• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Ecstasy' buyer dobs in dealer

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
A YOUNG north Queensland chef was so outraged at the poor quality of the ecstasy he bought he went to police and dobbed in his dealer.

David Cousins, 22, paid $40 for what he thought was the party drug - but what he had been sold was ketamine.

Ketamine is usually prescribed by vets as a horse sedative. In humans, if misused, it can alter perception, cause drowsiness, hallucinations, strange muscle movements, nausea, numbness and vomiting and can cause vital organs, including the heart and lungs, to shut down.

Cousins became suspicious about what he had been sold - and then he got angry, casting aside any thoughts of self-preservation.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Dave Blundell told Bowen Magistrates Court that Cousins took the pill to the police station on November 24 and complained that he had been dudded.

"He thought he was buying ecstasy, but has come forward to complain," Sgt Blundell told the court.

Solicitor Cleo Rewald said Cousins, who pleaded guilty to possessing a dangerous drug, was lucky he had decided not to take it and the experience had weaned him off any sort of drug experimentation.

Magistrate Athol Kennedy told Cousins that drug dealers had no quality assurance over their product and had no qualms selling illicit pills which contained strychnine, arsenic or even aspirin.

"These blokes are only interested in making money and don't care if you die from it," Mr Kennedy said.

"They've got plenty of customers."

source: http://www.news.com.au/ecstasy-buyer-dobs-in-dealer/story-e6freoof-1226295977288

If everybody who was doubled by unscrupulous dealers did the same, not only drugs would become legal in a matter of days, but all these dealers would be all in jail. This man deserves a statue for his courage.

When did ketamine stop being a party drug? :( No recovery party is complete without lines of K on the table.

Why did the dealer think the guy wouldn't be able to tell the difference between MDMA and K? lol...the inabilitydifferentiate between different stim RC's as an inexperienced user is somewhat understandable but anyone that has tried both K and MDMA once each should be able to know that they have totally different effect profiles.

I'm not justifying what the guy did-he is pretty dumb, but the dealer wasn't very smart either.

Hm I have always thought the next time a dealer sells me something that only makes me sick I may end up calling the cops on them (though, I'd do it anonymously lol) but yet I I trust the market so little I doubt any of them will get the chance. Though I'm talking piperzines, idk, I think ketamine I'd be a bit annoyed but out of ways to get ripped off I doubt that'd piss me of that bad.

"llicit pills which contained strychnine, arsenic or even aspirin." EVEN asprin? I mean sure, of course we all know strychnine and aresenic are very real possibilities *sarcasam* but fucking asprin!?!? That's crossing the line.

Hm I have always thought the next time a dealer sells me something that only makes me sick I may end up calling the cops on them (though, I'd do it anonymously lol) but yet I I trust the market so little I doubt any of them will get the chance. Though I'm talking piperzines, idk, I think ketamine I'd be a bit annoyed but out of ways to get ripped off I doubt that'd piss me of that bad.

"llicit pills which contained strychnine, arsenic or even aspirin." EVEN asprin? I mean sure, of course we all know strychnine and aresenic are very real possibilities *sarcasam* but fucking asprin!?!? That's crossing the line.

Well technically, aspirin kills a lot more people than MDMA does :p

Arsenic? really?

I Respect this guy, usually i'm one for snitches get stitches and all that bollocks. But if someones gonna sell you a completely different product, fuck em let em go to jail.

He didnt even consume it? guy got a 100 buck fine and a 2 month good behaviour bond. What a waste of time. He shoulda just snorted it and then asked the dealer for all or some of the money back.

Magistrate Athol Kennedy told Cousins that drug dealers had no quality assurance over their product and had no qualms selling illicit pills which contained strychnine, arsenic or even aspirin.

Strychnine, understandable, same goes for arsenic, BUT, who is the evil, sick, twisted fucker who is daring to put poor children's health at risk by putting ASPIRIN in their ecstasy pills?!

Strychnine, understandable, same goes for arsenic, BUT, who is the evil, sick, twisted fucker who is daring to put poor children's health at risk by putting ASPIRIN in their ecstasy pills?!

I swear, it's this guy named Bayer.

i know Bayer! he is the bloke down the street that gave me those shit pills! and wtf does dobs mean?

If someone dobs on someone, they snitched on them, told on them, gave them up.

I guess it's slang.

You mean you'd like to get ketamine. Why would you want to recieve ketamine, in place of what you went out for? especially when what you want is a completely different experience.

Last edited:
Maybe cos he can get mdma easy and not K? Maybe he prefers K over E?

I bought a pill thinking it was an E once, and consumed thru the nose all at once and then realised it was K, it was a pretty cool experience.

I dunno...
Did he take the pill, or not? It seems that he gave it to the cops, but then how did he know it wasn't MDMA?

And isn't K "usually" used by people for experimentation, but occasionally used by vets as a horse tranquilizer? :p

And this is the first I have heard of the slang "dobs" - maybe just an Australian thing? Anyone else ever said /heard it?

New term for me..

Ketamine has a "special" taste to it... Pretty unmistakable. MDMA pressies taste like a completely different type off ass hole. Anyway, idk why this dude went anywhere but back to his dealer.

I bet the dealer was just moving whatever he had, and was none the wiser. (Yeah, he SHOULD reagent test everything he sells, but that ain't the world we live in..) K goes for more than MDMA rolls do (powder / shard is different) around here. Weird.