• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstacy overdose confusion

courtstacy

Greenlighter
Hello, overdosing on ecstacy is a topic that really confuses me but one that I would like to have more knowledge on. Firstly, when I say overdose I just mean in general, what signs do you look for before calling an ambulance. I know all the basic signs of an ecstacy overdose: confusion, chest pains, vomitting, etc. However,
I have been in situations where I have witnessed a person, who had taken one pill, wriggling around on the floor, confused and almost unresponsive but still having a good time and I have also witnessed someone who looked to be in the same state but had actually taken too much and later had a seizure. I thought that person was going to be fine and they just needed to wait till the ecstacy had worn off because they were behaving in almost the same way as the last person. How can you tell when it is serious and time to call an ambulance?

Hello, overdosing on ecstacy is a topic that really confuses me but one that I would like to have more knowledge on. Firstly, when I say overdose I just mean in general, what signs do you look for before calling an ambulance. I know all the basic signs of an ecstacy overdose: confusion, chest pains, vomitting, etc. However,
I have been in situations where I have witnessed a person, who had taken one pill, wriggling around on the floor, confused and almost unresponsive but still having a good time and I have also witnessed someone who looked to be in the same state but had actually taken too much and later had a seizure. I thought that person was going to be fine and they just needed to wait till the ecstacy had worn off because they were behaving in almost the same way as the last person. How can you tell when it is serious and time to call an ambulance?

If it is actually MDMA -- overdose takes a lot -- for the average person

I have personally seen multiple people consume approx 1 gram of MDMA (tested) throughout the course of a night and the next day -- with no ill effects

Who knows what the fuck a pill or powder could be -- PMA can cause overdose at just above 80 milligrams -- so one adulterated or bogus pill will do it

Furthermore, you can't blame the seizure on MDMA -- or even what was in the pill -- hell the person could have been a benzo or etizolam junky -- and the siezure is because they forgot to take their shit and went into withdrawal

There's not a lot that can be done for an ecstasy overdose.

that's not true. while there is no antidote you can lower body temperature to prevent overheating, you can give benzos to calm the user down, end seizures or remove muscle cramps and rigidity (which could also contribute to overheating), you can make sure fluids/electrolytes or blood glucose levels are in a non-dangerous range, you can monitor for complications and treat those timely...

@shugenja

it's true that a real overdose is incredibly rare (it would take someone without tolerance something like 3g of pure stuff — not something that happens by accident). i guess the op wanted to know about the complications like overheating/dehydration which are commonly (thank you tabloids...) called overdoses, even when they can occur at comparatively low doses.

If someone is having one of the true but very rare overdosages or allergic reactions or whatever it is to MDMA, I'm not aware of anything that can be done to save them.

If someone is having one of the true but very rare overdosages or allergic reactions or whatever it is to MDMA, I'm not aware of anything that can be done to save them.

benzodiazepines/propofol

ammonium chloride to flush the MDMA from the body quickly (MDMA is basic in serum) -- acidification of the urine along with electrolytic super-hydration via IV will flush amphetamines up to an order of magnitude or more faster than normal.

normal protocols for amphetamine overdose

This isn't really the question you should be asking. You should be asking "how do people avoid overdosing on MDMA?"

The answer is to get a milligram scale and make sure that MDMA-naive people do not take doses larger than 100-125 mg.

If you weigh your doses properly and do not take irresponsibly large doses, you will not overdose on MDMA.

If your MDMA is in pill form, just make sure naive users start with half and people aren't taking handfuls of pills.

I as a first timer took 1.5 pills. A decision which ruined my life. I was just doing what I had seen my experienced user friends do literally hundreds of times. It basically blew my head off, I had some type of reaction to it, and through the course of the evening I apparently was given more. That was three years ago and there isn't a second that I'm not in his disconnected, soulless, blurry visioned, brain churning state. One minute you laughing drinking beers with you friends celebrating about to get married and the next morning you wake up to this new distorted, anhedonic, brain damaged state. Every interaction is forced and unnatural. It's like I'm autistic, caught in my own private hell. The others had a great night and their lives continue unaffected. I however now live treading water in this half alive state.

If it is actually MDMA -- overdose takes a lot -- for the average person

I have personally seen multiple people consume approx 1 gram of MDMA (tested) throughout the course of a night and the next day -- with no ill effects

Who knows what the fuck a pill or powder could be -- PMA can cause overdose at just above 80 milligrams -- so one adulterated or bogus pill will do it

Furthermore, you can't blame the seizure on MDMA -- or even what was in the pill -- hell the person could have been a benzo or etizolam junky -- and the siezure is because they forgot to take their shit and went into withdrawal

Your friends' drugs are shit. Taking a gram of MDMA over the course of a night and the next day will devastate you emotionally and physically. Half of that is really pushing it.

@op

When somebody becomes unresponsive call for help. MDMA at reasonably high doses is safe (in the context of taking MDMA at least..) but can make a person writhe around on the floor like a pissed off worm for a couple hours but they will still be responsive. If you jostle someone and you don't get a response at all that's when they might be in trouble.

Your friends' drugs are shit. Taking a gram of MDMA over the course of a night and the next day will devastate you emotionally and physically. Half of that is really pushing it.

To that I can say - experience says otherwise

This was a long time ago, about 20 years.

Israeli supplier -- tested, but everybody knew it was real.

Was it advised -- hell no, but they didn't call people e-tards for their good judgement.

I know WTF I'm talking about.

Before you go saying shit, you might want to be sure you know WTF you are talking about

To that I can say - experience says otherwise

This was a long time ago, about 20 years.

Israeli supplier -- tested, but everybody knew it was real.

Was it advised -- hell no, but they didn't call people e-tards for their good judgement.

I know WTF I'm talking about.

Before you go saying shit, you might want to be sure you know WTF you are talking about

Taking a gram of "molly" would be all fun and games, you could probably go to work the next day and be peachy. But if you're taking 1000mg of MDMA in one session you're doing damage that quite possibly won't heal; that's beyond heavy dosing and it's physically dangerous. Redosing puts a lot of strain on your serotonin receptors and keeping a roll going for that long is just well, stupid.

You can say I don't know what I'm talking about all you want but you're the one defending and vouching the safety of taking massive doses of potentially neurotoxic chemicals, not me! >.<

You can say I don't know what I'm talking about all you want but you're the one defending and vouching the safety of taking massive doses of potentially neurotoxic chemicals, not me! >.<

Never said it was a good idea. Certainly not defending it.

The thread is about overdose -- which is VERY HARD TO DO with MDMA.

I was in the scene when 'molly' (pure molecule) first started to be used across the underground scene (mid/late 90's) in the US.

I know people that are in their 40's today, that used to munch on pills like they were pez -- etards that needed 4 pills just to roll half -decently, and might eat 20 beans on a 3 day binge -- that's a gram and a half/maybe 2 grams

And - they never OD'd and are fine.

The shit masquerading as E, Molly, wtf ever today -- some is quite scary -- and you can OD easily -- But with MDMA -- unless you are the unlucky 1% of the 1% -- it takes several grams.