• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Early experimentation (Kratom, LSA, 5-HTP, some pharms.

Mikayote

Greenlighter
Hey all, second post. I originally got involved here because I really dislike sober reality, but wanted to try and get some mind altering experiences without the fear of police breaking down my door. So here are some early experiments...

First, I bought some kratom. Following advice of a friend, I mixed 6 grams crushed dried whole leaf with two ounces of 80 proof vodka. Microwaved for 20 seconds, opened the door and blew any fumes out, repeated process twice more, each time adding about 0.5 ounces of vodka. Strained this liquid into a teacup, then added 2 cups hot water to the remaining mash, and back in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. Lets steep for three minutes, another minute in the microwave, then allowed to steep for around five minutes while I got some other things prepared. This liquid was strained into the cup holding the vodka extraction, and I squeezed all of the liquid I could out of the hot water mash. Added coffee cream and some sugar, and drank. (taste is BAD)

The first time I did this, I got a very strong opiate like high, about the same as railing an oxy. The second time I got nearly as high, but an hour in got some CRUSHING nausea. Two more spaced out experiments both brought the nausea.

It definitely worked, and I got a very pleasant opiate like high, but the nausea was a killer. If I could find a way to get around the nausea, this would be a regular. As is, I just don't like throwing up very much.

Next up was an attempt to do an LSA extraction from morning glory seeds. Followed a recipe I got off of Erowid, which I double checked a few other places. No high, no hallucinations, just NAUSEA.

I tried 5-HTP on it's own... no effect, just -wait for it- nausea.

And since I finally got a doctor to start my treatment for MS, I was hoping to get SOMETHING with some recreational use*. I got 30 0.5mg Klonopin, and 30 10mg cyclobenzaprine (flexiril). I had read that cyclobenzaprine potentates benzos, so I had some hope. But no... very relaxed, but a few hours in I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. I felt that teasing little tickle at the back of my head that told me I was close to *something* happening, but she was just a tease.

Bagh... feel like Im starting to run out of things to try. I don't like alchohol or dex, soo...:(

You may want to try pre loading your stomach with some ginger or chile to get your stomach acids working next time you experiment with ethnobotanicals.

and also... you mixed cream and vodka? That alone would make me sick.

Regarding the LSA, you really have to do a proper extraction to ensure as little seed matter as possible is remaining in your final product.

Welcome to BL.

Buy your kratom powdered from an online reputable vendor hopefully, not some headshop rip off...and just mix it in with a little OJ or GFJ and chug. I"d suggest starting in the 4 gm range. Using too much kratom, or shit kratom, usually causes the nausea and the "wobbles". Anyway, just drink the powder and let your stomach acid do the extraction.

Try just chewing up the LSA seeds next time. There's no reason it shouldn't work for you if you get the dose correct and you use good seeds (i.e. ones that were harvested recently). The packeted seeds from stores like B&Q and Wilkinson in the UK work just fine, so if you're in the US you should be able to find similar quality seeds in stores there. If you do it right you will be tripping face.