• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy and antipsychotics

Chinfie

Greenlighter
Does anyone know of an interaction between ecstasy and latuda or other antipsychotics? I know it's a very new drug, not sure if anyone has any information or experience yet. I'm taking wellbutrin, propranolol and now latuda. Was also wondering of reactions to any other drugs with latuda, like cocaine or amphetamines, etc?

Tramadol taken two weeks after mdma?

So im reading that tramadol also releases serotonin so wondering if its a bad idea? And also all i have is a 50mg tablet, is that enough to feel anything? If not, any ways to potentiate it? Thank you!

So im reading that tramadol also releases serotonin so wondering if its a bad idea? And also all i have is a 50mg tablet, is that enough to feel anything? If not, any ways to potentiate it? Thank you!
Nah you won't suffer any negative consequences. I noticed tramadol before a roll seems to lessen the effects of the MDMA but it won't give you serotonin syndrome or something. If I'm correct, tramadol does not release serotonin, it inhibits reuptake of serotonin, it has SSRI properties, but I am not sure of this. I can't really recommend a dose, since tramadol is a weird drug, the individual dose varies a lot it seems. I usually do 150mg + 100mg but my friend only needs 150mg and no redose to reach about the same effects. If you've never done it, start with 50mg, wait an hour and see if you want some more. Another pîece of advice is to never go over 400mg/24h (300mg/24h is a better guideline, 400mg to me already has pretty uncomfortable side-effects), the risk for seizures with too high doses of tramadol is very real

A last thing is that it seems a big part of the population doesn't feel any recreational effects from tramadol. I once gave a friend 350mg in 3 doses for his first time, he felt nothing. So if you take a sufficient dose and feel nothing, don't take more, you might be insensitive to it

Nah you won't suffer any negative consequences. I noticed tramadol before a roll seems to lessen the effects of the MDMA but it won't give you serotonin syndrome or something. If I'm correct, tramadol does not release serotonin, it inhibits reuptake of serotonin, it has SSRI properties, but I am not sure of this. I can't really recommend a dose, since tramadol is a weird drug, the individual dose varies a lot it seems. I usually do 150mg + 100mg but my friend only needs 150mg and no redose to reach about the same effects. If you've never done it, start with 50mg, wait an hour and see if you want some more. Another pîece of advice is to never go over 400mg/24h (300mg/24h is a better guideline, 400mg to me already has pretty uncomfortable side-effects), the risk for seizures with too high doses of tramadol is very real

A last thing is that it seems a big part of the population doesn't feel any recreational effects from tramadol. I once gave a friend 350mg in 3 doses for his first time, he felt nothing. So if you take a sufficient dose and feel nothing, don't take more, you might be insensitive to it
Ok thanks, you're answer definitley helped me! Would u think low dose ambien would add anything beneficial to the experience? Unfortunatley these two drugs are all im left with lol

Stopping pristiq to roll

I was on 150mg of pristiq for 9-12 months. I'm going on holidays with mates soon and desperately want to roll PLUS should never have been on pristiq in the first place (misdiagnoses) so have successfully weaned down to 50mg by dropping 50mh a week. If I stop taking it completely tonight, will I be safe to roll in four days time?

Since pristiq is an SNRI, no, you're not going to feel anything at all or at the most a very unsatisfying feeling, nothing like a proper roll, more like you drank a whole pot of coffee. SNRIs and SSRIs block out MDMA's effects and take a lot longer than 4 days to clear up after you've been on them for 9-12months. Trust me, you are going to be disappointed, find another drug to party but research the combination first. It will be a waste of MDMA if you try to roll now. Also, because not much research has been done into MDMA, there could be other side-effects to combining those two that we do not yet know. Is your doctor aware you're weaning off?

This is a relevant thread, lots of info in there neatly grouped together

It is good to note the both mdma and tram lower the seizure threshold effectively making you more prone to seizures. But after 2 weeks the mdma will be 100 gone so no worries there. Just don't take too much tram as it can still cause seizures on its own

Taking MDMA and 2C-B in the evening, after taking tramadol (and other opiates) in AM

Hi! So...

I took the following this morning at 9am:

• 1mg Xanax
  • 300mg codeine
  • 150mg Dihydrocodeine
  • 100mg tramadol (2 hours later at 11am)

I have a fairly high opiate tolerance at the moment so I wasn't very messed up from all this, it was a mild/pleasant buzz more than anything else.

Now, my question is this: hypothetically, if I were to take the following:

• 100mg MDMA
  • 18mg 2C-B

...this evening at around 8pm, how dangerous would this be? I would also have a few beers.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: For bonus points, would it be any safer to just take 100mg of oral DMT (i.e. DMT freebase with a MAOI in a capsule) instead of the proposed MDMA, 2C-B, and alcohol?

Last edited:
Tram and mdma are a bad combo because they both lower the seizure threshold. I don't know about anything else on the list though

Tram and mdma are a bad combo because they both lower the seizure threshold. I don't know about anything else on the list though

Even 9-10 hours apart?

How about if I threw 10mg of Diazepam into the mix to help raise the seizure threshold; would that help or just make things worse?

I've had a few drinks and I feel pretty good.

I think that I'm going to do the MDMA + 2C-B combo, maybe with a few bumps of ketamine thrown in.

You know, for science.

Emotional discussions about life aside, everything went fine.

I obviously can't blanket-recommend this combo to everyone but from a physiological standpoint everything turned out fine.

I am currently necking Diazpeam and drinking craft gin on the rocks whilst hoping for the sweet release of sleep.

MDMA and Latuda

Hello, I am currently prescribed Latuda 40mg. Im very experienced with MDMA and am familiar with its effects. However, before last night, I havent used MDMA while on latuda. My experience last night was not the greatest. I took my normal 140ish mg dose of MDMA. But after an hour still felt nothing. A little while longer I felt a bit more talkative but not as much energized or euphoric as I remember with MDMA. I never felt it "hit" either. It just very slowly came up. Very annoying waiting for it to hit then getting nothing. After a while of feeling like I'm on a high amphetamine buzz I took a little more. Throughout the night I kept increasing the dose by orally injesting and snorting until I reached my maximum of 500mg at about 8 hours from first starting. Still barley up there at all, almost like the mountain that is an ecstasy roll got cut in half and I was stuck in a low platau. I was at fist thinking it was fake MDMA but then took into account my latuda after reading that it could dampen the affects. My question is, did I have fake MDMA or is latuda really taking away 90% of my roll? Also, I had no hang over the next day whatsoever, something I didn't even think was possible after taking MDMA. If it is the Latuda cramping it, how long should I be off it before it can no longer affect my roll?

These are the receptors that latuda affects, I'm hoping an expert of MDMA can tell me if thesee receptors are important with an MDMA roll.
"Lurasidone acts as an antagonist of the following sites:[18][27]

α1-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 48 nM)
α2A-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 1.6 nM)
α2C-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 10.8 nM)
D1 receptor (Ki = 262 nM)
D2 receptor (Ki = 1.7 nM)
5-HT2A receptor (Ki = 2.0 nM)
5-HT2C receptor (Ki = 415 nM)
5-HT7 receptor (Ki = 0.5 nM)
And as a partial agonist of the following sites:[18]

5-HT1A receptor (Ki = 6.8 nM)
Note: All values are rounded to the nearest tenth.

It has only weak or negligible actions at the H1, and mACh receptors."

Any information about my loss of MDMA effect and the combination of MDMA and Latuda will greatly help me and others that have searched for the same :)

Unsure exactly the effects it has. But I'm pretty sure Latuda took away about 90% of my MDMA roll effects. Even at a dosage of 500mg of MDMA

MDMA Very Dull -- Medication reaction or fake MDMA?

Hello, I am currently prescribed Latuda 40mg. Im very experienced with MDMA and am familiar with its effects. However, before last night, I havent used MDMA while on latuda. My experience last night was not the greatest. I took my normal 140ish mg dose of MDMA. But after an hour still felt nothing. A little while longer I felt a bit more talkative but not as much energized or euphoric as I remember with MDMA. I never felt it "hit" either. It just very slowly came up. Very annoying waiting for it to hit then getting nothing. After a while of feeling like I'm on a high amphetamine buzz I took a little more. Throughout the night I kept increasing the dose by orally injesting and snorting until I reached my maximum of 500mg at about 8 hours from first starting. Still barley up there at all, almost like the mountain that is an ecstasy roll got cut in half and I was stuck in a low platau. I was at fist thinking it was fake MDMA but then took into account my latuda after reading that it could dampen the affects. My question is, did I have fake MDMA or is latuda really taking away 90% of my roll? Also, I had no hang over the next day whatsoever, something I didn't even think was possible after taking MDMA. Also my eyes barely dialated. If it is the Latuda cramping it, how long should I be off it before it can no longer affect my roll?

These are the receptors that latuda affects, I'm hoping an expert of MDMA can tell me if thesee receptors are important with an MDMA roll.
"Lurasidone acts as an antagonist of the following sites:[18][27]

α1-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 48 nM)
α2A-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 1.6 nM)
α2C-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 10.8 nM)
D1 receptor (Ki = 262 nM)
D2 receptor (Ki = 1.7 nM)
5-HT2A receptor (Ki = 2.0 nM)
5-HT2C receptor (Ki = 415 nM)
5-HT7 receptor (Ki = 0.5 nM)
And as a partial agonist of the following sites:[18]

5-HT1A receptor (Ki = 6.8 nM)
Note: All values are rounded to the nearest tenth.

It has only weak or negligible actions at the H1, and mACh receptors."

Any information about my loss of MDMA effect and the combination of MDMA and Latuda will greatly help me and others that have searched for the same :)

Edit: Forgot to add the prefix but the MDMA was untested

Last edited:
Stopping Medication before MDMA

I have been taking Latuda (an atypical antipsycotic) for about a month now at a starting dose of 40mg. I want to roll on MDMA as soon as I am able to achieve full effect of the drug. I did quite a bit of research after an unsuccessful night with MDMA and learned that Latuda is the antagonist to some of the main 5-HT2 receptors in the brain that are important to MDMA (specifically 5-HT2A and C) My question is how long do I have to wait after my last dose of Latuda to take MDMA again and not have the effects of Latuda blocking my seretomnin receptors? Latuda's half life I'd about 18 hours.

Edit: I take Latuda for a very minute diagnosis of Bipolar and to counteract Vyvanse I takfor ADD and Narcolepsy. I am aware of MDMAs affect on bipolar and will declare that I have a very small form of Bipolar and am aware of post MDMA effects.

ATTN: I have merged all threads that focus on possible interactions with MDMA concerning medications/prescriptions, supplements, other drugs, etc. This board has become way too cluttered, and even with this I'm positive that there is another thread just like this as well. But this one will be for recent times. :)

So direct your related questions here BLers!

MED mods, let me know if this is the best option.

I dosed 250mg tramadol along with 150mg of codeine about 3 hours prior to a roll and the roll felt near the same if im honest i had more nausea but i think that was due to the amount of mdma (550mg) parachuted

If people are typically parachuting dosages of 550mg of MDMA at one time, then no wonder they keep having all these hellish sounding long term comedowns. If you need that much MDMA to feel it anymore, do yourself a favor and try something like 100mg at a time of methamphetamine maybe. It keeps working for years without significant tolerance issues, doesn't make you feel langorous like MDMA can, and improves menial mental and physical tasks often encountered at school or work.

I dosed 250mg tramadol along with 150mg of codeine about 3 hours prior to a roll and the roll felt near the same if im honest i had more nausea but i think that was due to the amount of mdma (550mg) parachuted
Interesting, I noticed a very noticeable reduction in the effects of MDMA following a big dose of tramadol. I tried this more than once and every time my roll was sub-par. Also, 550mg of MDMA is a huge amount, you are taking waaaay too high doses. That is going to cause problems for you sooner or later :)