• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy and Losing the "magic"

Dust912

Greenlighter
So I know someone who tried ecstasy for the first time in June, he was told that a three day binge would be fine. Too bad for him he didn't know better. He ended up taking 10 pills over the course of three days. The next time he rolled was this past weekend and it was even better than the first time. But now my friend is being very cautious now that he's done his research and will only roll 3-4 times a year off 3 pills max. Still, my friend has read a lot on "losing the magic" this sounds awful to him. This drug has transformed his life. He used to be very depressed and on the verge of dropping out of school, but now he works full time and goes to school full time with strait A's and the little "vacation" he gets helps so much. He wants to be able to enjoy ecstasy without losing any of its magic. So I was wondering if anything can be done to keep it there. Does anyone who has lost it have any experiences of what they did that may have caused it? Or anyone who has used it for a long time not lost the magic and offer some advice? I've read a post that a man takes 1gram total of 5htp before rolling the day of and it intensifies his roll. He swears by it. But besides that I've only heard about pirecetam to bring back the magic, but not many success stories. So please share your stories and advice :) I'd love to find a solution to losing the magic.

I'm going to assume "someone you know" is you. It's pretty obvious :D

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, although it's still a fun drug for most people, it loses its 'magic' like no other drug I've tried. It's mind blowing, after 15-20 times I've tried it, it just gets old (not 15 pills, 15 different experiences where I did MDMA). It's just not as magical. You know what to expect and it becomes bland. Although it's still fun.

You also start to see and experience shitty thing like suicide tuesdays (or mondays or whatever). In case you don't know what it is, it's when after a few days your brain is finally trying to get back to normal and with barely any neurochemicals left, people feel unbelievably depressed. Since most people roll on fri/sat it is usually Monday or Tuesday when they get super depressed. It doesn't happen to me, but I see it happen to a lot of people. It's pretty bad for some people too, suicidal thoughts, etc. To be honest, as you start to do it more, IME and a lot of other peoples, even that first, magical time doesn't seem as profound anymore.

There are ways to sorta make the magic last longer, but barely, and not really that worth it once the magic is gone. The thing is, it's not like you are going to be depressed once the magic's gone; it's not like I got sad cause the drug wasn't fun anymore. For me, one day, I just wasn't for me any longer. I just moved on, seriously, it just gets old, predictable, and kinda boring. Again, it's still fun, but 1/10th of what it used to be.

It seems like you do a lot. You did 10 pills in 3 days the first time! I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure these huge doses early in your MDMA 'career' is going to make E lose its magic pretty quick, but this is purely a postulation. You also say you take pills, do you test them? Do you know the potency? If you haven't been taking real ecstasy, or only have gotten a few pills with actual MDMA, (which is very possible depending on where you live) I would get a testing kit, for sure. One way I did sorta increase the fun is when I switched from street molly or pills to lab-grade tan shards. Even that though. I remember taking about 1/4g, and I couldn't understand so I took another 1/4 and another 1/4. My buddy who was still new to E was flying to the moon.

Again though, when its lost the magic, it's a natural thing. It's not depressing. Trying to hold on to the magic as long as possible is probably futile.

It's strange; when it stopped working for me, I always assumed I'd been sold bad pills or something; I guess it was an inevitable consequence of using the stuff too many times.(mainly a weekend thing for me-haven't used it for years now). It did indeed feel like a natural process at the time; it just felt time to move on from a very great period in my youth. You shouldn't stress out over trying to relive those come-ups imo-when it goes, it goes. Harsh, but unfortunately true.

I wonder what the science behind it is?

The losing of the magic for mdma is a strange occurrence indeed.
Sure other drugs aren't as fun as the first time but the way mdma does this is to a much higher degree.
The magic can be lost, but it also can be gained back.
If he doesn't roll more than 3-4 times a year and doesn't redose throughout the night it may never leave

If he doesn't roll more than 3-4 times a year and doesn't redose throughout the night it may never leave

Hmm, in my experience, that's not how it worked for the people I've seen. I think it might not even have to do with MDMA itself. It might have something to do with doing drugs in general and for some reason MDMA loses its magic. It also sounds like he has done more MDMA than me, but I've been doing it longer. You're totally right now, the loss of magic is like no other drug.

And lets admit, coming up for the very first time really is magic. A brilliant use of the word btw.

An utterly brilliant use of the word indeed.
Fuck I miss that feeling, so powerful and so incredible.
Tingles cascading over every inch of your body

I still roll hard, but not as magical. The rushes i got the first 5 times are just insane like notes of music pouring over me and going through me.

I always kept good breaks and it is defenitely not because i know what's coming. Something is just missing and hopefully it will come back someday.

Maybe if i take a year off... Still enjoying it ALOT tho :D

Last time was better for me than my first time, it was a bigger dosage than usual, better place to take it and it there was a whole year between the last roll.
It blew me away, it was one of the best days of my life which I will remember for ever.

Sometimes I think about it as being asleep your whole life and waking up for a few hours while rolling.

Well I have also "lost the magic", it seems bland now. It's not that it doesn't feel as good but the drug feels so fake to me now if that makes sense. At first all that love and good feelings were amazing and I still get them but even while rolling I catch myself feeling fake. MDMA pushes your pleasure levels too hard and you're just happy for no apparent reason other then the serotonin releasing in your brain. While other drugs do this as well MDMA just seems to push all good feelings out and then takes it away again, it doesn't really hold grounds for genuine euphoria anymore like LSD and other psychedelics do for me now, which tend to make those good feelings last way for weeks some times.

Hmm, in my experience, that's not how it worked for the people I've seen. I think it might not even have to do with MDMA itself. It might have something to do with doing drugs in general and for some reason MDMA loses its magic. It also sounds like he has done more MDMA than me, but I've been doing it longer. You're totally right now, the loss of magic is like no other drug.

That could easily be true. When you have truly experimented with a vast amount of other drugs, it feels like (for me atleast) that even new drug experiences don't feel new anymore, just variations which I can compare to other psyches.
It's why I hope to one day try mescaline, I've heard it's much different, while still retaining many similar psychedelic properties to other hallucinogens.