• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstacy makes me retarded

dogethehippy

Greenlighter
Alright I'll start off by saying I'm not inexperienced with drugs, I've taken quite a few over my time and I can usually handle my shit reasonably well. For some ridiculous reason though most times I take ecstacy (which is pretty much every weekend at the moment) I just roll so fucking hard. Like lounge back in my chair for hours, eyes rolling back, absolutely munching my gums and then I have no memory of what i did in the morning and just have to listen to my mates tell me what I was doing haha. Like I said I've done, and handled myself alright, pretty much every other drug its just something about pingers fucks me. That can honestly happen off one pill sometimes. But then on other occasions i've munched like 6 + and been fine, and I'm always fine when I've done straight MDMA as well although thats not that often.

Any suggestions? Its just starting to happen more often at the moment and its fucking annoying because I can't really have a good time on pills because well, I become fucking retarded.

Not remembering things and confusion usually comes into play when you're taking too large of doses, but it doesnt sound like you even test your pills so theres probobably a big chance what your taking most of the time isnt MDMA to begin with. And id strongly advise you to refrain from taking MDMA weekly, you're going to cause major damage and be in a world of hell if you continue with that kind of abuse.

^^
that sums it up pretty well. alcohol might also be a factor for not remembering anything.

simply take less mdma and you should be fine for the night. there are some really strong pills making the rounds lately (>250mg; a normal full dose is between 80-120mg).

also like the others said, once a week is way too often. take mdma at most once a month. otherwise you'll get depression/anxiety/concentration problems in the long run and that can take quite some time to clear up.

MDMA doesn't necessarily work like other drugs where taking more and more will result in more and more of the desired effects. To get the best from MDMA you have to find the 'sweet spot' which is usually around the 100-150mg dosage mark. Less often means you never get 'there' and too much often results in what you experience: lack of energy, heavy feelings, mongyness, gurning, sweating, lack of memory etc etc.

Any suggestions?

First of all you need to confirm that the pills you're taking actually contain MDMA. This can be done quickly and cheaply using one of these. Following that, use Pillreports to find out the dosage of your pills. From there you can work out how much of the pill you should take to hit the 'sweet spot'. Example, you've got hold of some high dose dutch pills.You've tested them using the test kit and confirmed that the pills are the real deal and not fakes or even dangerous. You find the pill on pill reports which suggests that this press of pill contains 200-220mg of MDMA. So, you only dose half the pill aiming for a start off dose of 100-120mg.

which is pretty much every weekend at the moment

This is also a problem. Overusing MDMA can also mean that you don't get a lot of the good effects from the drug. It Also puts you at risk of experiencing long-term problems. The general guideline to keep the drug fun and avoid issues is once a month and it's safer to restrict that to once every 2-3months.

Are sure you are taking Mdma. Or are you taking too much mdma each roll? My friend light weight girl, rolled and had two glasses of wine. She was acting really retarded, almost annoying. Next day she didnt remember the retarded and annoying part. Just remembers having a good time. Yeah right. Please do your friends a favor and lay low of the M for a while. People like you are major buzz kill. No offence am sure you are a nice guy.

You are taking way too much. Its supposed to be remembered and not fuzzy. If its fuzzy (sort of like alcohol blackouts where you dont remember certain parts) .... you took too much. I find its effects to be much stronger at 100-120. Less is more! And wait 3 months between rolls please. Serious hell awaits if you dont. Test your shit with a test kit.

Cheers for the advice guys and I know I probably need to slow down a bit on it and I will. But its not because I'm taking too much, like I said this has happened off a single pill before, and then I've had the exact same pills and taken more and been completely fine.

One pill could still be too much, and you don't even know it's MDMA. Test it and then research the pill on pill reports. And don't 'slow down a bit', cut your use to once per month MAX. And if you've been using weekly for a bit, you probably want at least 3 months off before you dose again. test it, know your dose ( you need 80-150mg), and take a break first then use less frequently, bottom line.

when the urge for retardation strikes, like too many others, i drank.

seriously though, not every substance is for everyone. maybe MDMA and you just don't 'agree'. it would be unfortunate but not the end of the world.

plenty of other fish in the sea, or something..