• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Eating weed

polarthedog

Bluelighter
If you eat an edible, you convert the thc to 11 hydroxy thc, first, what would delta 8 turn into? And since 11 hydroxy thc is twice as potent per mg, would it have the same amount of metabolites? Would the total metabolites double?

So by weight you get twice as stoned on the same amount of weed, interesting

Well it lasts twice as long roughly too, so I think if you ingest 25 mg thc, it would be like you smoked 25 mg thc (kinda, it feels different) except you’d be stoned for 6 hours instead of 3 because the half life of 11 hydroxy thc is longer than delta 9 thc

I’m wondering if it would have the same level of metabolites though, I would assume it wouldtake longer to eliminate 11 hydroxy thc though b3caus mod the longer half life

here’s a reference.

Feedback inhibition/promotion of biochemical cascades are going to play an important effect.

The problem I’ve got with trying a delta8 edible is the same problem that I had with synthetic cannabinoids; differential and unatural agonism/antagonism activation/inhibition of CB1 and 2 recptors may cause problems

Here’s a fearful, peer reviewed article 😜

Tom

I struggle to smoke weed as I took a looong break and I'm sure its 3 times stronger than it was when I smoked dsily. if was make edibles Would it make for a more chilled experience as it would have s more gradual come up?
Or is it like nothings happening then after an hour it goes WHAM and youre blitzed?

Doesent answer my question, but it is interesting . I would think one of 5e main problems with mostsynth cannabinoids would be that they are full agonists, while thc is a partial agonist, delta 8 I believe is also a partial agonist, it’s like comparing kratom/buprenorphine with heroin/oxymorphone, I don’t think it being synthetic is the problem, but I can’t prove that. I see no reason synthetic cannabinoids couldn’t be synthesized that would have the same safety profile as regular weed

I struggle to smoke weed as I took a looong break and I'm sure its 3 times stronger than it was when I smoked dsily. if was make edibles Would it make for a more chilled experience as it would have s more gradual come up?
Or is it like nothings happening then after an hour it goes WHAM and youre blitzed?
I find that edibles if dosed correctly are much miles likely to cause anxiety, it’s a gradual come up, and more f a psychedelic effect, And more Of a body high
I recommend taking 10 mg of thc, which is like a tenth of a gram of average pot around here, and waiting a couple hours, I find that they work much better on an empty stomach
This is all my experience btw, it may not affect you the same
You should try a high cbd strain too, I smoke a hit of delta 8 off my pen with a bowl of 23% Cbd pot,

Yeah. I like black hash for that reason. You said miles, did you mean less likely? @polarthedog

Anyone elses thoughts?

If you eat an edible, you convert the thc to 11 hydroxy thc, first, what would delta 8 turn into? And since 11 hydroxy thc is twice as potent per mg, would it have the same amount of metabolites? Would the total metabolites double?
delta 8 does indeed turn into 11 hydroxy....... but it stays as 11-hydroxy-delta-8-THC, it does not magically convert to 11-hydroxy-delta-9-THC

I was hopeful it would when I first found d8 but, no, it doesn't. Your liver can't magically change the position of the double carbon bond, that would be virtually impossible.

edible delta-8 is stronger than smoking it, but it's still 75-50% less potent than edible delta 9 thc

and in my opinion I do not enjoy edible d8 that much, I prefer to vape it
edible d8 makes me dizzier than the enjoyable buzz I get (talking 400mg-950mg doses with moderate tolerance), it usually just makes me dizzy and drowsy more than stoned

I get way better effects from vaping

Last edited:
I think delta 8 occurs in nature albeit at a lower rate than delta 9. It's not really a synthetic bc I'm pretty sure it's synthesized from cbd. That would make it at worst semi synthetic. I can hardly tell the difference between delta 8 and delta 9.
It isn't like it's spice.

I think delta 8 occurs in nature albeit at a lower rate than delta 9.
yes, very low like 0.1%

It's not really a synthetic bc I'm pretty sure it's synthesized from cbd. That would make it at worst semi synthetic.
no it's not, it's extracted from mass hemp farms which is why it's even legal, it occurs in very low quantity in hemp

you are legally allowed to extract things from cannabis/hemp other than delta-9-thc, which is why it skirts the law

although technically the DEA has outlawed it, but they haven't enforced it yet

I can hardly tell the difference between delta 8 and delta 9.
It isn't like it's spice.
I can tell the difference mainly in how much less psychedelic it is, otherwise it's the same in every way.

DEFINITELY not like spice at all, feels a lot like the brown mexican weed I used to smoke vs all this 30% thc strain shit they have now

Also @polarthedog I'm in the UK. At least in my area we don't have a great deal of choice in strains. Half the time dealers don't know the strain they're selling but may refer to it as "mongy weed" (mainly indica and higher CBD and "trippy weed" (sativa).

I prefer indica or hash

Sorry I'm derailing your thread a bit. Maybe I should start another?

Also @polarthedog I'm in the UK. At least in my area we don't have a great deal of choice in strains. Half the time dealers don't know the strain they're selling but may refer to it as "mongy weed" (mainly indica and higher CBD and "trippy weed" (sativa).
jesus man weed dealers here will tell you their shit is 71.3% indica hybrid with a fruity aroma, more relaxing than creative, makes your dick tingle and they call it "Rainbow Moon Monkey Fuck 2.1"

lmao

back in the day all we had was brown and green weed

now everybody is a connoisseur

Haha yeah man I think in some circles here people are like that but mainly it's just whatever the dude has. It's always strong but I'd like a choice of high indica/CBD strains.

Haha yeah man I think in some circles here people are like that but mainly it's just whatever the dude has. It's always strong but I'd like a choice of high indica/CBD strains.
personally for me... weed is weed

I really don't like pure sativas, but other than that, if the shit gets me high I don't need to analyze it with my lab coat and put it in a fancy glass jar with some dumbass name a 3rd grader could invent

I'm literally about to set it on fire and blow it into the abyss.... I don't need to name it

True. But I like a more sedating and less paranoia inducing strain

True. But I like a more sedating and less paranoia inducing strain
I'm an indica man myself!

Sativas feel like an unwanted trip more than a relaxing buzz to me.

I prefer heavy indica hybrids always

Sativas always felt like an incomplete cannabis high to me, it's missing something - the stone, the relaxation! that's what I love about indicas. If I wanted to trip I'd take some acid not smoke sativa.

Sativas give me 10x the anxiety LSD does....

I think getting really stoned puts me back to a really bad shroom trip I had and it feels a little like that.
I made the mistake years ago of eating a lot of shrooms and smoking lots of green and basically couldn't handle it.
There was this giant clock on the wall and it felt like 9 hours passed but it was 2 minutes. Didn't have the state of mind to simply request we take it down so I had to leave. The bus was vibrating and I got home (my parents who were in bed thank fuck) and watched friends (in green colour mode) to try and ground me a little.
Horrible trip.