• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Eating hash V.S. eating THC extract

the_void

Bluelighter
Hi all,
How do they compare via the oral route ?
Thanks to all !

My apologies if this has been covered before. Kindly link

I've never eaten straight extract before but have used THC syrups a few times and I felt them a bit too heady compared to hash and flower edibles. Like it was missing a lot of the deeper body high I suppose. Can be just as enjoyable but might cause a bit more anxiety, if you get that from heavy sativa strains you may prefer using hash or flower.
But again, depends on the hash or flower.

Hi all,
How do they compare via the oral route ?
Thanks to all !
My apologies if this has been covered before kindly link
I've never eaten straight extract before but have used THC syrups a few times and I felt them a bit too heady compared to hash and flower edibles. Like it was missing a lot of the deeper body high I suppose. Can be just as enjoyable but might cause a bit more anxiety, if you get that from heavy sativa strains you may prefer using hash or flower.
But again, depends on the hash or flower.
Now that you mention it I think THC extract was missing in the body buzz aspect.

I haven’t eaten hash in like 7 years so I don’t remember. I think you’re right in that it has more of a body buzz .

Last edited:
Eating hash when done correctly, the body hight is extremely cushy, you feel like you are in a warm water and everything is so earthly and just fine... where as eating extracts , it more of a mind high and the a bit more giddy or sleepy depending if it is indica or sativa

I may be out of the loop. How do you eat THC extracts, or do you mean marijuana edibles? Apologies if this is a dumb question. I'd bet with hash it depends what kind of hash you use orally. I've only ever had some homemade hash that was kind of basic, there probably isn't even a name for it. It was plenty potent smoked but I couldn't imagine trying to eat it

The extracts can also been eaten; put some on tongue and swallow

So would that be like hash oil drops?

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean, and for some reason I can't shake the thought that eating straight extract would be a good way to give yourself a stomachache.

But yeah, OP, it can be done. I don't have any firsthand experience with either but I know you can make edibles with both. Ingesting an extract would probably get you a stronger, cleaner high than hash, but I'm not sure about just how much more potency and bioavailabilty an extract would have over hashish.

As a side note, now y'all've got me curious about sublingual dabs. Just taking a little chunk of wax and keeping it under your tongue until it's gone... someone do some experiments and report back, stat.

I may be out of the loop. How do you eat THC extracts, or do you mean marijuana edibles? Apologies if this is a dumb question. I'd bet with hash it depends what kind of hash you use orally. I've only ever had some homemade hash that was kind of basic, there probably isn't even a name for it. It was plenty potent smoked but I couldn't imagine trying to eat it

Oh I mean since legalization, plain THC has become available , in gummies , drops etc.

I get hash really cheap, 150/oz and I find eating a gram just rips me and I have a high tolerance. I dunno edibles are ok but lack the full bodyness (for lack of a better term) that hash offers.

You don't say if the hash has been decarbed, this has to happen with heat, otherwise you won't feel any effects. Secondly your body cannot digest it unless you eat fat with it, I think it's any sort of fat. The THC, CBD etc aren't water soluble, so without fat eaten alongside it passes straight through wasted.
To decarb your hash, chop/grate it, seal it up in 1st greaseproof paper then seal the package with tin foil (usually I use herb, hash obviously gives a much smaller parcel). Then cook in the oven for forty minutes or more at just above boiling point (110-115'C). The smell varies, it can fill the house if you're not careful with your sealing, but I guess if it's legal where you are you don't have that concern!
After decarbing in the oven it is now bioactive. To make it bioavailable mix it into butter and sugar or similar to eat immediately or if you're doing a bulk cook, throw the extra into concentrated ethanol alcohol and it keeps for months. It leeches into the alcohol over time (heat speeds it up but bear in mind ethanol is very flammable) and a few drops in hot water/tea makes the alcohol mostly evaporate off, eat chocolate with your drink and you're good to go again.
One of the best highs I ever had was after finding an old dropper bottle of the strained alcohol extract and it was a bit sticky so I threw it all into my tea (bottle and all) and had some cheese or chocolate with it. Then it demands patience, for the first hour you get nothing from it. A while later, my husband was watching a film, he said for the duration of the film I lay on the sofa "sleeping" with a non stop grin on my face. From my point of view the movie's music was out of this world, I had mega visuals going on and I felt amazing. I didn't let on I was awake until I was sure I'd not be too doped up to speak. I've tried to recreate it without success, I think I had some gabapentin as well that day, maybe baclofen, but I'm not sure.
I've been gathering info on hash since 1982 and later on weed when that arrived here in the early nineties, it's a lifelong passion of mine since the age of twelve, it's the one I always need to complete me, I think taking drugs as a child does something to the developing brain so you can't return to "normal" because you never got as far as having a normal adult brain. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it 🤣😂🤣

You don't say if the hash has been decarbed, this has to happen with heat, otherwise you won't feel any effects. Secondly your body cannot digest it unless you eat fat with it, I think it's any sort of fat. The THC, CBD etc aren't water soluble, so without fat eaten alongside it passes straight through wasted.
To decarb your hash, chop/grate it, seal it up in 1st greaseproof paper then seal the package with tin foil (usually I use herb, hash obviously gives a much smaller parcel). Then cook in the oven for forty minutes or more at just above boiling point (110-115'C). The smell varies, it can fill the house if you're not careful with your sealing, but I guess if it's legal where you are you don't have that concern!
After decarbing in the oven it is now bioactive. To make it bioavailable mix it into butter and sugar or similar to eat immediately or if you're doing a bulk cook, throw the extra into concentrated ethanol alcohol and it keeps for months. It leeches into the alcohol over time (heat speeds it up but bear in mind ethanol is very flammable) and a few drops in hot water/tea makes the alcohol mostly evaporate off, eat chocolate with your drink and you're good to go again.
One of the best highs I ever had was after finding an old dropper bottle of the strained alcohol extract and it was a bit sticky so I threw it all into my tea (bottle and all) and had some cheese or chocolate with it. Then it demands patience, for the first hour you get nothing from it. A while later, my husband was watching a film, he said for the duration of the film I lay on the sofa "sleeping" with a non stop grin on my face. From my point of view the movie's music was out of this world, I had mega visuals going on and I felt amazing. I didn't let on I was awake until I was sure I'd not be too doped up to speak. I've tried to recreate it without success, I think I had some gabapentin as well that day, maybe baclofen, but I'm not sure.
I've been gathering info on hash since 1982 and later on weed when that arrived here in the early nineties, it's a lifelong passion of mine since the age of twelve, it's the one I always need to complete me, I think taking drugs as a child does something to the developing brain so you can't return to "normal" because you never got as far as having a normal adult brain. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it 🤣😂🤣

So you’re saying even decarbed hash can’t be eaten unless there’s food with it ? Thanks for education

So you’re saying even decarbed hash can’t be eaten unless there’s food with it ? Thanks for education
Yes and it has to be very high fat food. That's why some people do two steps in one by combining the gooey fatty food into the cooking part (at a lowish temperature so nothing gets ruined). Hash brownies come to mind.

I get hash really cheap, 150/oz and I find eating a gram just rips me and I have a high tolerance. I dunno edibles are ok but lack the full bodyness (for lack of a better term) that hash offers.
If you heat it up in Coconut oil or butter, probably has something to do with the short chain fatty acid's.

Then it will become way more bio-available orally. Maybe someone wants to fill in the science about this.