• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Easily bruising after pill use

vicodin.is.bae.ok

Bluelighter
Ive been taking tramadol and hydrocodone alot latley and i noticed yesterday that i was bruising much easier than normal ... Is this an effect of the drugs kinda mixing (2days apart) or a side effect...

Hmm... I doubt it's from "mixing" the two, but either one could be causing it, if not both. It's been many years since I've done opiates and I can't remember if it happened to me. However, when I take klonopin I bruise like crazy, especially on my upper thighs and shins.

Is it possible you banged yourself without noticing? Unexplained bruising could also be from a vitamin deficiency. If it continues, talk to your doctor and they may want to run some tests.

does sound very strange I doubt they would cause ease of bruising, hope all is ok

Bruising easily should not be a side-effect of Opioid use. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's definitely not reported commonly. I'm with T. that you might have just banged yourself up a litttle while intoxicated? We often don't realize how intoxicated we are, sadly. Easy bruising however, can be a sign of serious medical complication, like liver damage for instance. Do you have a PCP you can check in with?

It's my personal opinion that the two phenomena are unrelated, but it's just a guess.