Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Echinopsis pachanoi (Wachuma Matucana)

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
Hi

My drug menu is restricted, I don't have many options over here.

When I come across something nice, I cannot miss the opportunity. So the current hot ball here is Echinopsis pachanoi (Wachuma Matucana)

It follows some questions:

• I’ve taken mushrooms many times, should I expect something similar? In terms of the vibes…
  • I want a very soft trip, I don’t wanna to trip balls. What I have available is a powder, 25 g, where for a soft trip they suggest me 12,5 g. I think this amount is too much, it is a good quality product for sure. How should I start? How many grams, any suggestions? It will be my first time using this substance, will it be worth it?

Hi Jose,

1. Inasmuch as all psychedelics take you the same general place, cactus is like shrooms. That being said, mescaline is more stimulating, less visual, more entheogenic, clear headed, and way longer lasting than shrooms. At least at the doses most people take of cactus/mescaline.
2. The problem with plant material is there is no way to determine potency. 12.5g of pachanoi would likely be somewhere in the range of 250mg mescaline which is pretty much threshold for most people, and that is assuming it’s a potent specimen.

Knowing what I know about mescaline I would go for the 25g dose since mescaline seems to have a massive window for a moderate trip for most. Anywhere from 300-800mg of mescaline and I can’t tell that much of a difference between the doses, and I’ve doses rookies up to the 1g range without blowing their mind. 1.5g+ is where mescaline really starts to become a heavy psychedelic on par with lsd or shrooms.

Mescaline is the most underrated psychedelic there is - get your set and setting right and enjoy one of the most beautiful psychedelic experiences there is ??

Maybe have a look here:

Mescaline is far more easygoing than mushrooms, it is really hard for me to imagine anyone having a bad time on cactus. It is empathogenic as well as psychedelic, it is a really special thing. Such a beautiful feeling of calm and love and personal acceptance. Mescaline is a subtle and wise teacher. At really high doses I think it can be a very visionary, intense experience, but I have taken pure mescaline (which is not the same as cactus) up to 500mg and not really even had visuals, except for that colors became overwhelmingly beautiful.

Also as mentioned above, it lasts longer than mushrooms, like 3 times longer.

Well, good piece of information, thanks, however, my question still remains unclear.

For example, If I take 1 g, wait, 1 g, wait, 1 g wait, and so on, will it work well?

Sorry didn’t know that was the actual question.

If anything I would do 5g at a time with maybe 15 minutes in between each 5g. As Xorkoth and I stated, cactus is one of the more easygoing psychedelics, so unless you are extremely sensitive I can’t see how you would be overwhelmed with the amount of material you have. You’re more likely to be underwhelmed than overwhelmed with the amount you have.

Long story short, stop overthinking it and swallow some cactus man. Toss back 25g and remember to come back and post a trip report of how amazing it was ;)

1g at a time is too little. Though, I'm not sure spacing out the dosage is smart at whatever quantity because I personally didn't feel anything until T+3 hours after ingestion of 30g of San Pedro. Personally, I'd go for a good dosage all at once, or maybe split in half with an hour separated.

Cactus was hands down the most gentle psychedelic I've ever done, way more than 2c-b, almost disappointingly so. It's extremely clear headed and totally not alien and pushy like mushrooms.