View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Eating food AFTER taking DXM?

thegreatgeno

Bluelighter
I know DXM is best on an empty stomach, but what if I take the DXM and THEN eat some food?

I wait until after I peak (and maybe even a couple hours after) before I eat. When the DXM kicks in, my hunger virtually disappears and I find I have to force myself to eat once the trip nears its completion (unless I've got weed, of course). I'd say, don't eat any more than some crackers, that should bide you until the trip hits. But if you're prone to nausea, then realize that eating food is basically just loading a bullet in the chamber.

I used to eat a meal, sometimes a big one, and dose right afterwards. Most of the time it kicked in faster, with less nausea, and was more intense. Though the downfall was that if I puked, it tended to be very thick and nasty. (This was also with CCC, I strongly discourage anyone from using this and I no longer do myself.)

Off topic a little, but the first time I had any dxm in a while I'm coming up strong and my brother in law comes in and wants me to help him get a fly out of his ear. Wrong time to ask such a bizarre question I tell you what.

I just am not hungry on DXM until come down. Anytimes I've tried making myself eat food on it it just doesn't taste the same either.

I ate some vegan tacos about an hour or two after chuggin a 5oz DELSIMe. Keep in mind with me, DELSIMe always takes at least 3 hours to reach a low threshold and 4hr for things to start getting intense. The peak usually starts about 5-8 hours in for me with DELSIMe. I also have zero nausea from any syrup. If you don't get nausea, it is no problem, but if you do, I imagine that having a meal would probably make it 1000x worse.

I almost always like having a small meal right after downing the dxm. I find that it actually helps with the nausea most times. Also helps get that gnarly taste out of the back of your throat X(

OMG I just realized this is a necro thread from 2011 lol. So many views (that's what tipped me off actually)

Last edited:
Can you eat after your dxm dose??

Yes. But you won't really feel to for quite sometime into the trip or even until you comedown.

Also is 100mg a decent dextromethorpan high?? Plz help!!

Depends on your weight. Use this DXM Dosage Calculator to determine a good dose for your weight.
I suggest you also read The DXM FAQ to determine which aspect of the "high" you seek to explore as there are 4.

I recommend a mid-level 2nd plateau trip for the first time after you've taken a small dose of the drug, or even that 100mg, to ensure you are not allergic to it.

Dude man, I hear ya. That is like when you are wondering why it hasn't kicked in yet and you go to the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror and try to get both eyes to reflect into each other and then you get BAM full on fear void universe being sucked into your pupils mode.

Last edited: