pill testing is the smartest way to stay alive. Without testing, one can't even begin to know what other random assortment of chemicals has been thrown into the mix, or if the pill is even MDMA at all. This makes determining what the 'magic number' of pills you can take before overdosing virtually impossible, no matter what the LD50 for MDMA is.

Most people forget that when you take 'ecstasy', you're not just taking MDMA.. you could be taking MDA, MDE, DXM, BZP, AMT, meth, coke, K, and so on. A person could eat 10 pills at a party and feel amazing with no immediate consequence, then a week later take even one pill containing some other substance(s) causing a bad reaction and potentially sickening or even killing the user.

I'm a strong advocate for testing your pills before you take them. Rolling is supposed to be an enjoyable experience, otherwise they would call it 'Agony' instead of ecstasy. >.>

Agreed!
I'm a strong advocate for testing your pills before you take them. Rolling is supposed to be an enjoyable experience, otherwise they would call it 'Agony' instead of ecstasy. >.>

Seconded. Wasting a couple of bucks, not dropping, and being a little bummed out > taking a bunch of unwanted chemicals that you're gonna regret for <x> time afterwards.

It can always be a movie night, right?

I am also a strong advocate to pill testing, I personally buy a new kit every year. And link to testing kit suppliers when ever it seems relevant.

The bolded part couldn't be more true!

www.eztest.com
www.dancesafe.org

Hi... I'm sorry to be such a nudge, but the ecstacy info page has still NOT been edited, and it's been quite a while. I feel like that's quite an important issue. Will someone get on top of that?

He was not, he had pretty bad OCD, and his father was a paranoid schizophrenic, so I am sure it was only a matter of time and he just helped it along. He is still affected just not as much as he was right after it happened. Actually just recently he got into a fight with his girlfriend, borrowed his dad's car and went out and got drunk. He showed up at his girlfriends work with an opened 40. He argued with her there for a bit then smashed the half-full bottle on the floor and stormed out. Not sure how fast he was going but he totaled the car then stabbed himself in the heart in an attempt at suicide. He tried to remove the knife but it was slippery with his blood and he was weak. He went to ICU and eventually recovered physically. They said had he succeeded in removing the knife he would have bled to death before medics arrived. He is in terrible shape mentally, and I know he had these problems just under the surface and the MDMA only helped to bring it out, but I still can't help but feel guilty for giving him the first pill of many that would eventually take away his sanity.

He has a lot of paranoid delusions, he will not be caught dead outside after dark, when he is out after dark he claims to see people stalking him; they duck behind things just as he looks at them, like he is always seeing them just as they duck behind something, he doesn't see a full form but is convinced someone just hid behind the wall or under the car etc.

He finds meaning in things where there is none and believes he is a part of this large conspiracy that is centered on him, as if the world is constructed for his benefit or demise. I was once at his home before he went away for a while to live with his brother in Alaska. He believed that if he moved to where no one knew him his conspiracy driven events would stop occurring. I was on his front step with him and some people in his apartment complex were coming in from obviously being out drinking and partying. They saw us out (well me because it was dark he wouldn't come outside) on the front step and started hooting and hollering and waving at us. This set him off he started drilling me about who i told i was coming over and why those people were waving and hooting at us. It's like he has no concept of random events coinciding with his life and those around him.

tl;dr
What I meant to articulate in this long drawn out post was that; I believe you are correct that he was already unstable and that the trauma of an overly-intense/near overdose level of MDMA brought out all of his psychosis. Simply put; MDMA like all hard drugs is not to be taking carelessly or foolishly, if not used in the proper circumstances it can be life altering in a negative way.
Come on man you sound absolutely ridiculous! You just stated “MDMA, like all hard core drugs is not to be taking carelessly or foolishly, if not used in the proper circumstances it can be life altering in a negative way”. OK first off, what is the “proper” way to use illicit drugs?????? There is no possible way to take ILLEGAL drugs in “proper circumstances”. Simply put, the only way to properly use MDMA in ANY circumstance—- is to not touch it at all. How old are you??? Get off this blog before you ###### kill somebody for leading them to believe there are proper non life threatening guidelines for ingesting street drugs——- that you have absolutely no way in telling what substance is is and it cut with. Idiot.

Come on man you sound absolutely ridiculous! You just stated “MDMA, like all hard core drugs is not to be taking carelessly or foolishly, if not used in the proper circumstances it can be life altering in a negative way”. OK first off, what is the “proper” way to use illicit drugs?????? There is no possible way to take ILLEGAL drugs in “proper circumstances”. Simply put, the only way to properly use MDMA in ANY circumstance—- is to not touch it at all. How old are you??? Get off this blog before you ###### kill somebody for leading them to believe there are proper non life threatening guidelines for ingesting street drugs——- that you have absolutely no way in telling what substance is is and it cut with. Idiot.
why are you commenting on a 10 years old thread? Plus MDMA is a substance that if not used sparingly(3-4times a year MAX) you can get yourself into trouble. Excruciating depression, anxiety, brain zaps, etc. Please get your facts straight before you comment on this matter. Abusing MDMA is no joke, it's a very beautiful substance if used correctly or it could be a fucking nightmare if you abuse it.

what is the “proper” way to use illicit drugs?????? There is no possible way to take ILLEGAL drugs in “proper circumstances”

The entire reason this site exists is to provide answers to that question. Using drugs does present a risk, but so does crossing the street, driving a car, or exerting yourself physically. There is plenty of proof that "Just Say No" does very little to discourage drug users who are intent on doing so.

Simply put, the only way to properly use MDMA in ANY circumstance

Why not? MDMA was used in psychotherapy in the 1970s, and is being trialled for the same purpose today. There are also services that will test your drugs for a nominal fee, and even home testing kits. A global estimate is maybe 20 million people have used MDMA, and close to one million people use it every year.

Davif Nutt lost his position as a member of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs from publishing an editorial pointing out that, statistically speaking, horse riding is much more risky than MDMA usage. (injury rates being 1 incident per 350 horse riders, versus 1 incident per 10,000 MDMA doses).

that you have absolutely no way in telling what substance is is and it cut with. Idiot.

There are plenty of ways to deduce the content of your pills. It's interesting to note that pills are overall higher purity and dosage than they have been in the past.It is incredibly unlikely ro get a straight up toxic product, if you do get faked pills they can contain non-MDMA drugs or outright inactive.

If you want to use MDMA safely, then there are several ways you can help make things favorable. Having the batch be tested by a trusted authority (and possibly even verified by others in a bioassay), ensuring nothing seems incorrect (from color/crystal shape, to solubility, color change reagents behave as they should, maybe melt-point measurement. In the best case, GC/MS), and using measured doses in a planned setting for personal development accompanied by a sober, trusted companion... you're more likely to stub your toe than have some massive damage come out of the blue.

In this post: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=912515&postcount=13

The LD50 of MDMA is stated to be 80mg/kg of bodyweight, and "at least 50 or 60 good pills" at a weight of 70 kg.

First off, the LD50 for MDMA in humans isn't even known, and implying anything else is a disservice.

Secondly, and more importantly, whatever the LD50 is, it's certainly known to be FAR less then that. The DEA, and various other sources, guesses it to be somewhere in the range of 10 to 20 mg per kg bodyweight. Assuming a "good pill" is 100 mg, that would make 7 to 14 pills the LD50 for someone of 70 kg, or approximately 154 pounds.

Telling users that 50 or 60 is the lethal point is essentially telling them that 7 to 14 isn't, and that is extremely dangerous.
I read a seemingly very legitimate early report of the German's experiments during WW11, where they gave one participant 3.5 grams pure MDMA orally.

He died basically. I can believe that.