• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ecstasy loses its risk-free allure

You have sleep problems, and resort to taking meds. to cure it? That doesn't make sense.

Anxiety which is the number one cause of sleep deprivation is usually caused by either mal-nutrition, or an improper diet. Any dietition can tell you this. A proper diet to suit your metabolic rate. and activity level will eliminate this situation.

I've been an insomniac ever since before I could remember being alive. I used to play with my lego's in my bed until I fell asleep as a child. I figured I'm a naturally nocturnal person. After all in our ancestoral past we always had at least one ape on watch. You never knew when another tribe would attack.;)

tokey said:
No shit it diturbs sleep it is a stimulant.

I dont think the former users were still being "stimulated." i think the "damaged" sleep cycle would be due to unbalanced seritonin, which regulates sleep. it woudl also explain the change in eating habits and depression

CBRworm said:
Granted I took many pills every weekend for a long time, but I never had trouble sleeping before I started.

what'd you expect when you abuse it like that? and when did you start taking meds for sleep deprivation? if your still having problems after 2 years i'd expect your seritonin is pretty fucked up.. and i know i might get flamed for that comment but really, if you abuse a drug like ecstasy by taking multiple pills every weekend over a long course of time you have to realize the risks; plus the fact that your seritonin has no way to regenerate after only 1 week so you would have to keep taking more pills. ok not to rant but abuse just bothers me because ecstasy is such an amazing drug but its people like you who scare people away from experiencing it.

after rolling, i tend to get 5 hours of very restless sleep and then be wide awake and completely emotionless. The next night, I'll sleep like a baby, and crave sleep like a sloth that got shot with a dart for the next couple days. Everything normal after that.