View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Eating decarbed weed - a new psychedelic world

Ismene2

Bluelighter
I heartily reccomend eating from 10-20 '00' capsules of decarbed sativa weed for a new psychedelic world. Dunno if it's so psychedelic in itself or if it's so good at recreating memories that it feels like you are on a good LSD trip but it's fantastic. And it has one of the best afterglows of any drug I've ever had. Ten out of ten.

Ismene if your gonna be eating weed all the time I highly recommend making a butter or at the very least comsuming with a fatty meal. I’ve done side by side tests with decarboxylated RSO orally VS the same put into a fat carrier. The fat majorly raises BA. The only reason I kept using it as is, was pure laziness mixed with high accessibility to pretty much free stuff. If you pay anything substantial for your cannabis though, use the fats!

Good edibles are nothing like smoking though I’ll agree. I find the ones I make to be almost like an opiate but trippy too. I get a euphoria from edibles that smoking doesn’t give. Only thing is my mood crashes hard when I finally come off, in comparison to smoking it.

-GC

I've never figured out how to dose accurately with the cooking tho, I end up with one bit enough to knock you cold and the other half is inactive!

I found it really similar to acid at very high doses - but obviously all round gentler. Great afterglow the following day too.

Well, the Hindus didn't eat cannabis for nothin'. In my my youth I had a major bad trip ingesting about 2 g of hash (which must have been decarboxylated to an unknown degree). Thought my watch had stopped working as the second hand didn't appear to move, my room kept changing size - a lot!, walls breathing, could not separate my self from whatever I was looking at etc. I was very much a victim of my own ignorance of set and setting at that time. In my experience, oral THC much more easily creates a paranoid headspace than psychedelics do, but that early experience may of course taint my later experiences. But others seem to share my experience too.

Oral THC is a difficult dose to dial in. It can be extremely overwhelming putting you in a head space like no other or it can be underwhelming making you question why it ever worked to begin with.

By the time you find an appropriate amount you may find some of the trippy aspects lacking or you might not. It is a psychedelic drug. It's also a stimulant as well as a sedative. Good luck.

The first time I ate weed was a massive overdose of hashish in a biscuit - lasted 2 days and wasn't enjoyable at all so I never tried it for about 10 years - then I tried decarbing weed and eating it and it was completely different - calm, centered, relaxed, just a beautiful high.

its all about the strain and dosage. I have had some good dosage made from nice strains that did not give anxiety. The last edibles i ate where from bush weed which gave me insane anxiety and paranoia