• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Eating a ten strip of acid at once - what to expect?

benson7

Bluelighter
I've done acid around a dozen times now, typically staggering 3 to 6 tabs of average strength blotter over the course of a night.

I feel ready to step it up a notch and would like to feel the sudden crash of a heavy dose hit me hard in the comfort of my own living room.

Can anyone describe the specific visuals I'm likely to expect? I'm used to seeing a pixelated environment, along with words melting away from CD covers, swirls and patterns on surfaces but how much more intense does it get?

Also am I likely to struggle to walk about and change CDs etc?

I realise that this dependent on the strength of the blotter, but if people could give me some useful advice I would really appreciate it.

what to expect...
normal_alien-night.jpg

i mean unless its really shitty acid 10 hits should have you tripping off the fuckin walls lol.. but yea the experience and effects are different for everyone. dont expect to be functional though. are you gonna be smoking weed too? i would say cut that dose in half and smoke some good bud.. but thats just me.

you can expect extreme intensity, and you can expect not really knowing what the hell is goign to happen...Out of body experience maybe, maybe you'll have a nightmarish trip from hell that won't end soon enough, or maybe you'll have brilliant ++++ that you'll never forget for as long as you live. It's really a dice roll...set and setting and all that blah blah blah....

If you have to ask, you have no business eating a tenstrip. That's not to say that nobody should ever eat a tenstrip, but you should know acid well enough to know what to expect.

If you have to ask, you have no business eating a tenstrip. That's not to say that nobody should ever eat a tenstrip, but you should know acid well enough to know what to expect.

^^this

I disagree with that. I tried lower doses several times and want to take it up a notch. I have no interest in knowing whether you think I'm ready or not.

People rarely accurately portray the specific visual aspects of a very strong trip, and I simply wish to due some research before taking the plunge.

^ its all about the closed eye visuals anyway.. fractals stretching out into infinity.

but the specific visual aspects arent really talked about simply because theyre unspeakable, you just have to see for yourself.

if you really think you can learn to "expect" the kind of intensity and effects that come from a heroic dose of acid after experiencing normal/high (but not heroic) acid doses, then i question YOUR knowledge of acid.

Expect to dissolve yourself. As for the specifics: your mileage may vary.

^ this

large doses at once are quite intense, and most people tend to see fractals, surreal landscapes & vistas (especially with closed eyes). You will probably be a bit rattled during the comeup, i'd recommend having a drink or two to abate some of the anxiety. Body effects vary so greatly that i don't think anyone could tell you what to expect. With eyes open, IME, things look somewhat akin to when Frodo puts the on the ring in LOTR, ha.

And do test your blotter with a low dose (1-2 hits) before you go jumping into a 10 strip. You'll want to make sure it is indeed LSD as opposed to a DOx or benzofuran type thing. Also, it would be good to have an idea of potency.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've yet to actually come across anything other lsd on blotter here in the UK and I've already had some samples from this batch so it should be legit stuff.

I like the thought of vistas and matrix style landscapes.

Just be careful. Be aware that you will probably forget what you are, and have no idea what life you happen to inhabit. It can be quite disconcerting. Spend as much time laying down, listening to music, as possible.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=34238

This report is easily the most intense experience of my life. I respected LSD before for its ability to change one’s perception but I am now totally humbled by what it has the power to do in very high doses. I have taken LSD before about 20-30 times and considered myself experienced, having tripped on doses of 5-7 hits quite often but this experience totally changed my opinion of the drug. On a higher dose it may as well be a completely different experience. I have emitted a lot of the less important details for the sake of brevity.

Higher doses can lead you to something you didnt expect at all, and maybe weren't ready for. There are more reports like this and I would advise you to check out Erowid and make sure you fully know what you are getting into so you can be prepared and evaluate how hard you want to trip.

Last edited:
ego death imo. i ate 5 hits of seriously strong acid, the dude told me not to eat more than one, and i saw myself dead

youll be soaring through other dimensions! i dont know the strength of your particular LSD, but Im thinkin if its really strong you might trip so hard you black out for periods of time.

i aint 2 familiar with acid, done it lke 5 times now in medium doses

but if u a dmt guy, y not ust eat 5 strips, save the rest n do a dmt pipe ?

now whats your main objective with such heroic dose? it cant be only recreational value,in my experiencesuch heroic doses of psychedelics deep inside means you want change and means BIG change! remember that such amounts of ug will give a birth-death experience, what so called birth pre-natal experience with different levels (see "lsd psychoteraphy by Dr Groff". Get a really familiar and safe atmosphere, probably with a sitter (i say this but generally my hardest trips been alone.. 8) ). Get ready to take off!