• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Easiest way to extract DXM from syrup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakur

Greenlighter
really wanted to know the easiest way, found some tutorials but they are a little bit confusing (mostly the chemistry part)

I'm sure you could have used google or something to find that answer?

Prepare ahead of time a solution of the citric acid in water. For two bottles of syrup (8 oz
each) use 3 tablespoons of citric acid in 8 fluid ounces of water.
Add ammonia to syrup. DXM converts from hydrobromide salt to freebase and
precipitates out of water. Since it is now nonpolar it wants to go into a nonpolar solvent.
Now you add a nonpolar solvent and shake hard. Free base goes into
solution in solvent. Let solvent float to the top. Physically separate the layers. Now the
DXM is in the nonpolar layer, mix that with the acid and shake well. The DXM converts
back into the acid salt (since lemon juice has citric acid in it, we make DXM
hydrocitrate). This is so beautiful because the DXM is practically pulled across the oilwater
interface by the hydrogen ion gradient.
Now you throw out the oil layer, and the DXM is now acid salt in the lemon juice. Boil it
for a few minutes in the microwave, stir it good, so any volatile solvent that remains will
evaporate.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/48105079/The-Complete-Recreational-Drugs-Handbook

oh uau, thanks man, I hope I even understand that. ahahah
you know, like, I'm 16 and I'm portuguese, that's why I have difficulties understanding these processes... but I think that will do! thanks!

Or, you could just buy DXM-only syrup and drink it....that'd get my vote for ease of use!

While I do agree that extraction should work. I wouldnt use using ammonia and organic solvents without any prior chemistry knowledge

Guys, this is getting closed. As far as we are aware and believe me, we're open to suggestions through private channgels, there are no easy or simple methods for extracting active ingredients from viscous elixirs/syrups a la Dextromethorphan HBr Polistirex, Oramorph Elixir and Tussionex Syrup just to name a few. The process is significantly more intricate than something like a cold water extraction.

For this reason, we are quickly encroaching upon synthesis discussion. Dextromethorphan is not a controlled substance!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.